Delay on refocus to IDEA

Matthew Chadwick

Jan 30, 2017, 10:12:00 PM1/30/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else experiencing this issue ? Every other time I switch to Firefox then back to IDEA, IDEA is indexing and blocks the UI so I have to wait for it to finish indexing before I can work again

Colin Fleming

Jan 30, 2017, 10:12:06 PM1/30/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

Are you using CLJS? The most likely culprit is that you have your CLJS output directory as part of your project, so when you switch to FF your files are saved and compiled, and when you switch back to IntelliJ it notices a whole bunch of new JavaScript and indexes it. Cursive tries its best to automatically exclude these directories for lein projects, but that’s much harder with the new quickstart-style projects. Find the directory that your JS goes into and in the project view, right click->Mark Directory As->Excluded.

If that’s not your case or that doesn’t help, let me know.

Matthew Chadwick

Jan 30, 2017, 10:12:10 PM1/30/17
to cur...@googlegroups.com
yep, bang-on. Thanks so much!