Pre-written Adventures

Gwerny

Mar 2, 2012, 7:00:24 AM3/2/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com

I think the ORE system is great, and superhero rpg’s are always fun. I have godlike, wild talents, Cerberus club. with ecollapes on order atm. And a regular group of  7 people for our Sunday night role-play night.

Sounds perfect, but with work, too many other commitments and little imagination I,ve not the skill or the time to make up adventures.

For all the other systems I’ve ran I’ve relied on adventure supplements and fan written adventures.

But for the standard wild talents (modern world with supers) which I and the group would prefer to play, I can’t find anything besides the ‘black heart, white knight’ which a couple of my players have already played.

Is there anything else out there?

Or are pre-written adventures / campaigns something that’s not happening with wild talents?

I realy want to run a wild talents game for my group but i need the help.

DivisMal1925

Mar 2, 2012, 11:56:41 AM3/2/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com
There are currently no pregenerated adventures for Wild Talents outside of WKBH.
So I got interested in the ORE through Wild Talents and it's versatility. However, I must say that after a failed attempt to get a semi-scifi setting off the ground with it I gave up due to similar time constraints.
That's when I tried Godlike. It was very similar to WT (the System was based on Godlike's engine) and had lots of prewritten stories. After running Donars Hammer, I transitioned in to a full adventure campaign called Black Devils Brigade. There was some uncertainty initially from my group. However, after a single session, it quickly skyrocketed to the top of our play list and has remained there for months (we are currently half way through). It's my single favorite adventure and setting I've ever run: well written, informative, challenging, dramatic, and most importantly FUN.
That's just my two cents, but I say give it a shot. In the next week or two the PDF and softcover should be available for Godlike's core book, and Black Devils Brigade is out there now. I can't say enough good things about either of them.

RTAllwin

Mar 10, 2012, 3:45:36 PM3/10/12
to Cult of ORE
I second DivisMal's sentiments about Black Devil's Brigade. Like him,
I began with Donar's Hammer and then started on BDB. It is one of the
most well-written campaigns I have ever seen for any game, and merges
the real history of the First Special Service Force with the Godlike
supers in great ways.

However, it's not a modern day superhero setting, and it's quite low
power as far as superpowers go and heavy on military action (but
having Godlike, you likely already know that)

The only other WT scenario that's out there 'Murders in the Rue
Orleans' is for the 'This Favored Land' civil war supplement. I
haven't found any fan made stuff either. One way to solve it is to
pick up cheap pdf scenarios for other supers games on DriveThru and
just remake the NPCs with WT stats. Or, there's a complete (?)
selection of stuff for the old Marvel Superheroies game available for
download at classicmarvelforever.com. It has both stand-alone
adventures and mini-campaigns. It'd take some work though...

Gwerny

Mar 12, 2012, 10:53:14 AM3/12/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the responses,

Have since looked into godlike pre-writen adventures and found loads from official releases, fan sites and even a d-day landing adventure competition.

Not sure if our group is up for WWII stuff but i'll put it to them, and try them on either a freeby or donars hammer (not sure if i've got it, but it rings a bell, will have to go and search.) before i shell out for Black devils Brigade.

Whilst searching i did find a blog from 2-3 years ago about Arcdream soon to be publishing some Adventures but nothing more.

Gwerny

Mar 12, 2012, 11:28:53 AM3/12/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com
Thought i'd add this also.

Book buying progression in our group goes something like:

1st person buys a rulebook and an adventure – if it goes down well

2nd person buys the rulebook an adventure and maybe a settings book

By the third adventure usually run by one of the above people nearly all of the group owns a rulebook.

This has happened for at least three rules systems

I don’t know if this is typical of gaming groups, but for our group by not producing adventure books Arcdream is loosing out a lot by me being stuck on step one.

RTAllwin

Mar 12, 2012, 7:33:46 PM3/12/12
to Cult of ORE
One problem with Wild Talents is that it is very difficult to come up
with opposition that can challenge a wide variety of PCs.

The same 250 point villian could be impossible to take down for an
entire supergroup of 5 ppl, while another single hero could defeat him
in a single combat turn. Any prewritten WT adventure would either have
to be ultra-generic, or require heavy customization by the GM - either
way, it will likely not be worth the price for many GMs, even as a pdf-
only.

In Godlike the power level is much lower, and Talents can cancel each
other out, so it's easy to challenge almost any team.

The next WT campaign I'm doing will be pieced together from free and
very cheap superhero pdf's from a variety of systems.

Aravol

Mar 13, 2012, 12:00:04 PM3/13/12
to Cult of ORE
Perhaps then some introductory level adventures, with prebuilt PCs? I
see two big uses to this -

Oneshots. Like a lot of systems, WT has such a variety of powers that
the "wuick play" style just doesn't work out so well. People put a lot
of rules crunching and storyline into most characters, and don't want
to see that dashed away.

Introductions. WT even moreso by being a system with a startingly
dynamic power creation ruleset, most games can benefit by having at
least a small book published for a group to pick up and go. This could
also allow a nicely tialored experience, without being too generic.