when.js 2.0.0 released!

Brian Cavalier

Mar 18, 2013, 4:53:02 PM3/18/13
to cuj...@googlegroups.com
We just released when.js 2.0.0!  This version is brings full Promises/A+ compliance, and async promise resolutions.  We also added a couple new features, including a new when/keys module for working with object keys, with all() and map() similar to when.all() and when.map().

As you'd expect with a major version bump, this isn't a drop-in replacement for when 1.x.  Several deprecated functions have been removed.  To help specifically with the removal of deferred.then, the when/debug module will log very noisy stack traces if you have any leftover usages of deferred.then, pointing to the spot where the deferred in question was created (via when.defer()).

Also, code that depends on synchronous resolutions will need to be updated.  See the Asynchronous resolutions topic here for more info.

KidkArolis

Mar 19, 2013, 5:51:54 PM3/19/13
to cuj...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this epic lib!