Fix for DVI monitors, normal resolutions like 1280x1024 and resolution detection (EDID)

Floris Bos

Dec 27, 2012, 9:35:57 PM12/27/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On the linux-sunxi mailing list where developers hang out, Hans de Goede
posted a very nice set of kernel patches that should fix the problems
with DVI monitors.
Tested it with a Cubie and my 1280x1024 DVI monitor, and it works fine
for me. I get the right resolution and the strange purple border to the
left of the screen I first had is gone too (that turned out to be HDMI
audio).

If you want to give it a try, you can grab my Berryboot build:
http://dl.berryboot.com/berryboot-cubieboard-beta2.zip
Write it to an empty SD card with win32diskimager or dd.

This Berryboot version also offers the option during installation of
making your MAC address static, preventing that your Cubie gets assigned
different IP-addresses all the time.

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos

Martin Wild

Dec 28, 2012, 6:23:51 AM12/28/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
This is great news!

My monitor can handle most of the resolutions, but getting more flexible resolutions and being able to connect to any DVI-Monitor would be a great thing!
do you know if those fixes have yet build within amerys latest hwpack?

Regards , Martin

Floris Bos

Dec 28, 2012, 7:39:18 AM12/28/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 12/28/2012 12:23 PM, Martin Wild wrote:
This is great news!

My monitor can handle most of the resolutions, but getting more flexible resolutions and being able to connect to any DVI-Monitor would be a great thing!
do you know if those fixes have yet build within amerys latest hwpack?

But I am compiling my own kernels (because I need the non-standard AUFS patch for Berryboot), so I haven't tried his hwpack myself.

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos

Alex Jenner

Dec 28, 2012, 7:51:04 AM12/28/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
This will be very useful. My Dell U2312HM supports VGA, DisplayPort and DVI, but not the cubieboard default 1280 x 720 mode.
I'm looking forward to testing this.

Michal Suchanek

Jan 6, 2013, 1:13:28 PM1/6/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On 28 December 2012 13:51, Alex Jenner <al...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> This will be very useful. My Dell U2312HM supports VGA, DisplayPort and DVI,
> but not the cubieboard default 1280 x 720 mode.
> I'm looking forward to testing this.

The stage/sunxi-3.4 branch of
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi.git contains these fixes
and it indeed works just fine with and old 5:4 17" screen.

Thanks

Michal