a20-cubieboard lubuntu new nand firmware available

benn

Aug 29, 2013, 11:13:11 PM8/29/13
to cubieboard, sup...@cubietech.com
dear list,

A new a20-cubieboard lubuntu server/desktop firmwares is available now.

Download URL:
http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/lubuntu/

changes:
1. sata, microSD, wifi(8188eu, 8192cu), usb, gpio, pwm, HDMI, ir, audio, ethernet have been tested
2. desktop: enable mali/x11 support
3. fix poweroff issue
4. upgrade to newest linux-sunxi 3.4 kernel, with some minor changes for cubieboard
5. server: preinstall openssh-server, vim,

issues:
1. video encoding/decoding, spi, 2D acceleration is not ready

also, I've successfully used gpio interrrupt, and usb otg(host/device), but without carefully test. so use it as your own risk.

Luiz Fellipe Ferreira

Aug 29, 2013, 11:22:11 PM8/29/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Good news! Tks

Atenciosamente,

Luiz Fellipe Ferreira

John Shaver

Aug 29, 2013, 11:46:58 PM8/29/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your efforts!

Would it be difficult to put together a minimalist headless ubuntu server image?

Thanks!

John

George Ioakimedes

Aug 30, 2013, 9:04:48 AM8/30/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, sup...@cubietech.com
Thanks! Is there an actual plan to ever get hardware accelerated video decoding? It would be great to have CedarX drivers.

Tom Cubie

Aug 30, 2013, 9:09:02 AM8/30/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM, George Ioakimedes <georg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! Is there an actual plan to ever get hardware accelerated video
> decoding? It would be great to have CedarX drivers.

It's comimg.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/08/30/preliminary-reverse-engineered-vpu-driver-cedarx-for-allwinner-a10-plays-h-264-videos/

> On Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:13:11 PM UTC-7, Huang Benn wrote:
>>
>> dear list,
>>
>> A new a20-cubieboard lubuntu server/desktop firmwares is available now.
>>
>> Download URL:
>> http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/lubuntu/
>>
>> cb-a20-lubuntu-12.10-v1.05-kernelsource.tar.gz
>> cb-a20-lubuntu-12.10-v1.05.img.gz
>> cb-a20-lubuntu-server-13.06-v1.00.img.gz
>>

>> changes:
>> 1. sata, microSD, wifi(8188eu, 8192cu), usb, gpio, pwm, HDMI, ir, audio,
>> ethernet have been tested
>> 2. desktop: enable mali/x11 support
>> 3. fix poweroff issue
>> 4. upgrade to newest linux-sunxi 3.4 kernel, with some minor changes for
>> cubieboard
>> 5. server: preinstall openssh-server, vim,
>>
>> issues:
>> 1. video encoding/decoding, spi, 2D acceleration is not ready
>>
>> also, I've successfully used gpio interrrupt, and usb otg(host/device),
>> but without carefully test. so use it as your own risk.
>>

> --

r0ckstore - owner

store.r0ck.me

Patrick Wood

Aug 31, 2013, 11:14:08 AM8/31/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but what about the allwinner cedarx drivers like we have on the a10? They're not working on the a20 Linux kernels. Any progress on these?