Re: [cubieboard] Digest for cubieboard@googlegroups.com - 11 Messages in 3 Topics

Ettore Bartoccetti

Sep 29, 2012, 5:47:06 AM9/29/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anthony,
i'll be interested to the VGA breakout board. If i understand it will be use instead of the hdmi port. Is it right ?

Dr.Ettore Bartoccetti
  Area Produzione & Servizi

  Responsabile Servizi Informativi Aziendali (SIA)

CIC s.c.r.l.
Via Castellamonte, 8 - 10010 BANCHETTE (TO)
Tel. 0125/621214 - Fax 0125/621290
Cell: +393485851016
e-mail
ettore.ba...@cic.ivrea.it

  Risparmia carta...mantieni digitale questo documento.

2012/9/29 <cubie...@googlegroups.com>

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/cubieboard/topics

    Anthony Maciel <maci...@gmail.com> Sep 28 03:12PM -0700

    Thanks for the info guys, really helpful.

    Just curious, would anyone be interested in a sort of group buy for a VGA
    breakout board? Looks like I would be able to put together a full kit for
    about $10-$15 each with US shipping (not sure about international) assuming
    ~10 people would be willing to go in on it. If you already have the
    components you might be able to do it cheaper yourself, but should save a
    bit of money for those of us without a stock pile of components.

    Let me know if you are interested, and if it seems like there are enough
    people I will pursue putting it together.

    On Monday, September 17, 2012 5:37:09 AM UTC-7, NOD wrote:

    Tom Cubie <mr.h...@gmail.com> Sep 29 01:00AM +0800

    > I sent some questions about shipping on my order a few days ago and didnt
    > get a response yet...

    The shop owner can not access the internet for the past 3 days. Now he
    is alive again. All the first batch of boards will be shipped after
    the holiday(Oct 6th). About 20 orders are already shipped today.

    --
    Keep simple, stay foolish.

    Joao Mendonca <jalfme...@gmail.com> Sep 28 01:03PM -0700

    How many batches were sold on alibaba?

    Em sexta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2012 14h01min32s UTC-3, mr.hipboi
    escreveu:

    Scott Castaline <skot...@gmail.com> Sep 28 05:19PM -0400

    "István Nagy" <nistv...@gmail.com> Sep 28 02:19AM -0700

    +1 for moving this project to Kickstarter :) It would be awesome!

    On Thursday, 27 September 2012 16:14:11 UTC+2, kse wrote:

    Alejandro Mery <am...@geeks.cl> Sep 28 11:22AM +0200

    > +1 for moving this project to Kickstarter :) It would be awesome!

    even if crowdfunding is a nice idea, kickstarter in particular is
    US-only, and this project is chinese. pre-ordering or crowdfunding
    will only work if the chosen service does smooth and inexpensive
    payments to small entrepreneurs in mainland China.

    Joshua Mesilane <jo...@zindello.com.au> Sep 28 07:23PM +1000

    I don't see the point. The project is already off the ground, it's something that's done in spare time. The creator(s) already have full time jobs and throwing more money isn't going to change that. This project is already up and running, what is moving it to kickstarter going to achieve, except inundating the creators with orders, that they're already struggling to keep up with.

    ----
    VK3XJM
    0416 039 082
    http://www.zindello.com.au/
    jo...@zindello.com.au

    NOD <ttmo...@gmail.com> Sep 28 03:52AM -0700

    Exactly that's why.
    More funds = able to increase production through various means = lower
    delivery and production time.
    Though that requires the ability to manage all that, which could cut in the
    time used for R&D.

    On Friday, 28 September 2012 11:24:09 UTC+2, Joshua Mesilane wrote:

    "jons...@gmail.com" <jons...@gmail.com> Sep 28 07:41AM -0400

    >> +1 for moving this project to Kickstarter :) It would be awesome!

    > even if crowdfunding is a nice idea, kickstarter in particular is
    > US-only, and this project is chinese. pre-ordering or crowdfunding

    One member of the Kickstarter team has to be a US citizen. That
    requirement has something to do with credit card processing laws and
    preventing Kickstarter from being used for laundrying drug money.

    Any one can buy from Kickstarter. The rest of the team can be from
    anywhere too. Your company does not have to be US based, you just have
    to have one US owner.

    However, CubieBoard is only suitable in its current form for highly
    technical people. You'd end up with a lot of unhappy Kickstarter
    customers if you did it now. To minimize problems the kernel needs to
    be in good enough shape that it is checked into mainline. Same for
    Android or debian/ubuntu builds.

    --
    Jon Smirl
    jons...@gmail.com

    NOD <ttmo...@gmail.com> Sep 28 06:19AM -0700

    True, would be a good idea to wait a few batches until the worst problems &
    niggles have been ironed out.

    Tom Cubie <mr.h...@gmail.com> Sep 29 12:56AM +0800

    > I think the trial production is because they are trying to make sure it's
    > stable enough. It would be a nightmare if there's one or more critical bug
    > found after mass production. Well, just a thinking. :)
    yes, this is what we think and worry about. First we ship about
    hundreds of boards out and listen to the feedback. If the hardware is
    proved stable. We can start massive production. Now we are looking a
    factory which can manufacture enough boards when we really start
    massive production.

    --
    Keep simple, stay foolish.

Alejandro Mery

Sep 29, 2012, 6:49:04 AM9/29/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 29/09/12 11:47, Ettore Bartoccetti wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
> i'll be interested to the VGA breakout board. If i understand it will be
> use instead of the hdmi port. Is it right ?

please don't reply the digest. if you don't have the right mail on your
inbox use the web interface to reply.

also, please avoid top-posting.

Thank you,
Alejandro Mery