FEL Mode Not Working (A20)

Cristian Varvara

Jul 20, 2013, 12:41:40 AM7/20/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to go into FEL for quite some time now and I need your help to understand why it's failing for me. I've tried both ways I found:
  • Pressing the FEL button before connecting the USB cable.
  • Pressing 1 in the serial console right after plugging in the USB.
In both cases, only the red LED lights up. Windows doesn't recognize any new device. No output in the serial console by using the first method. With the second one, this is what I get:

HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
boot0 version : 2.0.0
read dram para.
dram driver version: 1.14
dram size =1024MB
0x80c89095
super_standby_flag = 0
Succeed in opening nand flash.
block from 2 to 6
deal block 2
Succeed in reading Boot1 file head.
The size of Boot1 is 0x00068000.
The file stored in 0x00000000 of block 2 is perfect.
Check is correct.
Ready to disable icache.
Succeed in loading Boot1.
Jump to Boot1.
[       0.145] boot1 version : 2.0.0
[       0.154] script installed early ok
[       0.154] pmu type = 3
[       0.156] bat vol = 0 mv
[       0.172] axi:ahb:apb=4:2:2
[       0.172] set dcdc2=1400mv, clock=912M successed
[       0.174] key
[       0.186] no key found
[       0.186] flash init start
[       0.186] NB1 : enter NFB_Init
[       0.189] NB1 : enter phy init
[       0.192] [NAND] nand driver(b) version: 0x0x00000002, 0x0x00000012, data: 0x20130325
[       0.202] get the good blk ratio from hwscan : 944
[       0.205] NB1 : nand phy init ok
[       0.307] NB1 : init ok
[       0.307] flash init finish
[       0.332] fs init ok
[       0.334] fattype FAT16
[       0.334] fs mount ok
[       0.339] nand good_block_ratio=944
[       0.339] storage_type=0
[       0.386] 49
[       0.386] part count = 2
[       0.386] USB Device!!
[       0.389] USB Connect!!
[       0.444] uSuspend

And it hangs. The last line looks suspicious, but I have no idea what it means. I am being extremely incompetent or is this a software/hardware issue?

Perhaps not relevant, but I get "Lcd in danger" message in the serial console while booting Android from NAND. Is this normal? I have attached the full log.

Thanks you,
Cristi
log.log

Silverio Diquigiovanni

Jul 20, 2013, 5:19:19 AM7/20/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
- Disconnect ANY cable by cubieboard2.
- Keep pressed FEL button.
- Connect OTG cable (already connected to PC) to cubieboard2 keeping FEL pressed.
- Wait red LED ON and some secs.
- Relese FEL

DON'T connect power cable !!!

Cristian Varvara

Jul 20, 2013, 1:40:20 PM7/20/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply, Silverio! Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

While booting into FEL, is the cubieboard supposed to send anything through TTL?

Simos Xenitellis

Jul 20, 2013, 3:15:40 PM7/20/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Cristian Varvara <cristian...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Silverio! Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

While booting into FEL, is the cubieboard supposed to send anything through TTL?

When in FEL mode, nothing is shown through TTL.

Simos

Cristian Varvara

Jul 20, 2013, 6:57:36 PM7/20/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, simos...@googlemail.com
Just tried with Ubuntu 12.04 x64. Followed instructions from http://linux-sunxi.org/LiveSuit. Used source code for driver from https://github.com/linux-sunxi/allwinner-tools/blob/master/awusb/awusb.c. Driver seems to be loaded fine ("cat /proc/modules | grep awusb" prints "awusb 12959 0 - Live 0x0000000000000000 (O)"). Still doesn't work. Any ideas?

ahha007

Jul 20, 2013, 11:20:08 PM7/20/13
to cubieboard
Hello,

you need to update the Flashing tools, the Flashing tools suit for CB2(a20) in Windows OS is Phonenixsuit 1.06, you can downloard it from here:

2013-07-21

ahha007

Jul 21, 2013, 12:21:56 AM7/21/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
So far, I tried PhoenixSuit 1.0.6 (Win & Linux) and LiveSuitPack 1.0.7 without any luck

I don't see any new device detected when I connect the USB cable (in both Win & Linux), thus, I feel there's something wrong with the hardware. Is there any way for me to troubleshoot this and find the exact cause? I should get a microSD in the next few days.

Cristian Varvara

Jul 31, 2013, 11:56:09 PM7/31/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Finally figured out the issue... the supplied mini usb cable is broken. That's really lame. Thanks a lot everyone for your help!

my.game...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2013, 10:56:36 AM8/26/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Try flash CB2. After connect get error. See attached image.
Снимок-10.png

my.game...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2013, 11:23:59 AM8/28/13
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
To fix this error, for linux need udev rules file

SUBSYSTEM! = "Usb_device", ACTION! = "Add", GOTO = "objdev_rules_end"
# USBasp
ATTRS
{idVendor} == "1f3a", ATTRS {idProduct} == "efe8", GROUP = "test",
MODE
= "0666"
LABEL
= "objdev_rules_end"

test = lunux user group

R.A.

Mar 19, 2014, 12:09:25 PM3/19/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Wow! After about five days of trying on different computers, also on different systems, i read this post - and changed the "new" USB-Cable - now it works!
I always got a message, that windows found a new device, but it wasn't able to install it - now everything works fine!

THANKS A LOT!!!

Tomy Solano

Oct 14, 2014, 4:16:09 AM10/14/14
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, could you explain this a bit better, i really dont understand where i have to put or write this, thanks.