streaming video question

in...@botmite.com

Oct 3, 2012, 2:41:16 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Can the cubieboard handle 2k 60 frame per second video streams?
Any plans to have gig Ethernet or 10 gig Ethernet options?

Alejandro Mery

Oct 5, 2012, 11:48:05 AM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 3 October 2012 20:41, <in...@botmite.com> wrote:
> Can the cubieboard handle 2k 60 frame per second video streams?
> Any plans to have gig Ethernet or 10 gig Ethernet options?

the chip only supports 10/100Mbps ethernet

Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2012, 1:19:23 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

среда, 3 октября 2012 г., 22:41:19 UTC+4 пользователь info написал:
Can the cubieboard handle 2k 60 frame per second video streams?
Any plans to have gig Ethernet or 10 gig Ethernet options?

do you really thing A10 chip will work with 10gig Ethernet?
2K 60 fps - so high!!!! Try do search video chip ability.
I think it isnt work

in...@botmite.com

Oct 5, 2012, 2:48:13 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Are there any plans to run these boards in tandem, perhaps an edge card bus?
One may consider stackable cards, is that an option?

Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2012, 3:10:40 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Why tandem? I think no way! This is very difficult to develop. You can buy at same price more powerfull device.
Android boards are very difficult to develop under operating system.
Cubieboard until today not show firmware. Is not over. But they are proffessionals.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 5, 2012, 3:30:05 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 5 October 2012 21:10, Alexandr B <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Android boards are very difficult to develop under operating system.
> Cubieboard until today not show firmware. Is not over. But they are
> proffessionals.

what do you mean by "not show firmware"? building an image for the
cubieboard is just like building any other image for A10-based
devices, and everything is available in the public. including a
gazillion of premade ones.

Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2012, 3:45:25 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I mean firmwire is under develop. I ask Tom about it and he say is under develop. I try to say difficult proccess for topiс starter. He want much more can android boards allow.
Open firmwire is cool for developers!!

in...@botmite.com

Oct 5, 2012, 3:52:54 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I saw Rasberry Pi configured as mini supercomputer, probably like a beowolf cluster - for a little boy.  This is not hard in Linux via Ethernet.  Arduino has stackable options.  PIC has a processor board supporting stackable (OLIMEX) boards, some for displays others for I/O, sensors, etc. I2C, SPI, CANN, Ethernet, and to a much lesser extent Serial and USB are used for board to board bus communication.

I have interest in video streams and real time control (botmite.com) and also an interest in specializing processors, such as machine vision or LCD display, one processor intensive, the other delay intensive. Twin or quad processor boards do not operate a maximum performance or specialize functions.  Barrel shift registers were engineered for such purpose.  In process control facilities, layers of overlapping control systems operate; many with languages such as Basic.  Some are hierarchical , others distributed topologies.

Anyway, if its not supported, that's ok too.

jons...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2012, 4:02:04 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, in...@botmite.com
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM, <in...@botmite.com> wrote:
> I saw Rasberry Pi configured as mini supercomputer, probably like a beowolf
> cluster - for a little boy. This is not hard in Linux via Ethernet.
> Arduino has stackable options. PIC has a processor board supporting
> stackable (OLIMEX) boards, some for displays others for I/O, sensors, etc.
> I2C, SPI, CANN, Ethernet, and to a much lesser extent Serial and USB are
> used for board to board bus communication.
>
> I have interest in video streams and real time control (botmite.com) and
> also an interest in specializing processors, such as machine vision or LCD
> display, one processor intensive, the other delay intensive. Twin or quad
> processor boards do not operate a maximum performance or specialize

GPGPU is well suited to what you are looking for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPGPU

You can build extremely powerful systems around fairly cheap graphics
cards. These cards are 1000x faster than an A10 for the right type of
task. A10 and RaspPi are not designed for these types of workloads.

--
Jon Smirl
jons...@gmail.com

Alexandr B

Oct 5, 2012, 6:06:31 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com, in...@botmite.com
Then i try to use network render in cinema 4D on two computers i saw that each computer render own animation frame.
They are works on each own frame separatly. Thay can not render one frame together! And i understand: render prosses is use BUS CPU and RAM.
FSB. so much biggest!!!! then Ethernet.
And i see no plans to use computers in tandem. Ethernet very slow for FSB. Another way use one mother board with many procceccors.

in...@botmite.com

Oct 6, 2012, 2:06:08 AM10/6/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into it further.  I look forward to more documentation per cubieboard as I think it may also run RTOS.