Third batch?

lamvak

Oct 16, 2012, 5:09:27 AM10/16/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
What are the prospects for the third batch? :)

István Nagy

Oct 17, 2012, 8:23:11 AM10/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I guess these are the 1GB boards which were on sale Aliexpress two weeks ago, right?
I'm waiting three 1GB boards aswell :)

Clinton Lee Taylor

Oct 17, 2012, 8:40:02 AM10/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Greetings ...

 Also would like to put an order of a few, but have not yet been notified that there are boards or where to pre-order.  I do remember seeing a link - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/cubieboard-prototype-1G-2012-8-8-revision/511685_652108200.html
but it's reporting "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" ...

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT

Michal Suchanek

Oct 17, 2012, 8:46:48 AM10/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 16 October 2012 11:09, lamvak <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> What are the prospects for the third batch? :)

Also, will it be available only through aliexpress or also through
some shop that is really able to process payments?

Thanks

Michal

Henrik Nordström

Oct 17, 2012, 2:29:46 PM10/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
From what I have understood the plans are that there will be a shop at
the cubieboard site. But aliexpress is used for now for international
sales.

Regards
Henrik

István Nagy

Oct 17, 2012, 4:32:53 PM10/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I've ordered my boards here but it was limited in amount.
Still haven't received anything about Aliexpress that the boards are shipped but i guess it's only being packaged right now. Or maybe it will be only from the third batch because on Aliexpress you could order the 1GB version but in another topic someone wrote that a batch of 512MB boards has just arrived. So i actually don't have a clue what's going on with the 1GB boards :D

Tom Cubie

Oct 18, 2012, 7:41:17 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM, lamvak <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> What are the prospects for the third batch? :)

The pcb of third batch is making now. We will make 1k pcb first. This
batch has fixed known hardware bug of the 2012-08-08.

The second batch will start shipping this weekend, 150 pcs total, all
1GB version. Those who have ordered 512MB on aliepxress in the first
batch and not shipped will get a free upgrade to 1GB.

--
Keep simple, stay foolish.

Ivan Mironov

Oct 18, 2012, 7:56:58 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
18.10.2012 17:41, Tom Cubie пишет:
Hello!

Is there a list of known (and/or fixed) hardware bugs somewhere?

Alejandro Mery

Oct 18, 2012, 8:00:23 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
some pins in the sata header were swapped. all 2012-08-08 boards (1st
and 2nd batch) come with this fixed and tested manually.

C.Lee Taylor

Oct 18, 2012, 8:22:40 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Greetings ...
Awesome!!

When will the store open for more orders?

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT

Piotr Miedzik

Oct 18, 2012, 8:26:01 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I hope it will be open in 1 month

--
Piotr Miedzik

cubieboard

Oct 18, 2012, 8:26:30 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and add a big dot of silicone on the back of the board to hide
the ugly yellow capacity.

Tom Cubie

Oct 18, 2012, 8:29:58 AM10/18/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Most are minor bugs like the hole of the ir is too small that the ir
is too tall, some boards can not power on with hdmi cable plugged in
etc.

The biggest bug is the sata pin swapped and we have fixed manually by
adding a capacity on every board.

István Nagy

Oct 23, 2012, 10:56:50 AM10/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Do we get any email from Aliexpress if our orders are being shipped?
I haven't received anything so i assume i'll get my boards from the third batch.

Sergey Lapin

Oct 23, 2012, 11:14:26 AM10/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!

When I will be able to order new board with 1GB of RAM?

kse

Oct 23, 2012, 11:35:51 AM10/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

Am Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2012 16:56:51 UTC+2 schrieb István Nagy:
Do we get any email from Aliexpress if our orders are being shipped?

yes, as soon as they ship your order, they mark your order as shipped and  aliexpress will send you an eMail notification.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 23, 2012, 11:37:36 AM10/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
afaik the second batch covers everyone who already paid

Itai Tavor

Oct 25, 2012, 4:42:51 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Just thought y'all might like to know that when Tom says you'll get a free 1GB upgrade, what he really means is you'll get it if he feels like it. I didn't. Even after I explicitly asked for the upgrade AND offered to pay for it.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 25, 2012, 4:45:59 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 25/10/12 22:42, Itai Tavor wrote:
> Just thought y'all might like to know that when Tom says you'll get a
> free 1GB upgrade, what he really means is you'll get it if he feels
> like it. I didn't. Even after I explicitly asked for the upgrade AND
> offered to pay for it.

sure yours wasn't from the first batch (and already posted when he said
that)? iirc the second didn't have 512M units.

best regards,
Alejandro Mery

lamvak

Oct 25, 2012, 4:50:44 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Please, please, please stay on topic. At least for the sake of ones observing the subject, like myself.

Itai Tavor

Oct 25, 2012, 5:52:51 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Please explain how issues with fulfilment of orders are not on topic for a list dedicated to a product.

Also I'd like to know what makes you special, that I would need to censor myself because of you.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 25, 2012, 5:54:37 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 25 October 2012 23:52, Itai Tavor <itai....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please explain how issues with fulfilment of orders are not on topic for a
> list dedicated to a product.
>
> Also I'd like to know what makes you special, that I would need to censor
> myself because of you.

make a new thread, don't kidnap this one.

lamvak

Oct 25, 2012, 5:55:27 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Because the thread is about the (prospects of the) third batch. That's what I'm waiting to hear about.

Itai Tavor

Oct 25, 2012, 6:02:38 PM10/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I'm so sorry. I responded to Tom's post about a free upgrade. Bad me for responding to a post in the thread it was posted in? Because it's not what *you're* waiting to hear about?

No need for a new thread, this is over. Tom's bad at customer service and you're bad at communicating. Have fun.

lamvak

Nov 16, 2012, 11:19:57 AM11/16/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Any updates?
lamvak

Henrik Nordström

Nov 16, 2012, 1:41:31 PM11/16/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
fre 2012-11-16 klockan 08:19 -0800 skrev lamvak:
> Any updates?
> lamvak

The following is my understanding of the situation:

It was previously reported 1000 of the PCBs (only the PCB without
components) have been produced and verified.

When money arrives from the iniegogo campaign the boards will be
soldered, and also more boards produced to cover the amount of perks
requested on indiegogo. It may take a couple of weeks for the money
transfer and some additional weeks to solder the boards depending on
time availability at the factory.

If we are lucky the boards can ship in time for Christmas, but it is a
very tight schedule. I think some time in January i a more realistic
expectation.

Regards
Henrik

Adam Bialas

Nov 16, 2012, 1:52:18 PM11/16/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
It will be very nice Christmas gift , to get cubieboard :)

Drew Smith

Nov 16, 2012, 3:49:42 PM11/16/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Christmas would be nice.. Can't wait to tinker with this..
Also thanks in advanced for all the great work people have done with this platform already that makes learning this system that much easier!

SunshineDigital

Nov 17, 2012, 11:14:12 AM11/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I can live with January. If it is after Chinese New Years, it may be too long.  Lots of Chinese work hard up until the Chinese New Years for their year end bonuses, then quite to find a new job.

And of course, it is just plain old bad luck in Chinese culture to go into a new year with unfinished business debts.

Good luck and as the saying goes - everybody get rich.  Christmas is not important in Asia, but deliveries to the western world a huge nightmare.  January is a much better target.

SunshineDigital

Nov 17, 2012, 11:18:16 AM11/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I suspect that a Third Batch will not open up until production is complete on the second. CubieBoard has enough to renegotiate as it is.  Closure between batches is just about the only way to make sure that this doesn't go into the red and start promising things that cannot be fulfilled.

seahorse

Nov 17, 2012, 12:58:33 PM11/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I would rather prefer nothing is shipped in December, especially during the second half of December. There will be huge numbers of shipping for the holidays and this will increase the risk of lost/"abandoned" packages. I rather wait until January ;-)

Alejandro Mery

Nov 17, 2012, 1:00:19 PM11/17/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 17 November 2012 18:58, seahorse <mailbo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would rather prefer nothing is shipped in December, especially during the
> second half of December. There will be huge numbers of shipping for the
> holidays and this will increase the risk of lost/"abandoned" packages. I
> rather wait until January ;-)

very good point