cubieboard starts shiping next week

cubieboard

Sep 23, 2012, 11:55:20 AM9/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i am glad to tell that the first batch of cubieboards are going to
ship next week. The package will include:

45$: a 512M cubieboard, a DC to USB cable, a SATA cable(data + power)
49$: a 1GB cubieboard, a DC to USB cable, a SATA cable(data + power)

Because we have few 1GB boards, if you have paid 49$ on the 512MB
order you can choose
a) have a 512M board and plus a case(4$)
or
b) wait for the 1GB board of next batch, the next batch will be two
weeks later, and will all be 1GB boards.

If you paid 45$, you don't need to do anything, we will ship as
normal. If you have paid 49$ on the order "[cubieboard] prototype 512M
2012-8-8 revision", you had better leave a message on your order
saying you want solution a) or b). If you additionally paid 4$ for the
simple case, don't worry, we will handle it well, ship together in the
package of the box. I am sorry about the inconvenience it brings.

The board is pre-loaded an OS built with buildroot, with programs to
test the interfaces of the board. We will put instructions of building
the image on the wiki later.

Sorry for the long waiting. We can have a good sleep now.

Cheers.

- Tom

Kevin Crowley

Sep 23, 2012, 12:12:17 PM9/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Yeah!!!!!!!  Good work.
I still haven't figured out where to order on the website.

Nguyen Ngoc Dung

Sep 23, 2012, 1:01:24 PM9/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Glad to heard that. Thank for your hardworking !
Would you please figure how to order on the website ?

Alejandro Mery

Sep 23, 2012, 1:47:31 PM9/23/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 23/09/12 18:12, Kevin Crowley wrote:
> Yeah!!!!!!! Good work.
> I still haven't figured out where to order on the website.

these orders were made on aliexpress. and mine is already in transit
here in Spain ;-)

to be notified when the next batch goes on sale please register at
http://eepurl.com/pGlKj

best regards,
Alejandro Mery

Laura Germana Vailati

Sep 24, 2012, 5:06:37 AM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everybody down there, well done, Italy here and waiting for cubies.
I will put an answer more when the 2 cubies will be here!

Alejandro Mery

Sep 24, 2012, 7:48:02 AM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
and for the masochists among you, pictures of my just arrived
cubieboard http://imgur.com/a/vP2T6 :D

Tóth Norbert

Sep 24, 2012, 7:53:57 AM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Alejandro,

I have interested for, how have you paid for the board? Aliexpress equal for this website: http://www.aliexpress.com/

Thanks: Norbert from Hungary

2012/9/24 Alejandro Mery <am...@geeks.cl>

Alejandro Mery

Sep 24, 2012, 8:01:38 AM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 24 September 2012 13:53, Tóth Norbert <morav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo Alejandro,
>
> I have interested for, how have you paid for the board? Aliexpress equal for
> this website: http://www.aliexpress.com/

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/511685 to be precise.... but as it's
been told several times it's currently out of stock. register at
http://eepurl.com/pGlKj to be notified when the next batch is ready
for sale.

Piotr Miedzik

Sep 24, 2012, 9:50:03 AM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Mabe there should be big text on main page with this information.

--
Piotr Miedzik

marco franceschetti

Sep 24, 2012, 4:08:06 PM9/24/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

hopefully it will not be "returned" as my first mele :D

Alastair Gilfillan

Sep 25, 2012, 7:01:07 AM9/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
What...you want them to sell out?! Keep it quiet, man! More for the rest of us! =P

darkassain

Sep 25, 2012, 8:07:36 PM9/25/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
So all the 1gb Boards have been shipped?
damm its hard to choose between either getting it sooner with less ram or getting it latter with 1gb
Message has been deleted

Ricardo Cunha

Oct 1, 2012, 8:26:49 AM10/1/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today is a next week :) where will be avaliable?

Alejandro Mery

Oct 1, 2012, 8:30:08 AM10/1/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 01/10/12 14:26, Ricardo Cunha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today is a next week :) where will be avaliable?

this thread is about boards bought from the first batch, not about the
second. Also this week China is in holidays, that means no postings are
possible at all.

Cheers,
Alejandro Mery

Tom Cubie

Oct 1, 2012, 10:03:46 AM10/1/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Ricardo Cunha <ricard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today is a next week :) where will be avaliable?
You may want to take a look at this:
http://cubieboard.org/2012/09/30/ready-to-ship/

--
Keep simple, stay foolish.

Michal Suchanek

Oct 2, 2012, 7:16:57 AM10/2/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

On 27 September 2012 20:49, Giuseppe Tafuro <ad...@tecnorama.de> wrote:
> Still shipment required on alliexpress. Why some one have already recieved the board and my order wasn't shipped?

NOD

Oct 2, 2012, 8:11:59 AM10/2/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
There were more pre-orders than there were boards in the first batch AFAIK

Henrik Nordström

Oct 2, 2012, 7:56:12 AM10/2/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
tor 2012-09-27 klockan 11:49 -0700 skrev Giuseppe Tafuro:
> Still shipment required on alliexpress. Why some one have already
> recieved the board and my order wasn't shipped?

The early shipmens was without official box or SATA cables, shipped for
those who responded they accept delivery without those items.

Regards
Henrik

István Nagy

Oct 3, 2012, 2:04:11 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
I know everybody is asking this... but when can we expect the next batch? Is it already taken away by those who pre-ordered?

Gabor Molnar

Oct 3, 2012, 3:13:17 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Did somebody see that:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/cubieboard-prototype-1G-2012-8-8-revision/511685_652108200.html
Is this a joke, or preorder?

2012/10/3 István Nagy <nistv...@gmail.com>

Alejandro Mery

Oct 3, 2012, 3:14:39 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 3 October 2012 21:13, Gabor Molnar <gmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did somebody see that:
> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/cubieboard-prototype-1G-2012-8-8-revision/511685_652108200.html
> Is this a joke, or preorder?

I would call it a mistake.

Ricardo Cunha

Oct 3, 2012, 7:43:54 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Mistake? There are 5 orders for this.

Jocelyn P

Oct 3, 2012, 11:15:07 PM10/3/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:43:54 PM UTC-5, Ricardo Cunha wrote:
Mistake? There are 5 orders for this.

Yes I'm on of those 5 lol. If I have to wait ~60 Days like it shows for the processing estimate so be it, but I have a feeling "60 Days" was used as a placeholder time frame due to the Chinese holiday.

István Nagy

Oct 4, 2012, 5:19:23 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
So is this a fake or not? :)

Alejandro Mery

Oct 4, 2012, 5:25:37 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 4 October 2012 11:19, István Nagy <nistv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So is this a fake or not? :)

no, it's not fake. it's the official shop.

Gabor Molnar

Oct 4, 2012, 7:32:02 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The next problem is: "This product can't be shipped to the destination selected. Please contact the seller for details."
The cubieboard is available to Hungary, but the simple case and the TTL2USB debug board aren't shipped to here.
Can I select Austria, with Hungarian shipping address?
Somebody was advice that for other members.

2012/10/4 Alejandro Mery <am...@geeks.cl>
On 4 October 2012 11:19, István Nagy <nistv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So is this a fake or not? :)

no, it's not fake. it's the official shop.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 4, 2012, 7:33:39 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 4 October 2012 13:32, Gabor Molnar <gmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The next problem is: "This product can't be shipped to the destination
> selected. Please contact the seller for details."
> The cubieboard is available to Hungary, but the simple case and the TTL2USB
> debug board aren't shipped to here.
> Can I select Austria, with Hungarian shipping address?
> Somebody was advice that for other members.

yes, you can pick a nearby country, but be sure to tell the right one
in the comments.

Tóth Norbert

Oct 4, 2012, 7:59:12 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hali mindenki,

nem tudom, van-e akit érdekel az ötlet, de mi lenne, összefognánk, és közösen rendelnénk boardokat, igy a szállítás költségét megspórolnánk, vagyis szétosztanánk egymás közt (talán korrektebbnek tűnik, ha nem a rendelt board-ok darabszáéma, hanem a tulajdonosok száma szerint osztozkodnánk).

Ha esetleg van, akit érdekel, keressük egymást.

Alejandro Mery

Oct 4, 2012, 8:00:53 AM10/4/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
2012/10/4 Tóth Norbert <morav...@gmail.com>:
> Hali mindenki,

even went directed to people of your country, please write in english here.

amix

Oct 5, 2012, 11:52:29 PM10/5/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Huh? Ennyi érdeklödés Magyarországbol? Hogyan?

Huh? So much interest from Hungary? What's the cause?

And I agree with Alejandro: Let's write english in here, this is an international mailing-list.

Greetz, Andreas

Tom Cubie

Oct 6, 2012, 2:23:30 AM10/6/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Gabor Molnar <gmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The next problem is: "This product can't be shipped to the destination
> selected. Please contact the seller for details."
> The cubieboard is available to Hungary, but the simple case and the TTL2USB
> debug board aren't shipped to here.
> Can I select Austria, with Hungarian shipping address?
> Somebody was advice that for other members.

Hi, we have added the HK air mail for the case and TTL2USB, now it's
should ship to Hungary if you choose HK air mail.

> 2012/10/4 Alejandro Mery <am...@geeks.cl>
>>
>> On 4 October 2012 11:19, István Nagy <nistv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So is this a fake or not? :)
>>
>> no, it's not fake. it's the official shop.

István Nagy

Oct 6, 2012, 3:58:15 PM10/6/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the update :) I've ordered 3 boards, 3 cases with a TTL adapter into Hungary for me and my friends :)
Do you have an estimate about the shipping of the next batch?

Daniel Mühlbachler

Oct 6, 2012, 4:23:13 PM10/6/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Do we get a shipping notification and tracking number (DHL chosen) and when the first batch of 1GB boards will get shipped approx?

~ Daniel

Gabor Molnar

Oct 7, 2012, 7:53:14 AM10/7/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Out of stock again?
Meanwhile I had celebrated my daughter birthday the cubieboards are sold out?
I have to say "a picsába" :-(
I think you have to produce many many more cubieboard for us :)

Laura Germana Vailati

Oct 8, 2012, 5:30:24 AM10/8/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.

I bought 2 cubies on september, the 9th ..... and I'm still waiting (Italy here, I choose DHL delivering).
On Aliexpress the message is "The supplier is processing your order", but seriously I'm wondering about this shipping.
Have you any news?

Thank-you in advance.

Laura

Alejandro Mery

Oct 8, 2012, 5:37:21 AM10/8/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
On 8 October 2012 11:30, Laura Germana Vailati <lgv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I bought 2 cubies on september, the 9th ..... and I'm still waiting (Italy
> here, I choose DHL delivering).
> On Aliexpress the message is "The supplier is processing your order", but
> seriously I'm wondering about this shipping.
> Have you any news?

if you were lucky enough to fit in the stock of the first batch you
will get it shipped these days, because shipping was halted by the
moon festival holiday in china last week. if not, you still need to
wait another week for the second batch.

Michal Suchanek

Oct 8, 2012, 5:53:49 AM10/8/12
to cubie...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Tried to order a cubieboard through aliexpress and they say that my
payment is rejected for security reasons.

An awesome web shop.

I guess I will have to wait until cubieboard is available through some
sane vendor :/

Good luck with getting yours

MIchal