SSIS+ Excel Macro

Andrew Downs

Nov 8, 2016, 11:58:54 AM11/8/16
to COZYROC
Does anyone know how to apply a macro to an Excel Destination Plus .xlsm file?  I'm able to write the file without an issue but I can't figure out how I apply a macro so we can format the document.  Thanks!!

Ivan Peev

Nov 8, 2016, 12:54:32 PM11/8/16
to COZYROC
Hi Andrew,

I think you will have to use Excel automation to accomplish your requirement. However it is well known the Excel automation is not working properly under SQL Job agent service execution. Unfortunately I have to say there is probably no way to apply a macro.

Andrew Downs

Nov 9, 2016, 12:38:18 PM11/9/16
to COZYROC
I haven't had a problem with Excel automation, its working for me with SQL 2014.
I found a workaround for applying my macro to format a document.  Under the Excel Destination Plus object I changed the Existing Data option to Overwrite.  After the document was created for the first time, I formatted my spreadsheet.  From that point forward, only the data is updated and the formatting is retained.  I don't even need a macro to format anymore.
Is there a manual for SSIS+ where I could read about the functionality of all these tools?  Thanks

Ivan Peev

Nov 9, 2016, 5:55:19 PM11/9/16
to COZYROC
Andrew,

All component's documentation is posted on COZYROC's website.