Exchange Connector

John

Aug 25, 2015, 5:32:47 AM8/25/15
to COZYROC
Hi there

I'm trying to use Exchange Connection Manager to connect to a mailbox from a service account. The service account can access several mailboxes so I need to navigate to the appropriate one in the mailbox field.

When using an account connected directly to a mail-box I only need to put \Inbox in the mailbox field.

What's the correct format for the mail-box field for an account that can access multiple mailboxes? I've tried the formats below without success.

\emailaddress\Inbox
\accountname\Inbox

Many thanks,

John.

John

Aug 25, 2015, 9:40:30 AM8/25/15
to COZYROC
To add some more detail - the error message produced is below

When making a request as an account that does not have a mailbox you must specify the primary SMTP address for any distinguished folder Ids

Many thanks

John.

Ivan Peev

Aug 25, 2015, 11:53:42 AM8/25/15
to COZYROC
Hi John,

I don't think the Exchange web services API supports accessing other account mailboxes.

John

Aug 25, 2015, 12:07:15 PM8/25/15
to COZYROC
Many thanks for the reply - it is appreciated..

Apologies - please could you let me have a slightly more definitive answer on this. There's insufficient information in the web-site documentation to make a judgement. A mailbox path field is provided on the connector and the error message provoked does sound like it should be possible,

Best regards

John.

John

Sep 3, 2015, 6:01:45 AM9/3/15
to COZYROC
Hi there

The new version of 1.6 has resolved the issue. We can now access distinct mailboxes when using a service account using the syntax \em...@address.com\Inbox.

Thank you for your very prompt and comprehensive assistance.

Best regards

John

Dermot Carey

Apr 7, 2016, 10:18:56 PM4/7/16
to COZYROC
Is a service account the same thing and a shared mailbox. I tried setting mailbox to \MyShare...@address.com\Inbox. It Tests fine, but when i run it i still get emails from my personal inbox, not the shared inbox. Anybody else had success with this?