Version 1.6 won't uninstall

Dave Churchard

Nov 16, 2016, 1:08:40 PM11/16/16
to COZYROC
Evening All

I hope someone out there can help me.

I'm trying to update to version 1.7, so that I can use CozyRoc with SQL2016, but in order to do so I need to uninstall version 1.6.  Every time I run the uninstall process it reports that CozyRoc has been removed but it hasn't been, if I refresh the list of installed programs it re-appears.

I have tried using the msi package to uninstall, windows remove programs, cleaned out the registry and even the Microsoft troubleshooter download (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588).  Nothing seems to be able to clean up the current install so I can upgrade.

Does anyone know what the install package actually checks for on the computer, so I can have a go at removing that too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Ivan Peev

Nov 16, 2016, 5:22:39 PM11/16/16
to COZYROC
Hi Dave,

Based on your description I believe your Windows Installer database is corrupt. You have to use third-party tool to manually cleanup the installer database. Microsoft provides such tool for free.

Dave Churchard

Nov 18, 2016, 7:25:43 AM11/18/16
to COZYROC
In case anyone else has a similar problem I finally managed to get Version 1.6 uninstalled by using IObit Uninstaller, having had no success with the Microsoft uninstaller tool nor a couple of others.