Exchange connector issues

Marcel Gautreau

Oct 21, 2016, 3:38:54 PM10/21/16
to COZYROC
Hello,

Having an issue with Exchange e-mail connector. Pulling off an e-mail works fine at my PC, but not on the server. In fact, I don't see an Exchange CM on the Data Sources tab of the SQL Agent job. Server verifies as licensed. The proxy credential the job runs under owns the mailbox.

Any help much appreciated - can provide screenshots if you think they'll help.

Tks

Ivan Peev

Oct 21, 2016, 3:43:39 PM10/21/16
to COZYROC
Hi Marcel,

Do you get an error message and if so what is the exact error message?

Marcel Gautreau

Oct 21, 2016, 8:07:01 PM10/21/16
to COZYROC
Just 401 unauthorized from the 'remote' (presumably Exchange) server. My admin has looked at and can't see anything wrong either.

Ivan Peev

Oct 22, 2016, 12:04:52 AM10/22/16
to COZYROC
Marcel,

You have firewall or permissions issues. Discuss with your admin again. You have to make sure your server can access the Exchange server.

Marcel Gautreau

Oct 24, 2016, 9:33:33 AM10/24/16
to COZYROC
Tks Ivan,

I've added a firewall rule that seems to have solved that part (my admin is off today), but now I get Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CozyRoc\SSIS\License.dat' is denied despite have granted read access on the folder to the account under which the package runs?

Ivan Peev

Oct 24, 2016, 5:56:37 PM10/24/16
to COZYROC
Marcel,

You have to provide both read/write explicit permissions to the License.dat file for the user account you use under SQL Job agent. All of this and more is explained on the license instructions page here.

Marcel Gautreau

Oct 27, 2016, 10:20:43 AM10/27/16
to COZYROC
Thanks Ivan,

Still waiting on my admin, but it's looking more promising.