SSIS+ on SQL Server 2016 error

Michael Babkin

Jun 13, 2016, 4:32:44 AM6/13/16
to COZYROC
Hello.
After updating my SQL server to 2016 version, i tried to run some SSIS+ packages on that server. I got an error "Unable to create the type with the name 'EXCEL+' ".
Does SSIS+ 1.6 SR-4 work with SQL Server 2016?

Ivan Peev

Jun 13, 2016, 6:54:25 AM6/13/16
to COZYROC
Hi Michael,

SSIS+ 1.6 SR-4 doesn't support SQL Server 2016. Support for SQL Server 2016 will be included in the next major 1.7 version of the SSIS+ library.

leighan...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2016, 7:31:14 AM7/16/16
to COZYROC
I've just installed CozyRoc SSIS+ 1.7 Beta 1. I'm running Visual Studio 2015 and SQL 2016. According  to the post-installation instructions, when I go to add the items to the toolbox, there should be a tab named SSIS Control Flow Items. I don't see that tab. I see some of them on the .NET Framework Components tab, but not all of them. Where should I be looking?

Ivan Peev

Jul 16, 2016, 7:34:59 AM7/16/16
to COZYROC
Hi Leigh-Anne,

Starting from SQL Server 2012 there is no longer need to manually include third-party tasks and components. The third-party components will automatically appear in the custom 'SSIS Toolbox'. Check there.

nst...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2016, 6:21:29 AM10/13/16
to COZYROC
Hi Ivan, I still dont see the custom SSIS ToolBox. Is there someway you can help troubleshoot? I'm trying to use SSIS+ 1.6 library on SSDT (Visual Studio Shell 2015)

Ivan Peev

Oct 13, 2016, 6:28:20 AM10/13/16
to COZYROC
Hi Nikhil,

Switch the solution to SQL Server 2012 or 2014 mode and you should see COZYROC's components appear in the custom SSIS Toolbox.