Salesforce Unsupported Client TLS 1.0

adk....@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 10:35:17 AM2/23/16
to COZYROC
Salesforce has recently stopped supporting the TLS 1.0 protocol. The Salesforce SSIS data connection task has started failing since that has happened. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Ivan Peev

Feb 23, 2016, 10:56:11 AM2/23/16
to COZYROC
COZYROC's Salesforce adapters are dependent on the .NET framework and OS for the HTTPS protocol support. Which version of SQL Server do you use?

guig...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 10:01:53 AM3/1/16
to COZYROC
Hello,

I suffer from the same problem , I use SQL SERVER 2008 in my case

What are the solutions ?

Ivan Peev

Mar 1, 2016, 10:06:20 AM3/1/16
to COZYROC
Hi,

You have two options:

1. Upgrade to SQL 2012 or newer and setup the OS to use strong TLS security.
2. Ask Salesforce to restore the protocol back to TLS 1.0 version.

kap...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 9:53:21 PM3/4/16
to COZYROC
I have that issue using SQL 2012 R2 and the fix was related to .NET settings.

"It may be possible to enable TLS 1.2 by default without modifying the source code by setting the SchUseStrongCrypto DWORD value in the following two registry keys to 1, creating them if they don't exist: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319". Although the version number in those registry keys is 4.0.30319, the .NET 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2 frameworks also use these values. Those registry keys, however, will enable TLS 1.2 by default in all installed .NET 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2 applications on that system. It is thus advisable to test this change before deploying it to your production servers. This is also available as a registry import file. These registry values, however, will not affect .NET applications that set the System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol value."