SharepointSource Number Error

Burn Sys

Sep 30, 2015, 11:41:21 AM9/30/15
to COZYROC
When i use sharepoint source pointing to a List, Number fields are rightpadded with "0"

Connection:

Flow:

Sharepoint Source pointing to a custom List:

The field MiCode Does not match with data on sharepoint:

Column Settings:

Column settings:

I tryied SSIS 2005 and 2014, and With Sharepoint 2010 and 2013, always the same results.

any ideas?
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5
Auto Generated Inline Image 6
Auto Generated Inline Image 7

Ivan Peev

Sep 30, 2015, 4:19:45 PM9/30/15
to COZYROC
Hi,

We are not modifying the data returned by SharePoint. What you see is what is being reported by the SharePoint server.

Burn Sys

Oct 1, 2015, 11:38:59 AM10/1/15
to COZYROC
I linked the source list from access, and the server is returning the right numbers:

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Ivan Peev

Oct 1, 2015, 12:07:28 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
Do you use SharePoint web services in Excel or you are reading directly from the SharePoint database?

Burn Sys

Oct 1, 2015, 2:49:06 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
I Didi this:

It creates a linked table in acces from sharepoint.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Ivan Peev

Oct 1, 2015, 2:54:35 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
I don't understand anything from the screens. It is all in Spanish.

Burn Sys

Oct 1, 2015, 3:46:39 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
Sorry Ivan! let me write you an english detailed description.

Thanks for the help!

Burn Sys

Oct 1, 2015, 5:13:56 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
Ivan, here goes the full explanation.

I Created a TestList in Sharepoint 2010.

My test list has 2 columns, "Title" and "NumberField"

The TestList with 3 records:

(Look at the values in "NumberField" column, 1,2, 10)

NumberField Configuration:

Example of one record:

Just for testing, i exported the list to Access:

(as you can see, it's a linked table to sharepoint and numberField values are consistent with sharepoint)

To do another test i retrived the list using sharepoint API in .NET:

Again, sharepoint is returning the correct values.

Then i created a SSIS 2013 package (also did it with SSIS 2005) and created a CozyRoc Sharepoint Source:
Connection:

Source:

But when i ran the package, The column NumberFields, get completed with "0" at right, in such a way i can't even divide by 100000, becouse for example, value "1" and Value "10" are converted to "100000000000000" indistincly.

I tryied this with Sharepoint 2013, and 2010, and with SSIS 2014 and 2005, always with the same results.

Hope you can understand my problem and thanks in advance!!

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5
Auto Generated Inline Image 6
Auto Generated Inline Image 7
Auto Generated Inline Image 8

Ivan Peev

Oct 1, 2015, 9:24:52 PM10/1/15
to COZYROC
When you export to Access file, it is no longer using the SharePoint web services to view the data in Excel. You are viewing the data from the Access database. To confirm what is the response from SharePoint, please prepare Fiddler log file (saz) for the process where you see the incorrect values in SSIS. Make sure you enable HTTPS decryption option in the Fiddler options. Then post a copy or send to sup...@cozyroc.com the Fiddler log file you have created for further analysis. Thank you!

Burn Sys

Oct 2, 2015, 12:05:56 PM10/2/15
to COZYROC
Hi.here goes the log:

Take a look at the image. the numbers are returned from sharepoint in the correct format

Vs:

Thanks for your time!

fidlerSharepoint.saz

Burn Sys

Oct 2, 2015, 1:11:33 PM10/2/15
to COZYROC
I am starting to think it has something to do with Regional Configuration, and confusing "." with ","

Burn Sys

Oct 2, 2015, 1:32:26 PM10/2/15
to COZYROC
This is my regional config:

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Ivan Peev

Oct 2, 2015, 7:36:16 PM10/2/15
to COZYROC
You can set what culture is used for parsing the incoming values from SharePoint by setting the LocaleID parameter on the SharePoint Destination component.

Burn Sys

Oct 5, 2015, 11:50:48 AM10/5/15
to COZYROC
It was that!
I changed the LocalId from Spanish to English and it solved the problem

thanks for the support!!