1 Server, 3 Devs license question

ddo...@xmission.com

Apr 17, 2016, 8:53:37 PM4/17/16
to COZYROC
Hello! I have what I hope will be a straightforward question. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Currently we have 1 SQL 2012 server (2 actually but ony one for SSIS chores)  and 3 developers who we would want developing with CozyRoc product. As I understand the license we would want to get the Ultimate subscription which would be installed on the one server (of the two) where we'd be running our packages. Is anything additional needed with respect to supporting the developers from the point of view of them running CozyRoc on their development boxes?

That is, if a developer deploys to his/her local development station as though it were a live site - for testing - would additional licenses be required OR would the "best practices" approach be to purchase two Ultimate subscriptions, one for Dev/QA chores and one for Production?

Thanks again!

Doug

Ivan Peev

Apr 17, 2016, 8:59:15 PM4/17/16
to COZYROC
Hi Doug,

When you test and develop from Visual Studio (BIDS), no license key is required. A license key is required for each physical machine where you want to schedule and execute packages under SQL Job Agent. Each SSIS+ Ultimate subscription includes two license keys which allows you to license two separate physical machines.

ddo...@xmission.com

Apr 18, 2016, 7:48:23 AM4/18/16
to COZYROC
Ivan,

Thanks for the reply.

So, given we have three developers and one server to run Agent jobs that means two licences is what I am hearing. I'll proceed with my request for two Ultimate licences based upon that understanding.

1 Server + 3 Developers = 4 licences = 2 Ultimate packages

Thanks again!

Doug