SFTP Task - permission error on a Rename

Bill Ross

Dec 31, 2014, 5:40:15 PM12/31/14
to coz...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to use and SFTP Task to move these files from /test/834/*.edi to /test/834/acknowledged/

I'm trying to use the Rename setting and I get the following message:

[SFTP Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error
message: "Permission denied; Permission Denied! .".

But I do have the permissions.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ivan Peev

Dec 31, 2014, 5:43:46 PM12/31/14
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
Bill,

When you specify remote path beginning with forward slash (/), you are in fact specifying absolute path which begins from the root folder. I suspect the path below is relative to your specific user account path. Try to specify the path beginning with your user account specific path and then follow it with the other folders below.

William Ross

Jan 2, 2015, 7:05:27 AM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
That wouldn't be it as I use the identical path to download the files in the previous step.

What else might it be?

Thanks.

William Ross

Jan 2, 2015, 7:40:17 AM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
The paths I gave in my post are just examples. The actual path is longer and begins with /users/

I tried changing the path in a couple of ways but then I got a "not found" message instead of the permissions level.

Am I correct that the syntax is to have the source file have the *.exe designation and the destination ends with just the forward slash?

William Ross

Jan 2, 2015, 8:14:00 AM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
If I make the destination be acknowleged/ I get the permission denied error. So I don't think it is the path.

Ivan Peev

Jan 2, 2015, 5:53:23 PM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
Bill,

Then you don't have the needed permissions. The error below is returned from the remote server.

Bill Ross

Jan 2, 2015, 5:54:30 PM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com

But I can do it fine with Filezilla. ?

Ivan Peev

Jan 2, 2015, 6:39:42 PM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com
Bill,

Enable the verbose log in the connection manager. Then execute your package. Send a copy of the log file for review to sup...@cozyroc.com

Bill Ross

Jan 2, 2015, 6:42:03 PM1/2/15
to coz...@googlegroups.com, bill...@paxedi.com

Awesome, I’ll try that. Thanks!

Nov 2, 2015, 8:19:02 AM11/2/15
to COZYROC, bill...@paxedi.com
I had the same problem SFTP Task "Permission Denied", root cause appeared to be not fully qualified path. The non-fully qualified path works on separate sftp tool but not the new one. Anyway, its good practice to always code to fully qualified path.