REST Source - ServiceNow

AR

Jan 6, 2017, 12:44:59 AM1/6/17
to COZYROC
Good day,

I am trying to use REST Source, ServiceNow in particular, with SSIS+ 1.7 Beta 3.  I've got the connection working and have been able to pull some data across, but for some reason only a subset of available columns for each table is available. For example, in the Incident table, field "number" is not there.  This looks like a bug to me - I'd think that all available fields in a table would be available for extraction?

Is this an bug, unfinished component or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Ivan Peev

Jan 6, 2017, 7:42:51 PM1/6/17
to COZYROC
Hi,

You can use the Fiddler app to trace and see what metadata is being returned by the ServiceNow service for the particular resource. I suspect you either don't have permissions to the field you are looking for or there is no such field available.

AR

Jan 8, 2017, 6:26:00 PM1/8/17
to COZYROC
Hi Ivan,

I've tried returning the field via ServiceNow Rest API Explorer and it works correctly. I can also filter on the field when performing the selection via SSIS+ Rest Source - but I cannot get the field to be returned in the selection.  This leads me to think it is not a permission issue. I'll check out Fiddler in the meantime.

Ivan Peev

Jan 9, 2017, 7:53:40 AM1/9/17
to COZYROC
Hi,

Please post if there is metadata returned for the field and if so what does it show. Thank you!

rodl...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 10:37:00 AM4/7/17
to COZYROC
Hi Ivan,

My company is looking at allowing an external vendor to use our instance to Service Now using the Table API with COZYROC SSIS. However we clearly want to limit what data can be accessed via these REST commands for security concerns. What kind of ACL rules are needed so that the vendor can only have access to specific resources?

When using COZYROC SSIS+ to create a REST connection and testing it with our Service-now instance, we get the error message below.

TITLE: COZYROC SSIS+
------------------------------

{"error":{"detail":"2 records constrained due to ACL restrictions","message":"User Not Authorized"},"status":"failure"} (CozyRoc.SSISPlus.2012)

Thank you!!!!

Ivan Peev

Apr 7, 2017, 10:38:48 AM4/7/17
to COZYROC
Hi,

In the future I would recommend you create a separate post for your question, not hijack existing topic. Thank you!

The error is returned by the ServiceNow service. I would recommend you discuss the error with your ServiceNow adminstrator or contact ServiceNow support for further assistance.
Message has been deleted

lrodrig...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 9:45:40 AM6/14/17
to COZYROC
Hi AR,

I am also using the REST source to pull data from service now and I cannot pull the field data "number".

Did you find a solution?

Thanks!!

Ivan Peev

Jun 14, 2017, 10:43:53 AM6/14/17