Unable to retrieve digital product id

brett....@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2016, 7:43:51 PM9/7/16
to COZYROC
I'm trying to install the 1.7 beta on a SQL Server 2016 Development Edition instance to start working on upgrading our packages from 2012 to 2016 and I'm getting the "Unable to retrieve digital product Id" error message when I go to put in the license.

Does this mean that CozyRoc will only work on a "production" licensed server and that we can basically never use it in pre-prod?

Ivan Peev

Sep 7, 2016, 7:46:11 PM9/7/16
to COZYROC
Hi Brett,

When you test and develop from Visual Studio (BIDS), no license key is required. A license key is required if you want to schedule and execute packages under SQL Job agent.