Cozyroc SSIS - could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

caveray....@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 5:38:17 AM8/5/16
to COZYROC
Hi,

I'm trying to resolve an issue related to the TLS 1.0 being no longer supported in SalesForce in SQL Server 2008 R2. I've transferred everything I need to a new server using Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and SQL Server 2012 SP1 Standard Edition. I enabled TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.1 in the registry and installed COZYROC SSIS+ 1.6 SR-4, rebooted but was still receiving the TLS 1.0 not supported error in the Cozyroc connection manager.

I then explicitly disabled TLS 1.0 by modifying the registry again and am now experiencing a new error below. Has anyone else experienced this and can provide some advice?

Error: "The Request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. (System.Web.Service)"

Thanks

I've already looked at these help articles.

.NET 4.5 to 4.5.2 Option 2:
It may be possible to enable TLS 1.2 by default without modifying the source code by setting the SchUseStrongCrypto DWORD value in the following two registry keys to 1, creating them if they don't exist: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319". Although the version number in those registry keys is 4.0.30319, the .NET 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2 frameworks also use these values. Those registry keys, however, will enable TLS 1.2 by default in all installed .NET 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, and 4.5.2 applications on that system. It is thus advisable to test this change before deploying it to your production servers. This is also available as a registry import file. These registry values, however, will not affect .NET applications that set the System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol value.

TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.1

Salesforce Unsupported Client TLS 1.0

Ivan Peev

Aug 5, 2016, 6:16:59 AM8/5/16
to COZYROC
Hi,

COZYROC's Salesforce adapters depend on the .NET framework for support of the HTTPS protocol. SQL Server 2008 R2 is based on .NET 3.5 framework which doesn't support  TLS 1.1 or 1.2 by default. Microsoft provides patch for .NET 3.5.1 which claims it could enable support for the missing protocols. You can download the patch from here.

Give it a try and let us know if you are able to connect.