OpenPGP "Secret key not found" - Error

oky dov Ochert

Mar 27, 2017, 12:02:34 PM3/27/17
to COZYROC
I have GPG Decryption package  with Cozyroc component.
Most files decrypt ok.
Files from one vendor do not decrypt. I get a message :

[OpenPGP Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Secret key not found.".

I then use Klepatra and decrypt them with the same key.

Any Ideas?

Ivan Peev

Mar 27, 2017, 5:42:33 PM3/27/17
to COZYROC
Hi,

Check the secret key ring you have setup or the key password.

oky dov Ochert

Mar 29, 2017, 10:54:01 AM3/29/17
to COZYROC
As I noted above, the same key ring and same password in same task decrypts files from other vendor.
To the task I only changed the parameter of Source to a file of a different vendor and it failed decryption. Moved back and decrypted.

Ivan Peev

Mar 29, 2017, 3:21:30 PM3/29/17
to COZYROC
The other file is probably encrypted with the correct public key. That's why it decrypts. Check and make sure the input file is encrypted with the correct file.

oky dov Ochert

Mar 30, 2017, 3:47:07 AM3/30/17
to COZYROC
I can decrypt both files with the same private key and password in Kleopatra (manually).

Ivan Peev

Mar 30, 2017, 8:29:46 AM3/30/17
to COZYROC
We cannot do any further analysis without you providing the failing encrypted package and also the required secret key. And I don't think you can do that.

oky dov Ochert

Mar 30, 2017, 9:14:58 AM3/30/17
to COZYROC
I will try to ask the vendor to create a test file with a test key I provide them.

oky dov Ochert

Mar 30, 2017, 12:08:29 PM3/30/17
to COZYROC
Investigated further, I found that in Kleopatra I had an expired private key that matched this file id.
I don't know how the expired key got decrypted, but I will ask them to change it.