Insert Rows into Sfdc and return the ID/Error.

lemondash

Jun 1, 2016, 8:42:53 AM6/1/16
to COZYROC
Hello All,

I'm looking at some solutions for migrating data from SQL server to SFDC.

A feature I've experienced with a different product(DBamp) is that your can create two extra columns(Id,Error) on the source table.  When inserting that data from SQL to SFDC it returns the relative data fro them two columns(Id,error) and updates them two fields.

I've seen that the output columns(ErrorCode,ErrorColumn,Id,Error Description) from the CozyRoc SFDC component, I would like the return values to be populated along side the row in the source table.

Can anybody confirm this can be done ?

I've seen the video on the CozyRoc  website that it can be populated in a separate tab in a spreadsheet, but ideally I want it to return to an SQL table alongside the row it's related too.

Thank you in advance.

Regards Lee

Ivan Peev

Jun 1, 2016, 2:45:49 PM6/1/16
to COZYROC
Hi Lee,

You can redirect the error output from COZYROC's Salesforce Destination component to a standard OLE DB Command transformation component and update the rows in the source table with the information returned for the Id and Error Description.