SFTP: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (INTERMITTENT)

dennisma...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2017, 12:50:58 AM3/15/17
to COZYROC

when we try to connect to a SFTP server we INTERMITTENTLY get the ff. error: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". I've been trying to search but i cannot find a similar case where this happens randomly - sometimes we can successfully connect and sometimes we encounter this error. We turned on the verbose log and this is part of what we read:

"2017-03-15 07:24:38.833 INFO SshSession(1)[8] SSH: Connecting to sftp.igxfer.com:22 using SshSession 3.0.5885.0. 2017-03-15 07:24:39.926 ERROR SshSession(1)[8] SSH: Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ---> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 52.33.119.6:22 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)"

Any thoughts? TIA!

Ivan Peev

Mar 15, 2017, 7:20:11 PM3/15/17
to COZYROC
Hi,

The failure is caused by:

1. Network issue.
2. DNS issue.
3. Firewall issue.

I would recommend you discuss with your admin.

dennisma...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2017, 10:24:37 PM3/15/17
to COZYROC
Thanks Ivan! If this is a firewall issue, is it likely that the issue is with the sftp server firewall or with the client firewall?

Ivan Peev

Mar 16, 2017, 9:55:25 AM3/16/17
to COZYROC
It could be an issue with either firewall.