New podcast on Coworking & Shared Communities (Makerspaces, Tool Libraries, etc)

Colin Loretz

Aug 27, 2014, 1:44:53 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce our new project: Share Local Radio, a weekly podcast covering share projects and the share economy.

I'm from Reno Colllective Coworking, which has had a home for the last 5 years in Reno, NV and we spent 2 years prior to that building the community and testing the viability of coworking in our city. My cohost, Ashley Hennefer, is the founder of the Northern Nevada Tool Library which is just over a year old and also based in Reno.

While we plan on touching briefly on topics like ridesharing, coops, etc. we'll be primarily focused on communities that tend to also have physical spaces, such coworking, maker/hackerspaces, urban farms and tool libraries.

We have done our first two episodes setting the stage at a high level but we really want to dig into topics that coworking spaces and other shared spaces care about and encounter daily. The first two episodes give a sense of the shared communities in our area but by no means is this going to be a local show. We are looking to feature guests from spaces around the world and going through questions from new and veteran space owners, community managers and more.

We'd love for you to check out the podcast, subscribe to the show and contact us through sharelocalradio.com if you want to do any of the following:
  • Ask a question for us to answer on the show
  • Provide feedback on topics we discussed in a previous show for us to discuss in a future episode
  • Represent your space on a future episode as a guest

Alex Hillman

Aug 27, 2014, 3:18:45 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Gave both of the inaugural episodes a listen - this is great stuff, Colin!

Subscribed, looking forward to more :)

-Alex

---

Derek Neighbors

Aug 27, 2014, 3:22:19 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Do you and Tony still have a podcast going?

Alex Hillman

Aug 27, 2014, 3:24:52 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, cowo...@googlegroups.com
We don’t. :(

I’d love to get back into podcasting, especially since I’ve started listening to a lot more of them recently.

-Alex

Derek Neighbors

Aug 27, 2014, 3:28:28 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
We will need to have you on the guest of the DangerCast (http://bit.ly/1pI5aih). :)

Alex Hillman

Aug 27, 2014, 3:32:09 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, cowo...@googlegroups.com
I listened to most of them while I was on the road earlier this year!

Email me off list, I’d love to come on for an episode!

-Alex

Colin Loretz

Aug 27, 2014, 4:30:02 PM8/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone! Loved The Coworkers podcast with Alex and Tony, it would be cool to see it come back to life.

Alex and Derek, we'd love to have you both talk coworking, IndyHall, Gangplank on the show. I'll get in touch off list.

Subscribed to DangerCast as well, very topical :)

Happy coworking!
Colin

Jeannine

Aug 28, 2014, 4:54:06 AM8/28/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
HI, Colin,

Great stuff.  If you will put it on the Open Coworking Wiki we could, you know, blast it all over our social media.

Seems to me it could go above the fold for a couple of weeks, where the Coworking Day link is now, then move it down to "projects"  or something.

HInt.  Hint, hint.  Hint.

:-)

Jeannine

Ramon Suarez

Aug 28, 2014, 5:01:28 AM8/28/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

Subscribed to Gangplank Dangercast too :)

Would you guys want to talk about the Coworking Handbook in one of your coming episodes?