Nexudus wifi check-ins

Nicholas Steffey

Jan 19, 2018, 10:15:30 AM1/19/18
to Coworking
Hello everyone,

We are getting ready to go live with the first coworking space in Marquette, MI. and are running into some issues.

We just switched our focus from Cobot to Nexudus for our member management software and we have yet to find an adequate solution to handle wifi check-ins. We are looking to set up some form of system that identifies regular members and automatically checks them in and gives internet access and some form of login splash screen for visitors to the space to buy a time-pass that comes with internet access. The space will be open to the public during normal business hours but the front desk will not always be staffed. Because of this, it all needs to be controlled through wifi and automated.

Nexudus has some documentation as to setting up a Microtik router for this purpose, but I am struggling to grasp the content and further, our router is a Cisco.

Does anyone have any experience with this that they would like to share?

Thanks,
Nick

Andy Bedwell

Jan 20, 2018, 5:49:24 AM1/20/18
to Coworking
Hi

We have just installed Mikrotik routers in a new co-working centre and they integrate fine with Nexudus.  Others may know more than me but my understanding was that you'd need Mikrotik ones in order to link automatically with the system.  The installer described it as quite a technical installation which needed a bit of time to set up both on the router and the Nexudus side but now it's up an running it works fine so far.  Permanent members are automatically checked in and it blocks access to anyone who doesn't have a valid time pass.

If anyone has any experience of doing this with other router brands then it would be good to know.

Regards

Andy

Felicity Maxwell

Jan 21, 2018, 2:03:08 PM1/21/18
to Coworking
Andy is correct - I believe Microtek routers are required for using the wifi check-in function in Nexudus.  We worked with Lynn at Engineer Austin to get our system setup (contact details below) but you can also check on the Microtek site to see their recommended list of partners.

Also - the system can be some what of a pain to setup but is it so worthwhile once you have it up and running.  Its probably one of our favorite features of the system.

Good luck
Felicity

Engineer Austin, LLC
Lynn Haag, BSIE, P.E.

Nicholas Steffey

Jan 22, 2018, 10:09:51 AM1/22/18
to Coworking
Thanks Andy,

That is what I was afraid of... I have a call with some Nexudus support today and hopefully, we are wrong ;)

I'll keep updating here as I find new information.

Nick