Starting a co-working space

Theresa Stewart

Jul 19, 2017, 3:14:24 PM7/19/17
to Coworking
Hi Everyone,

First time posting. I read what you're looking for and hoping to do this right. My friend and I are co-working space enthusiasts, but haven't had luck finding a space that really works for us. We have be discussing the issue with some other people who are similar to us who feel the same way so we were thinking about starting a co-working space. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to give advice on how to get started?

I've been reading the posts on here about building community and things of that nature which has been really useful. What we're really looking for is someone who can give us tactical and practical advice on getting started such as building a budget and things of that nature. We've both worked in co-working spaces before, but have never started something like this. Any help and resources are appreciated.

Tony Bacigalupo

Jul 19, 2017, 3:22:10 PM7/19/17
to coworking
Hey Theresa,

This group is here for you for whatever questions you have!

Where in the world are you located?

I've made it my business to help folks starting new spaces and am actually hosting a video Q&A this Friday. I'll send you the details!

Learn a bit more about my services here:

There are also a few other wonderful folks who help people who are getting started; you can find some details on that here:

Welcome to the movement!

Tony

Theresa Stewart

Jul 19, 2017, 3:47:40 PM7/19/17
to Coworking
Hi Tony,

Thanks so much. I've actually been looking at that co-working wiki a lot.

My friend and I are located in Chicago, which has a lot of spaces but nothing quite right for our group. Please send along the details of the Q&A and we'll see if we can make it. I think out biggest getting started hurdle is trying to plan what v1 should be and budgeting for it.

Cheers,
Theresa
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com.

James Patrick

Jul 25, 2017, 2:57:54 PM7/25/17
to Coworking
Am considering building out a coworking space in Daytona Beach, Florida. Anyone have success in having an operator in another area help walk you through the process of putting it together?

Mark Benner

Aug 1, 2017, 12:15:30 PM8/1/17
to Coworking
Hi Theresa,
Good to hear from you. I too am in Chicago and have found difficulty in locating Co-working spaces that are appropriate for specialty uses. I would love to hear more about your vision for a Chicago Co-working community.

Mark Benner

Angel Kwiatkowski

Aug 3, 2017, 12:08:33 PM8/3/17
to Coworking
Hi!
My first cohort group for people starting coworking spaces starts on September 7. I wrote an ebook to take people through Dream to Grand Opening and the discussion group will revolve around those topics. Check it out if you like. http://coherecommunity.com/launch-checklist-for-a-coworking-space

Angel