Virtual assistant services

Kevin Penstock

Nov 20, 2015, 12:48:28 PM11/20/15
to Coworking
Hi, anyone offering virtual assistant services for your members? Like document writing, transcribing, data entry. Other than mail handling and printing that are the two obvious and seemly popular services. But more like flex secretary services.  Maybe even personal assistant services like someone to run personal errands.
Any experience on this? Ideas?
Cheers

Ramon Suarez

Nov 21, 2015, 6:31:38 AM11/21/15
to Coworking
No, there's just no demand for it and if anybody ever needs it they work with any of the existing concierge services, through freelance platforms and specialized companies

Ramon Suarez
Author: coworkinghandbook.com
Founder betacowork.com

Alex Hillman

Nov 21, 2015, 9:26:12 AM11/21/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'd also keep in mind that virtual assistant services is a completely separate business, not a simple add-on, and it's hard to do even when it's a standalone business.

Diverse revenue streams are great, but coworking + virtual assistant are like trying to play a game on "expert mode" before you've even passed the first level.

-Alex
---

------------------
The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.
Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com
Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

Kevin Penstock

Nov 21, 2015, 2:05:25 PM11/21/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ramon (and Alex on another thread).  You've confirmed what I already new.  After running our space for six years we've been asked maybe twice for virtual assistant services.
Just doing some research for some folks wanting to try this.
Cheers
Kevin

Joy Graham

Feb 1, 2016, 7:52:42 AM2/1/16
to Coworking
I'm a little late to the party... but thanks so much for the question and the answers!

I've been offering virtual assistant services to two coworking spaces for the past year (as a member perk/partner, not as an in-house service) and have been wondering if it's something I should attempt to offer to more spaces. Most of the projects have been one-off requests instead of ongoing assistance, but in my mind (which is a virtual factory of great ideas, of course), it's a nice gesture from the coworking spaces. The bonus is that members get a discounted rate.

I would love to know if other space owners/operators would be more interested if the assistance came from a service partner rather than a team member. Yes? No? Perhaps, if the sun, moon and stars lined up perfectly and no extra work were required???

Joy (www.EspritVA.com)