Coworking Partnership

Faraz Majidulla

Dec 9, 2014, 3:27:57 AM12/9/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of the coworking centers around the world would like to enter a partnership scheme, this would be great for coworkers who travel a lot for business.
Our coworking is located in Astana, Kazakhstan and is over 6500 sq m in size.  We have many different types of workstations, meeting rooms, conference halls, and a recreational center.
One of our most attractive services for out of town visitors is our concierge service, which will handle airline bookings, hotel bookings(at a discounted rate), and all local transport needs.  This service would be available to any coworking center that is in partnership with us.  We already have a partnership with five coworking centers in Russia and one in Kazakhstan, so joining us would help grow the network.  If you would like some more information on our operations please contact me or visit our website: http://multispace.kz/en.html

Thanks,
Faraz

Tabari Brannon

Dec 9, 2014, 5:05:52 AM12/9/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Faraz. I am just getting started with coworking. I am planning on launching a space in my city. I must say that your space looks phenomenal.
  • Is this partnership applicable to North American Coworking spaces?
  • How has this service impacted the dynamics of your community?
  • What is the cost structure for these services?

Thanks!

Faraz Majidulla

Dec 9, 2014, 5:43:17 AM12/9/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tabari,

Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on opening your coworking.

We are open to partnerships from all over globe, including North America.
This service has primarily impacted coworkers who tend to travel for business.  At the moment we are hosting more visitors than we send out and this only set to increase as Astana will be hosting the EXPO in 2017.  This being said, our primary goal with this service is to give our coworkers access to the rest of the world.  This can also be achieved by simultaneously broadcasting webinars or sharing guest speakers.
In regards to cost structure we work on a quid pro quo.

Which city is your coworking located in and do you have a website or brochure for it?

Regards,
Faraz

Tabari Brannon

Dec 9, 2014, 5:54:27 AM12/9/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faraz,

Our space is not opened yet, we are planning on opening next year. We are currently in formation, we do not have any brochures  yet. Our website is http://www.bakersfieldcoworking.com here is the vision for our space http://bit.ly/coworking

We are currently running jellies and meetups, to develop our community first. While we are developing the community I am working on the business plan and developing partnerships.

I suspect my space is  too early to make use of this partnership, but I think we should stay in communication. Thanks

~ Tabari

---

Jeannine

Dec 9, 2014, 9:46:26 AM12/9/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellas!

I would like to talk abotu this, becuse this wsa the original reason for the Coworking Visa of course.  But the feedback I am getting is that the Visa is under-promoted and also that its usual terms are not really fitting with the needs of the coworkers.

I am very much in favor of developing the Coworking Visa, and would be pleased to support any kind of partnership efforts any members of Open Coworking want to propose,  The reasonw e don't just make it up and set it out there is simple:  partnership programs are necessarily local and based on working traffic patterns (there is interest for instance in partnerships NL-Turkey and NL-Morrocco, not so much in NL-BE, because most people don't need that last even though you would think they would)

So if you want support, or if you think this idea is worth workign on, send up a flare.  :-)

Cheers,

Jeannine

Will Bennis, Locus Workspace

Dec 10, 2014, 10:54:28 AM12/10/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

A group of us in Prague created a kind of complement to the Coworking Visa to halp account for things the visa doesn't do well partly because of its greatest asset: it's simplicity. I'd love it if spaces would add themselves to coworkingwithoutborders.com. I think the Coworking Visa is great in many ways--primarily for its simplicity and the number of spaces using it. My coworking space is a member of the Visa program and we have not considered leaving it. That said, there are a few side effects of the Visa's virture of simplicity that makes it less than complete from my perspective:

(1) It feels awkward for me and for many of my members to actually use the Visa. I/they feel bad visiting a host space that we know has bills to pay and is providing us a service for free that their own members are paying for (even though they've agreed to it and we know we would be happy to host their members). I love it when people use the visa to visit our space, but when I've used it, I just felt awkward and at some point I decided I'd rather just support the space I'm visiting and pay for the days I use. In my experience, most of my members feel similarly.

(2) A lot of the spaces listed in the visa program are in fact "defectors." They put themselves there so their members can use the visa program, but they don't even offer the default three days. More often than not in my experience, the space managers don't know what it is when they're contacted or don't honor it (I had this experience with now 5 of 6 spaces my members contacted, and that I sent follow up--polite!--emails to, not honoring the Visa). It's nice for us to host visitors from other spaces even if the host space isn't on the visa program. But it's certainly not how the program is meant to work.

(3) The default time (3 days, which very few spaces go beyond and many spaces go below) is so short it's generally not worth the trouble. If a member only has three days in a city, they're usually not interested in trying a coworking space (unless they're specifically into exploring the world of coworking).

Coworking Without Borders is not meant to be an alternative to the Coworking Visa (rather a complement). I don't get anything out of spaces joining it other than being a space listed there, and so benefitting from there being more spaces in the network. It's free (like the Coworking Visa, you just add your space to a list--by filling out a Google form--and select certain terms you're agreeing to), there are no fees, there's no intermediary, and there's nothing keeping you on the list if for some reason you don't end up liking it.

But to me and the other spaces in Prague that set it up, it provides great potential added value to our members (with whom we created it based on their ideas of what they would want) and solves almost all the issues listed above:"Instead of putting the burden on the hosting space, visitors must actually pay the hosting spaces. Since they pay directly to that space for the time they use, there's no complexity with respect to currency exchange, escrow, or conflicting pricing models. The hosting spaces benefit and the visitors don't have to feel like they're taking something for nothing. Home spaces have the option to offer *their members* those used days to the length of their memberships free (what is being asked of the "host space" with the Visa program), which if chosen allows for a truly shared membership across spaces. Since it's restricted to full-time members of a coworking space, it also provides an incentive for members on the fence to get full-time membership.

Anyway, I'd love to see broad sign up for this: I don't see any cost to participating (other than the time taken to register your space). It adds value to your members and has the potential to bring in revenue from visiting members from other spaces. And it allows for a fully shared membership, even across spaces in the same city. Right now it has very little value, though, because there isn't a network of spaces signed up.

Best,
Will

Faraz Majidulla

Dec 12, 2014, 12:27:39 AM12/12/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your insight Will, it is very helpful and puts things in perspective.

I have signed up to coworking without borders, as I agree it compliments the coworking visa very well.

I recommend all other spaces to join this program even if you are not part of coworking visa, as it is a smaller community and you can have more direct access to other coworking spaces.

Regards,
Faraz

Raghuveer Kovuru

Dec 13, 2014, 5:36:40 AM12/13/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

Hey Faraz,

I run a coworking based out of Hyderabad, India. Its been nearly 70 days now and the journey has been rewarding! My space is humbled your sheer size and layout, however I would love to partner with you!

You can visit our facebook page at www.facebook.com/letscolaborate and also our webpage at www.colaborate.in

Cheers
Raghu

Barbara Sprenger

Dec 14, 2014, 5:22:06 PM12/14/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Faraz, we'd definitely love to partner with you! Your space looks beautiful. We've got 4 sites in California, with a few more in the works. I'm not sure how many of our people travel to Kazakhstan, but we all need to think about network! You can see us at www.thesatellitecenters.com and satellitedeskworks.com.

Barbara

eric van den broek

Dec 15, 2014, 3:54:54 AM12/15/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faraz,

Congrats for your space ! That's a great news. I'll probably head to Central Asia soon and I'd love to come and say Hi if I can.

We've created Copass with Stefano Borghi last year. It's a global network of coworking spaces. About 300 spaces have already joined. The idea is pretty simple : letting anyone work from any cool space on earth with one single account. Let me know if you need any information. I'd be happy to answer ;)

Eric van den Broek

Will Bennis, Locus Workspace

Dec 16, 2014, 3:27:54 AM12/16/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the positive words, Faraz, and really glad to have you on board!

With regards to your original post about partnering with your space: I'm generally always open to the idea of partnering in spirit with other coworking spaces. Can you say a little more about what--in practice--you have in mind? Is it just a matter of agreeing to host one-another's coworkers as the need arises? Or more about the spirit of agreeing to cooperate with one another as needed? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Will

Faraz Majidulla

Dec 18, 2014, 4:47:57 AM12/18/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raghu,

Congrats on the opening of your new place, it looks great. I am glad you would like to partner with us.  We offer our visitors 5 days free entry into our coworking with the option of iMacs if necessary.  We additionally offer a 25% discount on meeting rooms and conference halls.  What terms will you be able to offer?

Thanks,
Faraz

Faraz Majidulla

Dec 18, 2014, 4:50:34 AM12/18/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barbara, Your spaces look great and I am very happy you would like to partner with us.  We offer our visitors 5 days free entry into our coworking with the option of iMacs if necessary.  We additionally offer a 25% discount on meeting rooms and conference halls.  What terms will you be able to offer?
Thanks,
Faraz

Sandy Rowley

Nov 3, 2016, 1:45:03 PM11/3/16
to Coworking
Yes, we would like to join a partnership. How best do we proceed? You can email me at sa...@renowebdesigner.com and/or call 775 453 6120. I think this is a great idea for our coworking spaces.

Sandy

Rammohan Reddy

Nov 4, 2016, 2:22:17 PM11/4/16
to Coworking
Hi Faraz,

I visited Astana last year, I should have seen this message then. I did a workshop for TECHNATION accelerator supported by Kazakhstan government
, these were the startups in that cohort (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/lean-startup-business-model-innovation-workshop-kazakhstan-reddy?trk=prof-post)

I recently invested in a coworking + training space (TheNextSpace.co) in Bangalore, Indika and would be interested in this partnership. please do mail the details to moha...@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you

Cheers