Which coworking spaces should I visit in NYC, San Fran, Los Angeles or Miami?

Susan Jones

Sep 22, 2014, 1:38:03 AM9/22/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while. I'm in Australia and am investigating starting a coworking space (potentially with childcare) here.

I'm coming to the US in mid October and will be in NYC, San Fran/Los Angeles and Miami. I'd love to check out some spaces while I'm there and hopefully meet some space founders and learn from you. Which spaces would you recommend I visit? I'm especially interested in any that focus on women entrepreneurs, run accelerator programs or are running with a childcare model.

Thanks for your help
Susan

smartofficeguy

Sep 22, 2014, 4:57:29 AM9/22/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
HI Susan,

You should go to Wework while in New York City. Very large establishment and very active.

I am in Australia too.

Sam U

Sep 22, 2014, 9:43:52 AM9/22/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Susan,

I run Impact Hub NYC. We don't currently have childcare, though we have considered adding it (and may). We are just adding a 'pumping' room for new mothers. You are welcome to stop by for a tour if you'd like. 394 Broadway. We are part of a group of spaces and if you are a member here, you get access to our other locations in SF, Berkeley, Philly, and DC (soon). We are also affiliated with more than 50 locations around the world (including in Australia) and you get discounts at all of them.

Cheers,
Sam

Jerome Chang

Sep 23, 2014, 10:55:09 AM9/23/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, Felena Hanson, Iris Kavanagh
Hera Hub in San Diego has a high % of women members. They have also begun to franchise, which could be helpful to you. I've copied Felena above.

NextKids is run by NextSpace in SF. I believe their childcare component has been in operation for about 1-1/2 years now. I've copied Iris here, although I believe Diane runs this particular unit.

As for accelerators, there are now many. If you're looking specifically for accelerator/coworking combos, I don't have an immediate list, but I'm sure others here can provide.

---

Susan Jones

Sep 24, 2014, 9:59:22 PM9/24/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, fel...@herahub.com, ir...@nextspace.us
Thanks Guys,
I'll do a bit of online research and check out all those options. I'm only going to be there a short time, but I'd really like to make the most of it, and meet some space founders and learn from you guys.

Susan