Couchbase (actually Erlang) issues with OpenVZ

János Fehér

Mar 17, 2013, 10:03:41 AM3/17/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I need a little help. My dev VPS is hypervised by OpenVZ, thus the Couchbase's Erlang is not working.

I've upgraded Erlang to the latest version from http:/erlang.org, symlinked the /usr/lib/erlang  to /opt/couchbase/lib/erlang but I still have problems. If I'd like to do /etc/init.d/couchbase-server start, very shortly it will crash. In info.1 I see the ns_server "Driver compiled with incorrect version of erl_driver.h" error. Could you suggest a solution, please?

Versions:
  • CentOS 6.3 x64
  • Couchbase 2.0 community edition
  • R16B-2.x86_64

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Mar 18, 2013, 1:21:07 PM3/18/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
You will need to rebuild from source. And you will need to patch
couchbase with this: http://review.couchbase.org/#/c/25046/ and that:
http://review.couchbase.org/#/c/25045/1)

Otherwise R16 will not even compile it.

Another alternative is R15 and applying whatever missing patches it
has for openvz support from R16.

János Fehér

Mar 18, 2013, 1:37:51 PM3/18/13
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Aliaksey, thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.