cbstats not working

Guy

Sep 26, 2012, 2:48:52 PM9/26/12
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up monitoring of a couchbase cluster (couchbase bucket running on standard port 11211 with SASL auth, default bucket was removed) and I'm having a problem using cbstats. I'm using the command outlined in the docs: https://www.couchbase.com/docs/couchbase-manual-1.8/couchbase-admin-cmdline-cbstats.html but I get "Stats '' are not available from the requested engine" when I try to run it against our cluster.

I'm running this from one of the nodes in the cluster, I've confirmed that the bucket name and password I'm using are correct, I've tried both port 11210 and 11211 and I've tried the actual IP for the box as well as 'localhost' but it keeps giving me the error above.

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks,
Guy

Sergey Avseyev

Sep 26, 2012, 2:53:23 PM9/26/12
to couc...@googlegroups.com
It might be off the topic, but libcouchbase provides `cbc' tool, which
also have `stats' subcommand, which returns stats for all nodes in the
cluster.

http://www.couchbase.com/develop/c/current

Here is the example of usage: https://gist.github.com/3789821

The libcouchbase isn't included in server package.

--
Sergey Avseyev

Guy

Sep 26, 2012, 2:59:11 PM9/26/12
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Oops... I just realised my mistake. I wasn't using the -b and -p flags to specify the bucket name and password. In my defense, the documentation page I was looking at doesn't appear to document these flags or indicate they need to be used, even on the following page where specific bucket stats are retrieved:

https://www.couchbase.com/docs/couchbase-manual-1.8/cbstats-all-bucket-info.html

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for your reply, Sergey.

Cheers,
Guy

Zeming Jin

Sep 26, 2012, 3:01:39 PM9/26/12
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Did you use '-b [bucket name] -p [bucket password]' as part of the command line?

Regards,
-Ming

Guy

Sep 27, 2012, 3:52:09 PM9/27/12
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Oh wait - that's wrong. It *does* show these command line parameter options on the next page. Anyway, problem solved :)