Cornerstone v0.85.1 Patch Released

Sanjay

Apr 3, 2012, 10:05:46 AM4/3/12
to Cornerstone Development
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for enormous response for Cornerstone v0.85.1. We have received
so many requests for releasing Cornerstone v0.85.1 patch. Finally it
is out and available for download.

Please visit https://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone/downloads and you
can find the patch file for Cornerstone v0.85.1.

Note that this patch is built on top of the Cornerstone v0.85 source.
And if you run the v0.85.1 on ICS 4.0.3, it will fail. Before applying
v0.85.1 patch, ensure that you have applied v0.85 patch first.

If you still find any other issues, let us know.

Thank you,
Sanjay Jain

mk

Apr 3, 2012, 1:50:02 PM4/3/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hi, are there plans to support Android 4.0.4 in the near future?

tinku

Apr 3, 2012, 4:18:03 PM4/3/12
to Cornerstone Development
Thanks, For the patch I will be applying the previous patch 0.85
followed by 0.85.1 on my 4.0.3
Thanks
JK

isomorphic

Apr 3, 2012, 7:43:39 PM4/3/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
What does this patch do/change?

Sanjay

Apr 5, 2012, 12:19:45 AM4/5/12
to Cornerstone Development
This patch is built for Cornerstone v0.85.1 source. There are no new
changes in the source/features what we had released in v0.85.1. We've
released this patch just to make code integration easier.

On Apr 4, 4:43 am, isomorphic <adammiamibe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What does this patch do/change?

John Swayne

Apr 6, 2012, 11:11:43 AM4/6/12
to Cornerstone Development
Any possible ETA of 4.0.4 support?
The only rom I can find that has CS for the Transformer has dropped
support until 4.0.4 support is added.

onhsnm

Apr 6, 2012, 2:32:28 PM4/6/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com

We don't have an ETA on 4.0.4 at this time. In the past we have not upgraded on every minor Android release, and generally focus on milestone releases.

If any ROM developers that are interested in upgrading Cornerstone to 4.0.4 for their ROM releases, all the ingredients they need are in the open source tree, and we are happy to provide any guidance we can.

mk

Apr 7, 2012, 2:02:59 PM4/7/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I have managed to fix most of the compile errors on Android 4.0.4 on my own, however the following error has been stumping me for days:

WindowManagerService.java:886: invalid method declaration; return type required
    private WindowManagerService(Context context, PowerManagerService pm,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sanjay

Apr 9, 2012, 10:51:11 PM4/9/12
to Cornerstone Development
Java only throws the exception you are describing below when
Constructor name doesn't match with the file name. Please double check
that and if you still get the same exception, I would like to see the
full log trace. Without seeing the logs, it's hard to say where could
be the issue.

Francesc Pineda Segarra

May 26, 2012, 2:46:29 PM5/26/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
I'm also trying to integrate on an Android 4.0.4 based ROM (a mix with CM9 and AOKP), for me compile without problems, but with some changes, onskreen is working, but ROM restart itself killing system and applying other changes, onskreen not starts (only the Toast message one time) but ROM don't restart itself.

I think that is very annoying have a partial support from Cornerstone, for the moment only the Android community users are integrating your work on their custom ROMs, and you drop all support to all interested people, because you only support 4.0.3.

Why you don't add more branches with the help of the community? You can rename "master" to "AOSP_4.0.3" and with the help of the community you can also support CM9, AOSP 4.0.4, AOKP, ... and you always can merge some interesting changes or added features to your official branch for AOSP.

The future of this project can be to disappear if you don't try to be more opened to the uses cooperation.

onhsnm

May 31, 2012, 5:13:47 PM5/31/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
We have no intention of providing partial support to you or any other interested developers. We support 4.0.3 in the mainline because that is what we have had time and resources to build and test against. Since we have no been able to test against the 4.0.4 it has not yet been merged. We are by no means trying to be dismissive of the efforts that yourself and others are making to merge Cornerstone into various ROMs.

If there are specific problems you are having please do report them in the forum, and either we or some of the others in the group can help. There are some pointers in this thread to help when requesting dev help.

Jessie wei

Jun 19, 2012, 3:18:33 AM6/19/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sanjay,

Thanks for you making Cornerstone open source.
I have applied your patch v0.85.1 to android 4.0.3 source code and built it for virtualbox.
What I get is not exactly same as what your demo Cornerstone demo.
There is no switch button in the two cornerstone panels which enable the application switch function between main panel and cornerstone panels.
I am wondering whether you make your demo version open source. If so, where can I get it?
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jessie Wei

Sanjay Jain

Jun 19, 2012, 5:43:28 AM6/19/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jessie Wei,

Thanks for trying Cornerstone!

We had released demo long back before open sourcing Cornerstone. In the released open sourced Cornerstone source, we had removed the Swapping of windows functionality because of technical reasons. We had made changes in the architecture of the code and unfortunately we had to remove this feature.

Thanks again,
Sanjay Jain

Ethan

Jul 4, 2012, 10:28:11 PM7/4/12
to Cornerstone Development
Hello,

Is the source code for this version updated at github?

On Jun 19, 2:43 am, Sanjay Jain <sanjai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >> Thanks for enormous response for Cornerstone v0.85.1. We have received
> >> so many requests for releasing Cornerstone v0.85.1 patch. Finally it
> >> is out and available for download.
>
> >> Please visithttps://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone/downloadsand you
> >> can find the patch file for Cornerstone v0.85.1.
>
> >> Note that this patch is built on top of the Cornerstone v0.85 source.
> >> And if you run the v0.85.1 on ICS 4.0.3, it will fail. Before applying
> >> v0.85.1 patch, ensure that you have applied v0.85 patch first.
>
> >> If you still find any other issues, let us know.
>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Sanjay Jain
>
> > On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:05:46 PM UTC+8, Sanjay Jain wrote:
>
> >> Hello Everyone,
>
> >> Thanks for enormous response for Cornerstone v0.85.1. We have received
> >> so many requests for releasing Cornerstone v0.85.1 patch. Finally it

Sanjay Jain

Jul 4, 2012, 11:19:09 PM7/4/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, source for v0.85.1 is also checked in to github. You can also try applying v0.85.1 patch if you already have the v0.85 source.

Thanks,
Sanjay Jain

AndroidWorld

Aug 18, 2012, 1:37:10 AM8/18/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful application.

I have downloaded Cornerstone codebase from "https://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone".

I have merged (Replaced all files) in my AOSP 4.0.3 codebase and have built the source code for a generic system image. Taking this new System and Ramdisk Image, I have started my Emulator for Cornerstone.

But unfortunately, my launcher is not getting launched and I am getting an exception in the launcher.

Please find attached the logs for more details.

Can you please help me getting this problem resolved?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,
AndroidWorld
Cornerstone_Error.txt
cornerstone_log.txt

Sanjay Jain

Aug 19, 2012, 10:44:43 PM8/19/12
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hello AndroidWorld,

Thanks for trying out Cornerstone. First of all, Cornerstone is not an app. We have designed and implemented at Android OS level. Our official release was for Motorola Xoom and we didn't expect to run on Emulator because it requires more memory and got to build new kernel image and the emulator to be launched with the new kernel.

Hence, I suggest you better test on Motorola Xoom or any of the 3rd party ROMs built for various other devices. You can find the list of ROMs supported on

Let us know if you find any other issues.

Thank you,
Sanjay Jain

Ritter Liu

Jan 10, 2014, 4:12:50 AM1/10/14
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hi AndroidWorld,

I have met the same issue as you met, If I can not run CornerStone in AVD, how can I debug it?
In the other topic, that you mentioned you have successfully ported it to v4.1.2, could you tell me about your develop environment?
I want to test CornerStone and contribute it too.

Best regards,
Ritter Liu

在 2012年8月18日星期六UTC+8下午1时37分10秒,AndroidWorld写道:

Ritter Liu

Jan 14, 2014, 10:26:39 AM1/14/14
to corners...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have build CornerStone v0.85 for ICS and run it successfully in emulator.

More info please refer my blog:

BR,

在 2014年1月10日星期五UTC+8下午5时12分50秒,Ritter Liu写道: