Dorothy Fackre's Memorial Service - Sunday, October 29

Jane Ellingwood

Oct 15, 2017, 8:41:31 AM10/15/17
to Confessing Christ
Dear friends and colleagues,

It is with sadness, but also with joy in the celebration of her life and trust in the promises of resurrection, that I share with you the information below about the death of Dorothy (Dot) Fackre, the wife and partner in life and ministry of Gabe Fackre.

The information below about the memorial service was sent to me by Joanne Hartunian, who is a leader with the Tabernacle, CCMA, and RATC within the Craigville village on Cape Cod and is also a member of the planning committee for the Craigville Theological Colloquy. Please RSVP to Joanne (joanneh...@gmail.com) if you are able to attend Dot’s memorial service. For those of us who cannot attend, we can sympathy notes to Gabe and his family at the address that Joanne has given us.

Blessings and love to all,

Jane

Jane Ellingwood, Ph.D.
Independent Scholar and Theologian.
Craigville Theological Colloquy - Planning Committee.
Licensed Parish Associate - First Congregational Church of Bethel, UCC.
Cell phone: 203-512-5647.

_____________________

From Joanne Hartunian:

Dorothy Fackre passed away this week peacefully with Gabe by her side.  Her Memorial Service is Sunday, October 29 at 3 PM at South Congregational Church, Centerville, MA.  As you know, Gabe moved to Oregon with Dot in July to be with their daughters, but he will return to attend. I am unsure when he will arrive in MA or how long he will be in MA.

Gabe can be reached at  772 Division St., Oregon City, OR 97045 or via email to his daughter Skye Gibson at skyeg...@gmail.com.

_____________________

Lee Barrett

Oct 15, 2017, 5:31:05 PM10/15/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jane, for relaying this very sad news.
Peace,
Lee Barrett

--

---

Matt Schneider-Adams

Oct 15, 2017, 7:25:27 PM10/15/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jane. A life shared and committed life well lived.

On Oct 15, 2017 4:31 PM, "Lee Barrett" <lbar...@lancasterseminary.edu> wrote:
Thanks, Jane, for relaying this very sad news.
Peace,
Lee Barrett

Andy Lang

Nov 1, 2017, 2:13:04 PM11/1/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Bonnie Fackre-Cochise shared this beautiful photo essay from the gathering of Fackre family and friends at Craigville to remember and celebrate Dot's life: Dorothy Service & Fellowship

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 7:25 PM, Matt Schneider-Adams <revm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Jane. A life shared and committed life well lived.
On Oct 15, 2017 4:31 PM, "Lee Barrett" <lbar...@lancasterseminary.edu> wrote:
Thanks, Jane, for relaying this very sad news.
Peace,
Lee Barrett
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to confessing-chr...@googlegroups.com.

Andy Lang

Dec 6, 2017, 2:23:40 PM12/6/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
I learned today that Benjamin Griffin, former president of United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities and Andover-Newton Theological School, died unexpectedly last night.

Scott Paeth

Dec 6, 2017, 2:25:16 PM12/6/17
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
This is very sad news.

Andy Lang

Jan 19, 2018, 3:28:48 PM1/19/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Bonnie Fackre-Cochise has asked our prayers for Gabe, who has stopped eating and is in a downward spiral.

Howard MacMullen

Jan 19, 2018, 3:30:58 PM1/19/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Prayers ascending!

---

---

---

---

Andy Lang

Jan 19, 2018, 3:36:04 PM1/19/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Bonnie Fackre-Cochise has asked our prayers for Gabe, who has stopped eating and is in a downward spiral.

Cecil Prescod

Jan 19, 2018, 4:12:29 PM1/19/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com

Gabe is in my daily prayers.

Cecil Charles Prescod

Jan 19, 2018, 9:34:24 PM1/19/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Whenever I think of Gabe, my heart lights up.  His trust in the Lord,and his readiness for eternity is beyond question.  I am praying that his departure to another, even better, life will be tranquil.
Jim S.

Lee Barrett

Jan 21, 2018, 2:32:11 PM1/21/18
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
I am grieving to learn of Gabe's decline. He is one of the most truly profound (and compassionate) theologians of the UCC.
He has proclaimed the gospel in word and deed.
In Christ,
Lee Barrett

---

---