Re: Codekit Susy Compilation error in _grid.scss

Suleiman Leadbitter

Jun 8, 2012, 8:29:50 AM6/8/12
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Micah and Gabe - Thank you. I can't believe how obvious the solution was. Sherlock I obviously am not :P

On Thursday, 7 June 2012 19:26:36 UTC+1, FStop wrote:
This could be because CodeKit has its own built in versions of Sass/Compass, which I assume that it uses in place of whatever you have installed on your machine.

Here is what I did. Please note that this involves opening the CodeKit app contents and changing the files within. Though it has worked fine for me with no issues, doing things like this can have unexpected results. the usual back everything up and it could break your computer, set your house on fire & cause your hair to fall ou disclaimers are in place. :)  I have not talked to the CodeKit developers about this. Edit the files at your own risk. That said, as long as you make a copy of the CodeKit app file first, you should be fine.
  • This assumes that you already have the lates pre releases of Sass & Compass that Susy 1.0 requires installed on your machine. See http://susy.oddbird.net for details.
  • Close CodeKit
  • Make a copy of the CodeKit app, just in case. right click > duplicate
  • right click on the CodeKit.app file and choose "Show Package Contents"
  • navigate to Contents/Resources/engines/
  • you will see a Compass folder and a scss folder
  • now you will want to copy the contents of your Sass and Compass files from your install into these folders
  • On my machine the path is/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/compass-0.12.2.rc.0 and /sass-3.2.0.alpha.237
  • I matched up the contents of these folders with the contents of the corresponding folders inside the CodeKit app and copied them over. there were a few extra items in the machine's install, which I did not copy over.
  • After doing this, and Restarting CodeKit everything, including Susy 1.0 has been working fine for me.
  • Some considerations:
    • above all, YMMV
    • Updates to the CodeKit app will likely overwrite these modifications
Good luck and I hope this addresses your issue.

Gabe

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:37:50 PM UTC-7, Suleiman Leadbitter wrote:
I have been having some problems with Susy when using Codekit. It keeps spitting out an error

Sass::SyntaxError on line 58 of /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/susy-1.0.rc.1/sass/susy/_grid.scss: Invalid CSS after "...edia-layout-1) ": expected "}", was "{"
Run with --trace to see the full backtrace

There is more details here - https://github.com/ericam/susy/issues/37

If anyone knows what the problem is I'd be incredibly grateful, especially as I'm am new to this and every turn seems to be another problem :/

Thanks

John Albin Wilkins

Jun 8, 2012, 1:17:56 PM6/8/12
to compas...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend using Handlino's compass.app or fire.app. It has built-in support for switching between the sass/compass version bundled with the app and a version installed on your computer.

 - John

On Jun 8, 2012, at 10:36 PM, Neal Sheeran wrote:

I followed FStop's directions to the letter, and CodeKit's About box indicates success: SASS = 3.2.0.alpha.244 and Compass = 0.13.alpha.0.

However, I still get a similar error:

LoadError on line 31 of /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: no such file to load -- susy

This may be related copying the files over from within RVM, where my Compass and Susy gems are installed. Using Compass/Susy from the command line with compass watch works perfectly, if a bit more tedious than using CodeKit. What am I missing?

Neal Sheeran

Jun 8, 2012, 6:33:04 PM6/8/12
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, John. I have both of those apps, but couldn't make it work. Compass.app crashed as soon as I selected the 'user defined' radio. Fire.app got further than that, but still spit out error messages. I pasted the results of gem env path with both the system Ruby (1.8.7) and the RVM version (1.9.2p290) in use, but always got an error.

I got CodeKit to work by just installing Susy 1.0 under my default system Ruby (/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems) and adding this line to my compass config.rb (based on a Gist I found via Google):

require '/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/susy-1.0.rc.1/lib/susy.rb'

I even went back and put that path into Fire.app - no luck.

Appreciate the reply.

-- Neal

hlb

Jun 9, 2012, 11:02:15 AM6/9/12
to compas...@googlegroups.com
It seems susy 1.0 only works when you install it as a gem, and use -r to require it manually.
We will try to fix/support it in Compass.app/Fire.app.

– hlb

Neal Sheeran於 2012年6月9日星期六UTC+8上午6時33分04秒寫道:

Neal Sheeran於 2012年6月9日星期六UTC+8上午6時33分04秒寫道:
Neal Sheeran於 2012年6月9日星期六UTC+8上午6時33分04秒寫道:

hlb

Jun 25, 2012, 11:57:17 AM6/25/12
to Compass
We have figured out how to use Susy 1.0 pre in Compass.app, but it is
really complicated at this moment.

1. It seems Sass 3.2.0.alpha.247 has some issue with Susy 1.0 pre.
2. Susy need compass -r option, but you can avoid it by putting it in
~/.compass/extensions/ with correct name.

HOWTO: https://github.com/handlino/CompassApp/wiki/Install-Susy-1.0-Pre

On Jun 10, 9:59 pm, Steve Lombardi <smlomba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried compass.app, and it is indeed using the Compass on my system,
> but it still fails by not recognizing "susy'

hlb

Aug 1, 2012, 2:58:42 PM8/1/12
to compas...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Compass.app v1.17 has built-in Sass/Compass prerelease version support, and the installation
for Susy or Foundation are much easier:

hlb於 2012年6月25日星期一UTC+8下午11時57分17秒寫道: