SCO UNIX time line

Ian Peattie

Apr 2, 2001, 9:42:05 AM4/2/01

I'm trying to find the original release dates for various SCO Unix
versions, especially 3.2v4.2 and 5.0.0.

I seem to recall someone's web page listing this (Jeff Liebermann's?)
but I can't find the info.

Ian.

--
Ian Peattie i...@john-richard.co.uk
Edinburgh, Scotland.

Tom Parsons

Apr 2, 2001, 10:52:49 AM4/2/01
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
Ian Peattie enscribed:

| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to find the original release dates for various SCO Unix
| versions, especially 3.2v4.2 and 5.0.0.

I don't know the exact dates, these years should be right, months may
vary.
3.2v4.2 1993 Jan-Mar
5.0.0 1995 May/June
5.0.2 1996
5.0.4 1997 May/June
5.0.5 1998 May/June
5.0.6 2000 August
Tom Parsons t...@tegan.com

Ian Peattie

Apr 2, 2001, 11:09:09 AM4/2/01
In article <2001040209...@tegan.com>, Tom Parsons <c...@tegan.com> wrote:
>Ian Peattie enscribed:

>| I'm trying to find the original release dates for various SCO Unix
>| versions, especially 3.2v4.2 and 5.0.0.
>
>I don't know the exact dates, these years should be right, months may
>vary.

Thanks. Dates such as 'Q1 1995' etc are all I really need.

Tom Melvin

Apr 2, 2001, 11:52:00 AM4/2/01
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
Ian Peattie commented on:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find the original release dates for various SCO Unix
> versions, especially 3.2v4.2 and 5.0.0.
>
> I seem to recall someone's web page listing this (Jeff Liebermann's?)
> but I can't find the info.

try:

http://www.tkrh.demon.co.uk/scod.html

This came from Jeff's pages at some point plus an old net posting

Tom Melvin t...@tkrh.demon.co.uk http://www.tkrh.demon.co.uk
R&D Manager, Premiervet Sysop Compuserve Unixforum

Bill Campbell

Apr 2, 2001, 12:33:49 PM4/2/01
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:52:49PM +0000, Tom Parsons wrote:
>Ian Peattie enscribed:
>| Hi,
>|
>| I'm trying to find the original release dates for various SCO Unix
>| versions, especially 3.2v4.2 and 5.0.0.
>
>I don't know the exact dates, these years should be right, months may
>vary.
> 3.2v4.2 1993 Jan-Mar

3.2v4 was first released in early 1992. I'm not sure whether it was
3.2v4.2, and I don't feel like reloading my original Edge backups to see.

> 5.0.0 1995 May/June
> 5.0.2 1996
> 5.0.4 1997 May/June
> 5.0.5 1998 May/June
> 5.0.6 2000 August

Bill
--
INTERNET: bi...@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
UUCP: camco!bill PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way

Democracy, n.:
A government of the masses. Authority derived through mass
meeting or any other form of direct expression. Results in mobocracy.
Attitude toward property is communistic... negating property rights.
Attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate,
whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion,
prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences.
Result is demagogism, license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.
-- U. S. Army Training Manual No. 2000-25 (1928-1932),
since withdrawn.

Tom Parsons

Apr 2, 2001, 4:37:13 PM4/2/01
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
Bill Campbell enscribed:

| 3.2v4 was first released in early 1992. I'm not sure whether it was
| 3.2v4.2, and I don't feel like reloading my original Edge backups to see.

3.2v4.0 may have been in early 1992 and it was quickly followed by
3.2v4.1. Most 3.2v4.2 distributions have a kernel dated in February 1993.
Unlike OpensServer, older versions kept the compilation date during
the install.....which made untangling clobbered up systems much easier.