Modula-2 Devilopment System for AIX???

Marek Baldy

May 18, 1990, 8:23:50 AM5/18/90
Calling all AIX Modula-2 hackers! We know you're out there, somewhere...

We are using the "official" IBM Modula-2 Development System on our AIX
machine (an RT-6150). We are not all too happy with some of its
*features* and would like to try another system.

Does anyone know of, or use, an alternative development system or even
simply a compiler (preferably one which can generate code compatible
with dbx) which is available? (GNU?) Even a book about the "offical"
product would be helpful (please don't RTFM me until you've *seen*
TFM).

One specific problem we have had is when attempting to debug a program
which uses X Windows, the debugger flakes out with the error message
"program file bad", any ideas? (Apologies for limited detail...)

IBM (Switzerland) have been excelling themselves in the amount of
support they have been giving us :-), so we thought we'd asked someone
who might know.

Please mail replies to me and I'll post a summary if necessary.

Many thanks,
Marek.

email: ba...@research.abb.ch pmail: Marek Baldy
ABB Corporate Research Centre
User Interface Software Group (CRBC2)
CH-5405 Baden
Switzerland
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and are in no way meant to
represent those of Asea Brown Boveri.