KOMA scrlttr2 signataure customization

Haines Brown

Dec 30, 2012, 10:55:36 AM12/30/12
Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2. What I've done has been
to use a graphic signature in lieu of actually signing letters (at my
age, my signatures are ugly). I've been successful, but need a minor
adjustment that I can't figure out from the manual.

At present I have in my .lco file:

\@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{-0.5cm}

and in my .tex file:

\closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
\makebox[3in][l]{
\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
}}%

Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
left margin.

A second question is how to move this signiture information over into
the .lco file. Ideal would be the "\closing{Sincerely yours," here in
the .tex file, but the rest in the .lco file. I suspect this is
impossible.

Haines Brown

Ulrike Fischer

Dec 30, 2012, 12:09:16 PM12/30/12
Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:55:36 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:

> Another pesky question on customizing scrlttr2.

You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

> \closing{Sincerely yours,\\[-1.0cm]
> \makebox[3in][l]{
> \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}
> }}%
>
> Unfortunately, the \makebox position options are only l, c, r, and I want
> instead to move the box, say, 0.5cm to the left and thus a bit into the
> left margin.

I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

Haines Brown

Dec 30, 2012, 12:29:25 PM12/30/12
Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> writes:

> You should learn to make complete examples. Do you really expect
> from us to skim through the package documentation, your various
> remarks and your code snippets to build a test document?

My apologies. Didn't realize that my question required building a test
document. I stand corrected.

> I would use \hspace*{-0.5cm}\includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig}.

That worked very nicely, thanks.

Haines Brown

GL

Dec 30, 2012, 12:35:27 PM12/30/12
Le 30/12/2012 18:09, Ulrike Fischer a �crit :
The OP wants to move the box to the left ?

Or simply TeX: \moveleft.5cm\\hbox{\includegraphics...}

Axel Berger

Dec 30, 2012, 6:14:25 PM12/30/12
Haines Brown wrote:
> \includegraphics[height=1in]{bin/sig.png}

Why don't you use the \signature macro, provided by scrlttr2?

Haines Brown

Dec 30, 2012, 10:30:40 PM12/30/12
Very simply, I was unaware of it. In the guide to KOMA-Script (2012),
there was no return for a search of "\signature". The manual
"KOMA-Script bundle (2003) has that command, but off hand I could not
find a discussion of its options. I'll have to explore the latter manual
further, for until now I've only used the former. The Anleitung, Das
KOMA - Script-Paket (2004) off hand looks like the latter.

Haines

Markus Kohm

Dec 31, 2012, 12:51:58 PM12/31/12
Haines Brown (Montag, 31. Dezember 2012 04:30):

> Very simply, I was unaware of it

There's no \signature macro at scrlttr2, but a signature variable (see
scrguien.pdf, release from 2012-07-22, section 4.20, page 183f.

Markus Kohm
--
KOMA-Script, a versatile bundle of classes and packages for LaTeX2e
Current: KOMA-Script 3.11b (see <http://www.komascript.de/release> in