PDF file containing 3D object is not included correctly with includegraphics

FX

Apr 15, 2012, 10:45:52 AM4/15/12
I have a PDF file, contaning a 3D object in PRC format (I uploaded it
there). I try to include this into a LaTeX document to be compiled with
pdflatex, with the simple source below:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics{LC.pdf}
\end{document}

Running pdflatex (version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12, TeX Live 2011) over this
does not yield any error or warning, but the PDF file created does not
include the 3D content (in fact, it is empty). The log file for my
compilation appears happy, however:

<LC.pdf, id=1, 200.74097pt x 196.72597pt>
File: LC.pdf Graphic file (type pdf)
<use LC.pdf>
Package pdftex.def Info: LC.pdf used on input line 4.
(pdftex.def) Requested size: 200.74046pt x 196.72548pt.
[1 <./LC.pdf>] (./a.aux) )

I was advised (on http://tex.stackexchange.com/) that it might be due to
the 3D object being represented as a PDF annotation, which pdftex cannot
handle when including the PDF. Is that it? What am I doing wrong? How can
I include this PDF figure, keeping its 3D content, into a LaTeX document?

(And when I say "how can I include this PDF figure", I mean, other than
using Acrobat Pro, with which it works. But it'd be sad to generate my
PDF documents and figures using LaTeX, but have to include the figures
manually in the end!)

--
FX

PS: link to my question on tex.stackexchange.com:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/52018/3734

Martin Scharrer

Apr 15, 2012, 10:58:05 AM4/15/12
On Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:45:52 PM UTC+2, FX wrote:
> I have a PDF file, contaning a 3D object in PRC format (I uploaded it
> there).
The link got dropped when you pasted it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52398724/LC.pdf