New CTAN package: dejavu

CTAN Announcements

Aug 12, 2011, 7:54:38 AM8/12/11
to ctan...@dante.de
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 Pavel Farar submitted the

dejavu

package.

Summary description: LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu
License type: other-free

This package contains LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu. They are derived
from the Vera fonts and contain more characters and styles.

The fonts are included in the original TrueType format and converted
Type 1 format.

The (currently) supported encodings are: OT1, T1, IL2, TS1, T2* and X2.
The package (currently) supports neither Greek nor math. More encodings
and/or features will come later.

The fonts are licensed under the Vera and Arev licenses, DejaVu changes
are in the public domain. All the support files are released under the
LaTeX Project Public License, either version 1.3 of this license or
(at your option) any later version. The files released under the LaTeX
Project Public License are listed in manifest.txt.

The main reason why I created this package is that I am not satisfied
with the Arev and Bera packages for the Czech language, but some problems
are not just Czech-related. Moreover, you get more characters and styles.

Documentation: README, dejavu.pdf (package documentation),
dejavu-sample.pdf (font samples)

Related packages: arev, bera

This package is located at
http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/dejavu
. More information is at
http://www.ctan.org/pkg/dejavu
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Rainer Schöpf

Christian Ebert

Aug 13, 2011, 6:48:12 AM8/13/11
* CTAN Announcements on Friday, August 12, 2011:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 Pavel Farar submitted the
>
> dejavu
>
> package.
>
> Summary description: LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu
> License type: other-free

> This package contains LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu. They are derived
> from the Vera fonts and contain more characters and styles.
>
> The fonts are included in the original TrueType format and converted
> Type 1 format.

Looks like the map file accidentally went into the doc hierarchy:

tlmgr: package log updated at /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-var/web2c/tlmgr.log
running mktexlsr ...
done running mktexlsr.
running mtxrun --generate ...
done running mtxrun --generate.
running updmap-sys --nomkmap --nohash --enable Map=dejavu-type1.map ...
done running updmap-sys --nomkmap --nohash --enable Map=dejavu-type1.map.
running updmap-sys ...

updmap-sys failed (status 1), output:
Config file: "/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg"
dvips output dir: "/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap"
pdftex output dir: "/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap"

/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/universal-darwin/updmap is creating new map files
using the following configuration:
LW35 font names : URWkb
prefer outlines : true
texhash enabled : true
download standard fonts (dvips) : false
download standard fonts (pdftex) : true

Scanning for LW35 support files [ 3 files]
Scanning for MixedMap entries [ 44 files]
Scanning for Map entries
ERROR: The following map file(s) couldn't be found:
dejavu-type1.map

Did you run mktexlsr?

You can delete non-existent map entries using the option
--syncwithtrees.

[169 files]

tlmgr: exiting unsuccessfully (status 1).
$ find /usr/local/texlive/2011 -type f -name dejavu-type1.map
/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/dejavu/fonts/map/dvips/dejavu/dejavu-type1.map

_BAUSTELLEN_ lesen! --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen

Charles P. Schaum

Aug 13, 2011, 1:47:01 PM8/13/11
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:54:38 +0200, CTAN Announcements wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 Pavel Farar submitted the
>
> dejavu
>
> package.

Seems that the whole package landed under 2011/texmf-dist/doc.

Charles

--
Remove nospam to reply

Christian Ebert

Aug 15, 2011, 11:27:48 AM8/15/11
* Christian Ebert on Saturday, August 13, 2011:

> * CTAN Announcements on Friday, August 12, 2011:
>> On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 Pavel Farar submitted the
>>
>> dejavu
>>
>> package.
>>
>> Summary description: LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu
>> License type: other-free

>> This package contains LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu. They are derived
>> from the Vera fonts and contain more characters and styles.
>>
>> The fonts are included in the original TrueType format and converted
>> Type 1 format.
>
> Looks like the map file accidentally went into the doc hierarchy:

Seems to be fixed with a recent update. Thanks.

theatre - books - texts - movies
Black Trash Productions at home: http://www.blacktrash.org
Black Trash Productions on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/blacktrashproductions