Comp.Sys.Sinclair Crap Games Competition 2017

csscg...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 10:46:19 AM1/18/17
As the creator of the second-least crap game in last year's competition (and the only mug stupid enough to agree to host it this year) I am proud/ashamed to announce the opening of the Comp.Sys.Sinclair Crap Games Competition 2017.

Everything you need to know about the competition (including details of how to digitally deposit your festering creations) is available here: https://csscgc2017.000webhostapp.com

Entries are welcome for the ZX80, ZX81, ZX Spectrum, Jupiter Ace, Lambda 8300 and Science of Cambridge MK14.

Competitors, start your programming!

-GReW

simonsi...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2017, 6:35:48 PM1/22/17
Well Done, that's a very attractive site. Much less garish than my effort last year.

csscg...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 11:57:50 AM2/13/17
The first two challenges are here!

"Stand at E's" (Spectrum 16/48K)
Game must be written entirely in BASIC, without using any keywords, tokens or symbols that require Extended Mode to access.

"No F'ing way!" (ZX81)
Game must be written entirely in BASIC, without using any keywords or tokens that require Function Mode to access.

Exploitation of loopholes, system variables and ROM bugs is both permitted and actively encouraged.

Challenges are optional, but any game that meets a challenge criteria gains bonus crapness points.

For more details, check out the Challenges page of the CSSCGC2017 website https://csscgc2017.000webhostapp.com

losbo...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 6:19:22 AM2/14/17
ZX81 challenge accepted! This is going to be fun...

Lee

Duncan Snowden

Feb 14, 2017, 9:41:05 AM2/14/17
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:57:49 -0800 (PST)
csscg...@gmail.com wrote:

> The first two challenges are here!
>
> "Stand at E's" (Spectrum 16/48K)
> Game must be written entirely in BASIC, without using any keywords,
> tokens or symbols that require Extended Mode to access.
>
> "No F'ing way!" (ZX81)
> Game must be written entirely in BASIC, without using any keywords or
> tokens that require Function Mode to access.
>
> Exploitation of loopholes, system variables and ROM bugs is both
> permitted and actively encouraged.

That's going to be tough when you can't use PEEK or USR. I was actually
thinking of attempting this [Oh, stop lying. - Ed.] until I realised
that.

Looking forward to the entries, though. They should be interesting.

(Hang on... does self-modifying code that POKES the BASIC area with
token values count as "using" them? Hmm...)

--
Duncan Snowden.

csscg...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017, 11:52:45 AM2/15/17
On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 2:41:05 PM UTC, Duncan Snowden wrote:

> (Hang on... does self-modifying code that POKES the BASIC area with
> token values count as "using" them? Hmm...)
>
> --
> Duncan Snowden.

That could very well be one of the loopholes that are ripe for exploitation ;-)