ANN: Tipshop updated Monday, 25 December 2017

Gerard Sweeney

Dec 24, 2017, 8:42:18 PM12/24/17
Monday 25 December 2017
Happy Halloween.. Erm, no wait - I missed that. Happy Birthday, WoS...
No, missed that, too ... Ah - Merry Xmas! Some elves have had a rummage
in Santa's stockings - don't ask - and found some tips for you. Hope you
appreciate them - those poor elves are going to need therapy for the
next 6 months!

* An anonymous kind soul sent in a cheat for JetSet Mini.

* A different anonymous kind soul - Mr. Anonymous from WoS forums -
provided POKEs and a bug fix for Xavior ... erm, back in 2005 on
the WoS forums. Thanks to Robert Baker for blowing the dust off of these
before sending them on.

* Speaking of things that haven't been seen in ages, and are covered in
dust - it's only bally Lee Tonks (Oi - can I have a word?! Lee).
Erk... Well, he's sent in a POKE to render Tapper (mercifully)
silent. I'll just put Lee back in his box now, before he hurts someone
(Specifically you. Ed).

* John Metcalf provided a bug/cheat and a map for I Will Survive
and a map for Wergild.

* Andy Ford provided some information on one of the type-ins for
Technician Ted. Specifically - what it actually does, since Crash
never said (That would never happen in YS. Except when it did. Ed).
Erm, yes.. Moving on swiftly - Andy also provided some POKEs for
180, Jet Set Willy 16K and Saboteur II. He's also provided
what I'm reasonably sure is our first Timex POKE - it's for
the Timex version (erm, obviously. Ed) of Horace Goes Skiing.

* Pgyuri sent in a huge pile of tips/bugs/POKEs for
Backpackers guide to the universe. They were originally in a PDF
file, so a chunk of them didn't translate well to text as they refer to
images. Pgyuri kindly allowed me to host a copy of the PDF on Tipshop,
so I've linked to it. He also provided a bugfix and type-in for
Bugaboo the Flea.

* Added RZX Archive links for
Adventures of Jane Jelly - The Treasure of Hotmarmalade, The,
Baby Monkey Alba, Em busca do Mortadela, Grumpy Santa,
Incredible Shrinking Professor, The, Knight Hero,
PIJ (Podraz na Indiana Jonese), Plutonia, Pumpkin Poe,
Rompetechos, Santos' Xmas Adventure,
Secret Mission 007 James Bond, Space Escape,
Sword of Ianna, The, Terrapins, Transylvanian Tower,
Twinlight, Xelda 1: Quest for the Golden Apple and Zukinox.

* I (finally! Ed) removed the broken links at the bottom of the
index, credits and tip results pages. It's only taken me about a
year - which is quite good for me (Indeed. Ed). Do shout out if you
spot any others. I might get them fixed for the New Year
(Which one? Ed).

* We now have over 20,000 entries on Tipshop - my sincere thanks to every
single person who has contributed over the years!

DATABASE SIZE: 20009 ENTRIES FOR 5275 GAMES

--
Gerard Sweeney
Hackers Anonymous/Team Amiga

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality
is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
(Holly, Red Dwarf)