Blog post written on a Speccy

losbo...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2018, 5:20:07 AM10/19/18
I recently got hold of a memory card interface for my Speccy +2, which makes it very easy to save/load files and transfer them to and from a PC. This got me thinking about whether I could use the Speccy for word processing, and then easily transfer text onto a PC for editing, printing etc.

So, I played about with Tasword Two, typed some stuff in and saved it with a .txt file extension, then opened it up in Notepad. It turns out that Tasword files are very simple - the word wrap, justify and new lines are all dealt with by padding the files out with spaces. This makes files look very odd on a PC, but it makes them simple to handle on the Speccy, where a line of Tasword text is always 64 characters long. You can actually load a .txt file created on a PC back into Tasword with my interface as well, but again it formats oddly.

Anyway, I hit upon the idea of using Tasword to write HTML. Using a bunch of HTML tags and saving a Tasword file with a .htm file extension works a treat - the PC ignores randomly inserted spaces outside HTML tags and displays all the formatting and links properly! I hereby give you a blog post written on a Speccy!

http://journeyman.online/fun-with-old-stuff-or-pointless-mucking-about-with-ancient-junk/

I only used the PC for correcting a couple of errors and including the photos. All the text was written on my trusty +2. :)

Brian-Gaff

Oct 27, 2018, 11:42:24 AM10/27/18
Well, I might try it if it was not for my main problem these days, ie no
eyesight any more!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active