## MANIC MINER: THE BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA - out now!!

Andrew Broad

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

I have just released a new Manic Miner game, THE BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA, on
the Internet! It can be downloaded from:-

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/download/

A thousand thanks to Richard Hallas for rescuing it off tape for me!

I have also updated my list of MM/JSW games
(http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/list.html) accordingly,
including a mention of Ignacio Perez Gil's Manic Miner 5 and Adam
Britton's Special Edition of The Continuing Adventures, both of which
are expected to be released on WOS tomorrow (hopefully The Buddha Of
Suburbia, the 1998 reissue of Manic Miner 4 and my Manic Miner Screen
Editor too?). What an exciting week this is for MM/JSW fans!!

Andrew Broad
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/willy/
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/download/

Andrew Broad

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98
to Andrew Broad

I got some URLs wrong in my postings announcing MMSE and MM-TBOS. The
Manic Miner Room Format and List of MM/JSW Games can be found at:
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/willy/format.html
^^^^^
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/willy/list.html
^^^^^

C.Rothwell

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Andrew Broad wrote:

> I have just released a new Manic Miner game, THE BUDDHA OF SUBURBIA, on
> the Internet! It can be downloaded from:-

It wont run in X128 for me i just get a white screen? Help!

Andrew Broad

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

The screen does go white for a minute or so after it has loaded and you
have pressed a key, during which time it plays the title tune, "Buddha
Of Suburbia". If your emulator doesn't have sound, you just need to wait
a minute or so, or if you are really impatient, break into the program
and type RANDOMIZE USR 33792 :-)

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~broada/spectrum/download/