CSS CGC 2017?

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 5, 2018, 2:44:12 PM2/5/18
I know it is now done. So, will there be a 2018 competition?

Regards,

Shaun.

Guesser

Feb 5, 2018, 3:17:37 PM2/5/18
You're volunteering as host? :D

Someone on WoS/Facebook appears to think they're going to do a hostile
takeover and start running a 2018 compo, but at this point it's a
WoS/Facebook.c.g.c masquerading as the c.s.s.c.g.c

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 5, 2018, 3:33:49 PM2/5/18
If I can get server space, I don't mind hosting, being a bit more neutral than some peoples?

Ideally I could do with some PHP 7 space and a small MySQL database, and we're all set.

Regards,

Shaun.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 6, 2018, 3:19:30 PM2/6/18
I'm looking to get server space now. Bring on the carp.

Regards,

Shaun.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 7, 2018, 5:02:32 AM2/7/18
Yes it looks like there is a WoS Crap Gaming Competition (which is C.S.S in name only) - something that I didn't realise because WoS is no longer a neutral space; I did actually search for the 2018 competition but I found nothing. In a previous carnation of WoS, such key words would have been picked up by search engines, but I reckon that because of the amount of dead links and other bad practise, WoS SEO has been substantially hammered.

Send your crap* to me.

Regards,

Shaun.

* I mean Sinclair ZX software, not actual physical crap.

fuzzix

Feb 7, 2018, 5:48:46 AM2/7/18
Shouldn't hosting duties be offered to 2017's "winner"?

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 7, 2018, 6:01:04 AM2/7/18
That hasn't been announced yet as far as I know. And I made more entries to the 2017 competition than anyone else with hopes of actually winning.

When the winner is announced then I'll quite happily hand it over (if that winner isn't me).

Regards,

Shaun.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 7, 2018, 6:10:08 AM2/7/18
I've just checked the 2017 site, which is down. I also sent two emails to the 2017 host asking if and when the winner(s) will be announced. I heard nothing back, so, as they say - if you snooze, you lose.

In any case, with the fractious atmosphere (especially around the once great WoS) I thought I'd draw the competition back to here because here is a more neutral place, it's where it all began, and after trying to find out if there was going to be a 2018 competition [and not finding any evidence that there was] I thought that I'd start the ball rolling.

I've found out after the fact that there is a crap gaming competition, but this is a WoS competition, and as many people don't frequent there anymore, this has been missed.

Regards,

Shaun.

Duncan Snowden

Feb 8, 2018, 12:27:33 PM2/8/18
On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 02:02:30 -0800 (PST)
Shaun Bebbington <sh...@square-circle.co.uk> wrote:

> * I mean Sinclair ZX software, not actual physical crap.

Dammit. Thought I had a chance there.

--
Duncan Snowden.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 9, 2018, 4:11:45 AM2/9/18
You have every chance, but maybe not very good odds ;-)

Thanks,

Shaun