How to make a crap game

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 9, 2018, 11:29:39 PM2/9/18
I thought I'd start a discussion here; if anyone has any tips then please feel free to share them.

For me the art of making crap games takes hardly any effort; whilst I can see the care and love other people put into making even CGC entries (Kweepa, for instance, usually produces high quality no matter what), I guess I just am not a studious enough programmer and I hardly ever test anything. If it looks like it should work then it probably will. And that's good enough for me ;-)

Regards,

Shaun.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 10, 2018, 5:42:51 AM2/10/18
Here's an example of something that I wrote this morning (covers the 'twelve-liner' challenge for the ZX81):

10 PRINT "**NUMBER GUESSER BY DONKEYSOFT**ENTER A NON-NEGATIVE WHOLE NUMBER AND I WILL GENERATE ONE FOR YOU TO GUESS IN 10 TRIES"
20 INPUT A
30 IF A<1 THEN STOP
40 LET A=USR VAL "2602"+1+INT(RND*A)
50 FOR I=1 TO 10
60 PRINT AT 0,0;"YOUR GUESS PLEASE"
70 INPUT B
80 IF A=B THEN PRINT "YOU GOT IT IN ";I; " TRIES"
90 IF B<A THEN PRINT "HIGHER"
100 IF B>A THEN PRINT "LOWER "
110 IF B<>A THEN NEXT I

Enjoy :-)

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 10, 2018, 8:27:16 AM2/10/18
For those who don't want to type, I've released Number Guesser as a .P file which may be downloaded from:

http://www.sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2777

Regards,

Shaun.

Shaun Bebbington

Feb 12, 2018, 11:35:03 AM2/12/18
Probably because I've linked to the forum, the thread has been removed.

I'll add the .P and .O files to the CGC site this evening.