Meeeeeeeeeeeeet

Hob

Jul 16, 2001, 12:14:55 PM7/16/01
Well, what are we going to do about it then? We keep waffling on about a
meet, but it never gets organised. What happened to the list of stats
someone was keeping?

How about making it August Bank Holiday weekend? We can surely pick one
day that weekend to meet and talk about Speccys. Or in my case, just
drink a bit.[1]

--
Hob.

[1] a bit - far too much, in order to make a total prat of oneself.
Hob's Dictionary, 2001.

Replace a with er.
Visit the amazingly dull site! http://www.thehobbitsburrow.org.uk
Use the apostrophe correctly! http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
If this post doesn't make sense, please adjust your chuntey.

Lee Prince

Jul 16, 2001, 5:11:35 PM7/16/01
Well, I was in this pub on Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:14:55 GMT, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Hob ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>Well, what are we going to do about it then? We keep waffling on about a
>meet, but it never gets organised. What happened to the list of stats
>someone was keeping?

Stats for what? Do you mean the Dave Gorman/Average CSSer thread? In
which case, erm.....still haven't finished processing all the data yet
*cough* (although the likelihood is that the average CSSer definitely IS a
Scotsman called Andy)

>How about making it August Bank Holiday weekend? We can surely pick one
>day that weekend to meet and talk about Speccys. Or in my case, just
>drink a bit.[1]

Well, I'm up for that - just name your venue! If we can't all meet up
we could at least have one in the South (let's not make it London though -
beer's too expensive), one in the North and one in Scotland, and
communicate with each other on #speccy. (That's if anyone wants to take
their laptop into the pub)

[1] a bit - far too much, in order to make a total prat of oneself.
Hob's Dictionary, 2001.

To be honest, I would have to drink enough to stun a bull elephant before
meeting any of you lot. Which means the venue would have to be
(a) my house
(b) my local pub
(c) somewhere with a nice comfy bed
(d) Bedford (still got relatives there)[1]
In other words, I'm buggered if I'm going to drive anywhere, drink
Kaliber all night, and drive home again, while all around me people are throwing
up and singing the theme from Bubble Bobble. And as there's no
proper railway station near where I live, I suggest (c) - i.e. somewhere
where a weary traveller can rest his sleepy head for the night, and
demolish the minibar while he's at it.[2]

[1] Not recommended.
[2] Not literally "at it" - unless any girls are coming.[3]
[3] Which is a very rare occurrence when I'm around.

--
Lee Prince (remove the wibble to reply)
"Carol Vorderman, I'm all yours. Take me now!" - Professor J Frink

Lister

Jul 17, 2001, 3:22:32 AM7/17/01
A long time ago (Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:14:55 GMT, really), in a pub far,
far away, Hob <h...@blueyonda.co.uk> slammed a pint glass on the table
and said :

>Well, what are we going to do about it then? We keep waffling on about a
>meet, but it never gets organised. What happened to the list of stats
>someone was keeping?
>
>How about making it August Bank Holiday weekend? We can surely pick one
>day that weekend to meet and talk about Speccys. Or in my case, just
>drink a bit.[1]

POTATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (sorry, couldn't resist it)

lets hold the meet in Edinburgh. Timings a bit tricky though, as I'm
supposed to go down to a meet in blackpool roundabout August the
18th(methhinks I could go condom fishing on the beach there:P).

--
www.friendsreunited.co.uk
www.lostschoolfriends.com

everyone from the UK visit these sites, pass it on!

Mike Wynne

Jul 17, 2001, 4:50:04 AM7/17/01

"Hob" <h...@blueyonda.co.uk> wrote in message

> Well, what are we going to do about it then? We keep waffling on about a
> meet, but it never gets organised. What happened to the list of stats
> someone was keeping?

I'm in.. and to make it easy for everyone else, I'm willing to travel
anywhere north of London and South of the Border - Can't get much more
resonable than that, though some would disagree.

But I suppose it'll end up like everything else, no one agreeing on anything
and nothing ever getting done. [1]

Mike W

[1] I'm in a particularly mirerable pesamistic mood this morning.

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 18, 2001, 5:34:13 PM7/18/01

"Lister" <fa...@clara.net> wrote in message

> lets hold the meet in Edinburgh. Timings a bit tricky though, as I'm
> supposed to go down to a meet in blackpool roundabout August the
> 18th(methhinks I could go condom fishing on the beach there:P).

Since we've already established that the only people who would turn up in
Edinburgh are you and I, something tells me this might not be that
successful.

I suggest meeting in Edinburgh on August 18th.

Len
--
Remove SPAMOFF to reply
"Oh, the nobility of the almost human porpoise!"

Lister

Jul 18, 2001, 7:30:54 PM7/18/01
A long time ago (Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:34:13 +0100, really), in a pub
far, far away, "Llama-Wax Len"
<al...@SPAMOFFauldgreytoon.freeserve.co.uk> slammed a pint glass on the
table and said :

>"Lister" <fa...@clara.net> wrote in message
>> lets hold the meet in Edinburgh. Timings a bit tricky though, as I'm
>> supposed to go down to a meet in blackpool roundabout August the
>> 18th(methhinks I could go condom fishing on the beach there:P).
>
>Since we've already established that the only people who would turn up in
>Edinburgh are you and I, something tells me this might not be that
>successful.
>
>I suggest meeting in Edinburgh on August 18th.
>
>Len

oh ha ha, since there's only you there, there's little point

Philip Kendall

Jul 19, 2001, 4:56:23 AM7/19/01
In article <be4cltksi52ek0okf...@4ax.com>,
Dave Foreman <da...@netcomuk.co.uk> wrote:

>What about Cambridge? We could all get tooled up, go to the Baron of
>Beef or wherever it was and give Chris Curry a bloody good kicking.

Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it... (but
there are much nicer pubs than the Baron of Beef... </troll>)

Phil

--
Philip Kendall <pa...@srcf.ucam.org>
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~pak21/

Lee Prince

Jul 19, 2001, 5:53:23 AM7/19/01
Well, I was in this pub on 19 Jul 2001 09:56:23 +0100, minding my own business,
drinking my beer, when suddenly, Philip Kendall ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>>What about Cambridge? We could all get tooled up, go to the Baron of

>>Beef or wherever it was and give Chris Curry a bloody good kicking.
>
>Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it... (but
>there are much nicer pubs than the Baron of Beef... </troll>)

Isn't the largest pub in England in Cambridge? (The Wetherspoon's in
St. Andrews Street IIRC) We could go there first to get the cheap drinks
in, go for a punt[1], and *then* go and give Chris Curry a bloody good
kicking.

[1]That's Punt. As in "A punt on the Cam".

--
Lee Prince (remove the wibble to reply)

"Is this the real life? Is this just Battersea?" - Freddie Mercury

Adam D. Moss

Jul 19, 2001, 11:39:11 AM7/19/01
Philip Kendall wrote:

> In article <be4cltksi52ek0okf...@4ax.com>,
> Dave Foreman <da...@netcomuk.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >What about Cambridge? We could all get tooled up, go to the Baron of
> >Beef or wherever it was and give Chris Curry a bloody good kicking.
>
> Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it...

Same here. And it's the 'home of the spectrum'.

> (but there are much nicer pubs than the Baron of Beef... </troll>)

Heck yes.

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 19, 2001, 5:26:27 PM7/19/01

"Philip Kendall" <pa...@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it... (but
> there are much nicer pubs than the Baron of Beef... </troll>)

And then we could all quiz you to see how much of the FAQ you know off by
heart, in a "You Bet" stylee.

Um... I should add at this point that I can't actually remember where
Cambridge is.

Lister

Jul 19, 2001, 5:46:10 PM7/19/01
A long time ago (Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:26:27 +0100, really), in a pub
table and said :

>Um... I should add at this point that I can't actually remember where
>Cambridge is.

England

IGMC

Lee Prince

Jul 20, 2001, 5:50:52 AM7/20/01
Well, I was in this pub on Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:26:27 +0100, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Llama-Wax Len ran in and started
ranting and raving...

>> Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it... (but

>> there are much nicer pubs than the Baron of Beef... </troll>)
>
>And then we could all quiz you to see how much of the FAQ you know off by
>heart, in a "You Bet" stylee.
>
>Um... I should add at this point that I can't actually remember where
>Cambridge is.

If you're in or near Edinburgh, just go straight down the A1 until you get
to Huntingdon, then turn left. You can't miss it, it's got a big sign
outside saying "CAMBRIDGE".
</sarcasm>

Adam Short

Jul 20, 2001, 6:26:39 AM7/20/01
God frowned and said to his creation, "Say something funny now, or it's
the high jump for you, me lad!", and Lee Prince answered:

Cambridge is dead easy to find. I found it by accident once. I was heading
for somewhere completely different and all of a sudden, there it was!
Apparently I'd been on the wrong road for about an hour. D'oh!

--
"CanYouPleaseHelpMeToFixTheSpaceBarOnMyKeyboard?" - Tech support email.

Matthew Westcott

Jul 22, 2001, 7:20:37 PM7/22/01
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:39:11 +0000, "Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net>
wrote:

>Philip Kendall wrote:
>>
>> In article <be4cltksi52ek0okf...@4ax.com>,
>> Dave Foreman <da...@netcomuk.co.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> >What about Cambridge? We could all get tooled up, go to the Baron of
>> >Beef or wherever it was and give Chris Curry a bloody good kicking.
>>
>> Well, if it does happen in Cambridge, I can obviously make it...
>
>Same here. And it's the 'home of the spectrum'.

Just to be awkward, I'll be able to make it to a meet in Cambridge if
it's on Thursday 2nd August or Monday 6th, because I'll be stopping
off there on the way to a field in Suffolk where I'll be spending a
weekend with a bunch of people from AFP.
Is that any good? Thought not.

--
Matthew Westcott - CSSfiance to Nattie
http://www.demo.op.nu/ - the home of the Spectrum demo scene

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 23, 2001, 2:12:15 PM7/23/01

"Matthew Westcott" <gas...@raww.org.RemoveThisBit.invalid> wrote in message

> Just to be awkward, I'll be able to make it to a meet in Cambridge if
> it's on Thursday 2nd August

Ooh! That's my birthday!

> or Monday 6th,

That isn't.

Adam D. Moss

Jul 24, 2001, 10:44:12 AM7/24/01

If it's a Cambridge venue, I can probably sleep
about two medium-sized spec-chums on my living-room
floor, or more at a getting-a-bit-too-cozy stretch
(I'd have to stipulate a relatively high personal
hygiene level in the latter eventuality).

Derek Jolly

Jul 24, 2001, 10:03:20 AM7/24/01
"Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net>, in message
<3B5D89BC...@uk.uu.net>, wrote

I could make a Cambridge meet.

It's only a couple of hours away on the train for me
(Maidenhead->Paddington->King's Cross->Cambridge).
--
Derek Jolly (derek...@sage.com) Web: http://rivet.50megs.com/
comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html

Hob

Jul 24, 2001, 10:38:02 AM7/24/01
Back in the mists of time, Derek Jolly gave forth, and spouted some
drivel like:

> > If it's a Cambridge venue, I can probably sleep
> > about two medium-sized spec-chums on my living-room
> > floor, or more at a getting-a-bit-too-cozy stretch
> > (I'd have to stipulate a relatively high personal
> > hygiene level in the latter eventuality).
>
> I could make a Cambridge meet.
>
> It's only a couple of hours away on the train for me
> (Maidenhead->Paddington->King's Cross->Cambridge).

Me too. (Chelmsford->Liverpool St->King's Cross->Cambridge)

Or I could stay at me mums. I think. If she'll let me.

--
Hob.

Lee Prince

Jul 24, 2001, 11:52:43 AM7/24/01
Well, I was in this pub on 24 Jul 2001 14:03:20 GMT, minding my own business,
drinking my beer, when suddenly, Derek Jolly ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>> If it's a Cambridge venue, I can probably sleep

>> about two medium-sized spec-chums on my living-room
>> floor, or more at a getting-a-bit-too-cozy stretch
>> (I'd have to stipulate a relatively high personal
>> hygiene level in the latter eventuality).
>
>I could make a Cambridge meet.
>
>It's only a couple of hours away on the train for me
>(Maidenhead->Paddington->King's Cross->Cambridge).

I could probably make Cambridge (depending on the date) as it's only
two and a half hours up the M20/M25/M11, and I've always found it a
very agreeable place to spend a drunken afternoon.

If anyone from Kent wants a lift up there, I'm more than happy to
oblige (we can split the petrol costs then, he says rubbing his hands
in anticipation)

Chris Young

Jul 24, 2001, 4:12:12 PM7/24/01
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:52:43 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
wibbled on for an age:

> Well, I was in this pub on 24 Jul 2001 14:03:20 GMT, minding my own business,
> drinking my beer, when suddenly, Derek Jolly ran in and started ranting and
> raving...
>
> >> If it's a Cambridge venue, I can probably sleep
> >> about two medium-sized spec-chums on my living-room
> >> floor, or more at a getting-a-bit-too-cozy stretch
> >> (I'd have to stipulate a relatively high personal
> >> hygiene level in the latter eventuality).
> >
> >I could make a Cambridge meet.
> >
> >It's only a couple of hours away on the train for me
> >(Maidenhead->Paddington->King's Cross->Cambridge).
>
> I could probably make Cambridge (depending on the date) as it's only
> two and a half hours up the M20/M25/M11, and I've always found it a
> very agreeable place to spend a drunken afternoon.

I could probably make Cambridge... out of matchsticks.

Erm, no, I mean I could drive up there because it's not too far away.

Chris
| http://www.unsatisfactory.freeserve.co.uk |
| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
+-- http://www.ysac.cjb.net/ --ICQ:28784166-+

Chris Young

Jul 24, 2001, 4:13:28 PM7/24/01
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:50:52 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Well, I was in this pub on Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:26:27 +0100, minding my own

And if you're in or near London, just go straight up the A1 until...
(*yawn* - Ed)

Lister

Jul 24, 2001, 6:19:40 PM7/24/01
A long time ago (24 Jul 2001 21:13:28 +0100, really), in a pub far,
far away, "Chris Young" <unsatis...@bigfoot.com> slammed a pint

glass on the table and said :

>And if you're in or near London, just go straight up the A1 until...
>(*yawn* - Ed)
>
>Chris

M1 shirley?

Lee Prince

Jul 25, 2001, 1:48:19 AM7/25/01
Well, I was in this pub on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:19:40 +0100, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Lister ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>>And if you're in or near London, just go straight up the A1 until...

>>(*yawn* - Ed)
>>
>>Chris
>
>M1 shirley?

Actually, the A1 is a better option than the M1, but personally, if
I lived in London, I'd take the M11.

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 25, 2001, 1:48:25 PM7/25/01

"Derek Jolly" <derek...@sage.com> wrote in message

> "Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net>, in message
> <3B5D89BC...@uk.uu.net>, wrote
>
> I could make a Cambridge meet.
>
> It's only a couple of hours away on the train for me
> (Maidenhead->Paddington->King's Cross->Cambridge).

I, in all likelihood, wouldn't. Perhaps it could be held while another is
held simultaneously north of the border, attended by myself, Lister, er...
um... and... ah...

Nah, never mind.

spi...@freenet.co.uk

Jul 25, 2001, 2:14:14 PM7/25/01
Lee Prince <l.pr...@btinterwibblenet.com> did eloquently scribble:

> I could probably make Cambridge (depending on the date) as it's only
> two and a half hours up the M20/M25/M11, and I've always found it a
> very agreeable place to spend a drunken afternoon.

> If anyone from Kent wants a lift up there, I'm more than happy to
> oblige (we can split the petrol costs then, he says rubbing his hands
> in anticipation)

I'll probably need a lift now that I'm bikeless [1]again... (hint hint)
:)
[1] Not that I am bikeless.... [2]
[2] It's just that the two bikes I have are shagged in different ways [3]
[3] Thanks to one having everything in its engine start to fail at once [4]
[4] and a stupid german bint pulling out in front of the other one.
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

Chris Young

Jul 25, 2001, 3:18:21 PM7/25/01
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:48:19 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Well, I was in this pub on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:19:40 +0100, minding my own

> business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Lister ran in and started ranting and
> raving...
>
> >>And if you're in or near London, just go straight up the A1 until...
> >>(*yawn* - Ed)
> >>
> >>Chris
> >
> >M1 shirley?
>
> Actually, the A1 is a better option than the M1

Yeah, you don't want to go up the M1.

J Langmead

Jul 25, 2001, 6:43:01 PM7/25/01
> [2] It's just that the two bikes I have are shagged in different ways

Just how many ways are there to shag a bike?

> [4] and a stupid german bint pulling out in front of the other one.

Now that's just pervie!

Mike Wynne

Jul 26, 2001, 4:14:09 AM7/26/01

"Llama-Wax Len" <al...@SPAMOFFauldgreytoon.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> I, in all likelihood, wouldn't. Perhaps it could be held while another is
> held simultaneously north of the border, attended by myself, Lister, er...
> um... and... ah...

I'm with you Len.. It'd be much easier for me to make it to somewhere 'up
north. Perhaps we could have two meets with a satellite link between them.

Mike W

Lee Prince

Jul 26, 2001, 4:32:23 AM7/26/01
Well, I was in this pub on Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:14:09 +0100, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Mike Wynne ran in and started ranting
and raving...

>> I, in all likelihood, wouldn't. Perhaps it could be held while another is

>> held simultaneously north of the border, attended by myself, Lister, er...
>> um... and... ah...
>
>I'm with you Len.. It'd be much easier for me to make it to somewhere 'up
>north. Perhaps we could have two meets with a satellite link between them.

I did suggest having two or three meets before - one in the South (looks
like being Cambridge at the moment), one in the North and one in Scotland
perhaps? At the very least, all three meets could meet up on #speccy at
the same time and talk bollocks. (Same as any night in #speccy, really...)

Lister

Jul 26, 2001, 7:38:53 AM7/26/01
A long time ago (25 Jul 2001 20:18:21 +0100, really), in a pub far,

glass on the table and said :

>On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:48:19 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

>wibbled on for an age:
>
>> Well, I was in this pub on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:19:40 +0100, minding my own
>> business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Lister ran in and started ranting and
>> raving...

>> >M1 shirley?
>>
>> Actually, the A1 is a better option than the M1
>
>Yeah, you don't want to go up the M1.

why not? (can you tell I don't drive?)

Lee Prince

Jul 26, 2001, 7:46:19 AM7/26/01
Well, I was in this pub on Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:14:14 +0000, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, spi...@freenet.co.uk ran in and
started ranting and raving...

>> If anyone from Kent wants a lift up there, I'm more than happy to

>> oblige (we can split the petrol costs then, he says rubbing his hands
>> in anticipation)
>
>I'll probably need a lift now that I'm bikeless [1]again... (hint hint)
>:)

No probs, unless the date for this meet is the 4th/5th of August or
the 11th/12th, as I'm going to a wedding on both weekends. (Unless we
meet in Norwich on the 4th instead of Cambridge, I'm sure the bride
and groom won't mind a load of drunken Speccy fanatics gatecrashing
their big day)

Oh, the following three weekends are probably out as well, as I'm
pretty sure my mum's coming down to Kent one weekend, then we're going up
to see my dad the following weekend, and we're going to try and do a
booze run to France as well, so...

Ah, sod it. Let's just hold the meet in Kent. At least four of us would
turn up, anyway.

>[1] [2]
>[2] I have shagged [3]
>[3] [4]
>[4] a stupid german bint in front

Hang on, quoting's all fscked up. Oh well, I'm sure no-one will notice.

Lee Prince

Jul 26, 2001, 7:50:58 AM7/26/01
Well, I was in this pub far, far away, when suddenly, Lister wibbled on
for an age:

(Nice mix of opening quotes, n'est-ce pas?)

>>> Actually, the A1 is a better option than the M1
>>
>>Yeah, you don't want to go up the M1.
>>

>why not? (can you tell I don't drive?)

Because the M1 goes nowhere near Cambridge. Or Edinburgh for that matter.

Lister

Jul 26, 2001, 8:17:05 AM7/26/01
A long time ago (Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:50:58 GMT, really), in a pub far,
far away, Lee Prince<l.pr...@btinterwibblenet.com> slammed a pint

glass on the table and said :

>Well, I was in this pub far, far away, when suddenly, Lister wibbled on

yes, ok, fair point

Adam Short

Jul 26, 2001, 8:53:10 AM7/26/01
Lee Princes bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

I could make one in the North, prolly. Actually I could probably even get
to Cambridge. M62->A1 Bob's your uncle. Might take me a while to get there
though. And I'd be grumpy. And you wouldn't like me when I'm grumpy </hulk>

Erm..any takers for one in the North then? I know me and Mal are in roughly
the same neck of the woods. There's another specchum somewhere up here
(Andy K? I can't remember, it was somebody anyway). Any more?

Mike Wynne

Jul 26, 2001, 9:32:24 AM7/26/01

"Adam Short" <ash...@idealnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> M62->A1 Bob's your uncle.
> Erm..any takers for one in the North then? I know me and Mal are in
roughly
> the same neck of the woods. There's another specchum somewhere up here
> (Andy K? I can't remember, it was somebody anyway). Any more?

(shhhhhh) I live at the end of one particular ship canal somewhere near the
M62, so I could probably make a northern meet quite easily.

Mike W

ChrisM

Jul 26, 2001, 4:16:43 PM7/26/01
"Lee Prince" <l.pr...@btinterwibblenet.com> wrote in message

> Well, I was in this pub on Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:14:14 +0000, minding my own
> business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, spi...@freenet.co.uk ran in and
> started ranting and raving...
>
> >> If anyone from Kent wants a lift up there, I'm more than happy to
> >> oblige (we can split the petrol costs then, he says rubbing his hands
> >> in anticipation)

I'd be up for this except my mum has warned me not to take lifts from
strangers. And to always change my underwear in case I get hit by a bus.

> >I'll probably need a lift now that I'm bikeless [1]again... (hint hint)
> >:)
>
> No probs, unless the date for this meet is the 4th/5th of August or
> the 11th/12th, as I'm going to a wedding on both weekends. (Unless we
> meet in Norwich on the 4th instead of Cambridge, I'm sure the bride
> and groom won't mind a load of drunken Speccy fanatics gatecrashing
> their big day)
>
> Oh, the following three weekends are probably out as well, as I'm
> pretty sure my mum's coming down to Kent one weekend, then we're going up
> to see my dad the following weekend, and we're going to try and do a
> booze run to France as well, so...
>
> Ah, sod it. Let's just hold the meet in Kent. At least four of us would
> turn up, anyway.

I'm up for it in Kent (f'nar), tomorrow night anyone?!?

--
Chris M

Lee Prince

Jul 27, 2001, 2:13:20 AM7/27/01
Well, I was in this pub on Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:16:43 GMT, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, ChrisM ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>I'd be up for this except my mum has warned me not to take lifts from
>strangers.

And they don't get much stranger than me, admittedly.

>And to always change my underwear in case I get hit by a bus.

The way I drive, you'd need to change your underwear at ten-minute
intervals.

>> Ah, sod it. Let's just hold the meet in Kent. At least four of us would
>> turn up, anyway.

>I'm up for it in Kent (f'nar), tomorrow night anyone?!?

Bah. Busy. Unless you can get to Tenterden.

Andy

Jul 27, 2001, 5:13:43 AM7/27/01
Llama-Wax Len wrote:

> I, in all likelihood, wouldn't. Perhaps it could be held while another is
> held simultaneously north of the border, attended by myself, Lister, er...
> um... and... ah...

Oh, Oh me, me, me!!

How could you forget your fellow Dunfy man?
And we have a few Edinburghers I believe Tich Tracey for example (or is that
only in term time?)

Andy

Lister

Jul 27, 2001, 5:32:21 AM7/27/01
A long time ago (Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:13:43 +0100, really), in a pub
far, far away, Andy <andrew....@baesystems.com> slammed a pint

glass on the table and said :

>Llama-Wax Len wrote:

I'm an edinburger (sounds like a cheese burger, really - mmmmmmmm,
bacon double cheeseburger, haven't had one of those in AGES!)

--
www.fwiendthweunited.co.uk
www.wothtschoolfwiendth.com

evewyone fwom the UK vithit thethe thiteth, pathth it on!

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 27, 2001, 4:28:26 PM7/27/01

"Adam Short" <ash...@idealnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I could make one in the North, prolly. Actually I could probably even get
> to Cambridge. M62->A1 Bob's your uncle. Might take me a while to get there
> though. And I'd be grumpy. And you wouldn't like me when I'm grumpy
</hulk>

> Erm..any takers for one in the North then? I know me and Mal are in
roughly
> the same neck of the woods. There's another specchum somewhere up here
> (Andy K? I can't remember, it was somebody anyway). Any more?

At this point I feel I should point out that by "North" I meant Scotland.
It'll happen one day.

Glasgow then?
*shudder*

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 27, 2001, 4:26:55 PM7/27/01

"J Langmead" <j...@innuendocollector.net> wrote in message

> > [2] It's just that the two bikes I have are shagged in different ways
>
> Just how many ways are there to shag a bike?

Is that a challenge?

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 27, 2001, 4:29:26 PM7/27/01

"Andy" <andrew....@baesystems.com> wrote in message

> And we have a few Edinburghers I believe Tich Tracey for example (or is
that
> only in term time?)

Didn't he get really annoyed with us all after the CSS/CSC crosspost thing?

Chris Young

Jul 28, 2001, 11:05:57 AM7/28/01
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:26:55 +0100, Llama-Wax Len (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> "J Langmead" <j...@innuendocollector.net> wrote in message
> > > [2] It's just that the two bikes I have are shagged in different ways
> >
> > Just how many ways are there to shag a bike?
>
> Is that a challenge?

Len, I should point out that that says "bike", not "bloke".

Lister

Jul 28, 2001, 12:16:07 PM7/28/01
A long time ago (28 Jul 2001 16:05:57 +0100, really), in a pub far,

glass on the table and said :

>On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:26:55 +0100, Llama-Wax Len (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

>wibbled on for an age:
>

>> "J Langmead" <j...@innuendocollector.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Just how many ways are there to shag a bike?
>>
>> Is that a challenge?
>
>Len, I should point out that that says "bike", not "bloke".
>
>Chris

I think our Len is a Llamasexual

Matthew Westcott

Jul 28, 2001, 3:08:13 PM7/28/01
Okay, since there are a fair few people who can make it to Cambridge,
let's make it Thursday 2nd August, because that's when I'll be in
Cambridge en route to the previously mentioned AFPmeet, as will
Nattie. Any other time and I probably won't be able to make it, and it
won't be long afterwards that Nattie sets off back to, um, wherever
she is these days.
Yes, it's short notice. Yes, it isn't a weekend. If that means it ends
up just being a small local meet (for local people), then so be it...
OK, somebody name a pub!

By the way, Nattie says hi. She's away from reading usenet at the
moment, but she'll be back to CSS when she has time. She assures me
that she's here in spirit (whatever that means...)

--
Matthew Westcott - CSSfiance to Nattie
http://www.demo.op.nu/ - the home of the Spectrum demo scene

Chris Young

Jul 28, 2001, 4:57:34 PM7/28/01
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:08:13 GMT, Matthew Westcott (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Okay, since there are a fair few people who can make it to Cambridge,

> let's make it Thursday 2nd August, because that's when I'll be in
> Cambridge en route to the previously mentioned AFPmeet, as will
> Nattie. Any other time and I probably won't be able to make it, and it
> won't be long afterwards that Nattie sets off back to, um, wherever
> she is these days.
> Yes, it's short notice. Yes, it isn't a weekend. If that means it ends
> up just being a small local meet (for local people), then so be it...
> OK, somebody name a pub!
>
> By the way, Nattie says hi. She's away from reading usenet at the
> moment, but she'll be back to CSS when she has time. She assures me
> that she's here in spirit (whatever that means...)

Oh well, unless it's going to be after, um, probably 8pm and only
lasting until, er, 9pm I won't be able to make it.

Chris Young

Jul 29, 2001, 7:37:17 AM7/29/01
On 28 Jul 2001 21:57:34 +0100, Chris Young (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:08:13 GMT, Matthew Westcott (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
> wibbled on for an age:
>
> > Okay, since there are a fair few people who can make it to Cambridge,
> > let's make it Thursday 2nd August

> Oh well, unless it's going to be after, um, probably 8pm and only

> lasting until, er, 9pm I won't be able to make it.

Oh, hold on, Thursday? That brings it closer to only being able to
get there between 8:55pm and 9pm

Hardly seems worth it, really.

Philip Kendall

Jul 29, 2001, 6:04:57 PM7/29/01
In article <3b63059...@news.ukonline.co.uk>,

Matthew Westcott <gas...@raww.org.RemoveThisBit.invalid> wrote:
>Okay, since there are a fair few people who can make it to Cambridge,
>let's make it Thursday 2nd August, because that's when I'll be in
>Cambridge en route to the previously mentioned AFPmeet, as will
>Nattie. Any other time and I probably won't be able to make it, and it
>won't be long afterwards that Nattie sets off back to, um, wherever
>she is these days.
>Yes, it's short notice. Yes, it isn't a weekend. If that means it ends
>up just being a small local meet (for local people), then so be it...
>OK, somebody name a pub!

The tradition for all newsgroup meets in Cambridge is the Castle Inn on
Castle Hill... however, Thursday night is the Cambridge University
Science Fiction Society meet, which happens in the Castle, so I'm going
to assert the County Arms, just across the road (Castle Street).

Any objections, Cambridge types?

Phil

--
Philip Kendall <pa...@srcf.ucam.org>
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~pak21/

Adam D. Moss

Jul 30, 2001, 7:23:29 AM7/30/01
Philip Kendall wrote:
> The tradition for all newsgroup meets in Cambridge is the Castle Inn on
> Castle Hill... however, Thursday night is the Cambridge University
> Science Fiction Society meet, which happens in the Castle, so I'm going
> to assert the County Arms, just across the road (Castle Street).
>
> Any objections, Cambridge types?

Wellll, it's not very central. How about more like
one of the Portland Arms / ex-Fresher'n'Ferkin / Boathouse / Old Spring
cluster (again not too central) or a town-centre staple (that hogshead
one, or the Regal, bleh, or the Eagle), or the Anchor?

Oh, and did I hear someone mention a Thursday? Obviously
that's okay for me but it seems unlikely to be convenient
for anyone non-local except for Matthew and 'Nattie'.

Non-locallers: Thursday or Friday or Saturday or all/none of the
above?

--Adam

Derek Jolly

Jul 30, 2001, 7:53:34 AM7/30/01
"Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net>, in message
<3B6543B1...@uk.uu.net>, wrote

> Non-locallers: Thursday or Friday or Saturday or all/none of the
> above?

Thursday's out for me unfortunately. A Saturday would be ideal.
--
Derek Jolly (derek...@sage.com) Web: http://rivet.50megs.com/
comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Transversion PC: http://rivet.50megs.com/games.html
"If it's not for you, just don't bloody watch it." - Chris Morris

Philip Kendall

Jul 30, 2001, 11:26:43 AM7/30/01
In article <3B6543B1...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:
>Philip Kendall wrote:
>> The tradition for all newsgroup meets in Cambridge is the Castle Inn on
>> Castle Hill... however, Thursday night is the Cambridge University
>> Science Fiction Society meet, which happens in the Castle, so I'm going
>> to assert the County Arms, just across the road (Castle Street).
>>
>> Any objections, Cambridge types?
>
>Wellll, it's not very central. How about more like
>one of the Portland Arms / ex-Fresher'n'Ferkin / Boathouse / Old Spring

OK then, Old Spring, Thursday evening?

Adam D. Moss

Jul 30, 2001, 1:03:16 PM7/30/01
Philip Kendall wrote:

> In article <3B6543B1...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:
> >Philip Kendall wrote:
> >> The tradition for all newsgroup meets in Cambridge is the Castle Inn on
> >> Castle Hill... however, Thursday night is the Cambridge University
> >> Science Fiction Society meet, which happens in the Castle, so I'm going
> >> to assert the County Arms, just across the road (Castle Street).
> >>
> >> Any objections, Cambridge types?
> >
> >Wellll, it's not very central. How about more like
> >one of the Portland Arms / ex-Fresher'n'Ferkin / Boathouse / Old Spring
>
> OK then, Old Spring, Thursday evening?

Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,
but of course I can make it!

Steven Harrison

Jul 30, 2001, 12:11:04 AM7/30/01
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Lister wrote:

> A long time ago (28 Jul 2001 16:05:57 +0100, really), in a pub far,
> far away, "Chris Young" <unsatis...@bigfoot.com> slammed a pint
> glass on the table and said :
>
> >On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:26:55 +0100, Llama-Wax Len (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
> >wibbled on for an age:
> >

> >> "J Langmead" <j...@innuendocollector.net> wrote in message

> >> Is that a challenge?
> >
> >Len, I should point out that that says "bike", not "bloke".
> >
> >Chris
>

> I think our Len is a Llamasexual

Nah, he's just moving onto inanimate objects... and I see the sigmonster
has generated something very appropriate...

--
Steven Harrison

J Invalid I/O device, 0:1

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 30, 2001, 5:37:16 PM7/30/01

"Steven Harrison" <ste...@qwest.net> wrote in message

> Nah, he's just moving onto inanimate objects... and I see the sigmonster
> has generated something very appropriate...
>
> --
> Steven Harrison
>
> J Invalid I/O device, 0:1

Z Didn't you steal this from Duncan? 27:2

Remove SPAMOFF to reply
"Oh, the nobility of the almost human porpoise!"
DISCLAIMER: By replying to this message, you hereby acknowledge

that the ZX Spectrum game "Robocop" was too difficult.en

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 30, 2001, 5:36:27 PM7/30/01

> The tradition for all newsgroup meets in Cambridge is the Castle Inn on
> Castle Hill... however, Thursday night is the Cambridge University
> Science Fiction Society meet, which happens in the Castle, so I'm going
> to assert the County Arms, just across the road (Castle Street).

I might appear then, just so I can disappear off the road and see if anyone
wants to talk about Planet of the Apes or Logan's Run or something.

Len

Llama-Wax Len

Jul 30, 2001, 5:38:34 PM7/30/01

"Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote in message

> Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,
> but of course I can make it!

I fully expect photos to appear on ABCS of the event, just so we can all
pretend we were there or something.

Unless Lister were to make an unexpected appearance, in which case for the
love of God put the camera away.

Steven Harrison

Jul 31, 2001, 12:31:59 AM7/31/01
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Llama-Wax Len wrote:

> "Steven Harrison" <ste...@qwest.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Nah, he's just moving onto inanimate objects... and I see the sigmonster
> > has generated something very appropriate...
> >
> > --
> > Steven Harrison
> >
> > J Invalid I/O device, 0:1
>
> Z Didn't you steal this from Duncan? 27:2

Nope... made it myself from the fortune program, and a cron job.

I attach a Speccy error message onto the end of every work email sent
too... keeps my clients guessing :)

--
Steven Harrison

3 Subscript wrong, 0:1

Lee Prince

Jul 31, 2001, 8:10:18 AM7/31/01
Adam D Moss wrote...

> the Regal, bleh

Is that the Wetherspoons? It may be bleh, but at least the beer's
cheap.

> Oh, and did I hear someone mention a Thursday? Obviously
> that's okay for me but it seems unlikely to be convenient
> for anyone non-local except for Matthew and 'Nattie'.
>
> Non-locallers: Thursday or Friday or Saturday or all/none of the
> above?

I can possibly make Friday, as I'm going to a wedding in Norwich on
the Saturday. But I'm not going to recognise any of you, am I? And my
"Speccy loading stripes" jumper, as seen on Spec-chums, is in the
wash, so none of you will recognise me either. So I'll probably not
bother.

Adam D. Moss

Jul 31, 2001, 9:56:57 AM7/31/01
Lee Prince wrote:

> Adam D Moss wrote...
>
> > the Regal, bleh
>
> Is that the Wetherspoons? It may be bleh, but at least the beer's
> cheap.

That's its big draw. Mmm, 1.49 spitfire.

> > Oh, and did I hear someone mention a Thursday? Obviously
> > that's okay for me but it seems unlikely to be convenient
> > for anyone non-local except for Matthew and 'Nattie'.
> >
> > Non-locallers: Thursday or Friday or Saturday or all/none of the
> > above?
>
> I can possibly make Friday, as I'm going to a wedding in Norwich on
> the Saturday. But I'm not going to recognise any of you, am I?

I don't know. Look for a conspicuously sad group.

> And my
> "Speccy loading stripes" jumper, as seen on Spec-chums, is in the
> wash, so none of you will recognise me either. So I'll probably not
> bother.

Really?

Lee Prince

Jul 31, 2001, 11:01:55 AM7/31/01
Well, I was in this pub on Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:56:57 +0000, minding my own
business, drinking my beer, when suddenly, Adam D. Moss ran in and started
ranting and raving...

>> > the Regal, bleh

>> Is that the Wetherspoons? It may be bleh, but at least the beer's
>> cheap.
>
>That's its big draw. Mmm, 1.49 spitfire.

You can't get Spitfire for under two quid in Kent (unless you go to a
'Spoons), and it's bloody well brewed here!

>> > Oh, and did I hear someone mention a Thursday? Obviously
>> > that's okay for me but it seems unlikely to be convenient
>> > for anyone non-local except for Matthew and 'Nattie'.
>> >
>> > Non-locallers: Thursday or Friday or Saturday or all/none of the
>> > above?
>>
>> I can possibly make Friday, as I'm going to a wedding in Norwich on
>> the Saturday. But I'm not going to recognise any of you, am I?
>
>I don't know. Look for a conspicuously sad group.

Can't you all get T-shirts printed up? Something like "Lesbia Percival
is my sister" would do. Unless you're Scrib, in which case it'd be
"Lesbia Percival ISN'T my sister".

>> And my
>> "Speccy loading stripes" jumper, as seen on Spec-chums, is in the
>> wash, so none of you will recognise me either. So I'll probably not
>> bother.
>
>Really?

OK then, the jumper doesn't exist.

And if I did turn up, I'd probably have my girlfriend (who knows nothing
about the Speccy, despite my efforts to educate her) with me. And she'd be
incredibly pissed off. Especially if I got drunk and started doing karaoke
Speccy loading noises and made a complete twat of myself in front of the
whole of Cambridge.[1]

[1]As opposed to the whole of Kent.

Adam D. Moss

Jul 31, 2001, 12:35:50 PM7/31/01
Lee Prince wrote:
> And if I did turn up, I'd probably have my girlfriend (who knows nothing
> about the Speccy, despite my efforts to educate her) with me. And she'd be
> incredibly pissed off. Especially if I got drunk and started doing karaoke
> Speccy loading noises and made a complete twat of myself in front of the
> whole of Cambridge.

Not the whole of Cambridge. The bit which would understand,
nay, applaud you.

Matthew Westcott

Jul 31, 2001, 6:11:07 PM7/31/01
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:03:16 +0000, "Adam D. Moss" <ad...@uk.uu.net>
wrote:

I imagine that should be okay by Nattie and me too, then...

About the choice of Thursday being not very helpful to CSS as a
whole - erm, yep, fair point. I'm not suggesting this should be The
Definitive CSS Meet or anything, it's just that it would be nice to
meet a few CSSers while I'm down there.

Anyway... anyone else who's thinking of coming, send a mail over in
this direction [gas...@raww.org] , along with mobile number if you've
got one - might be useful to track down missing people (and save us
from having to hum the theme from Bubble Bobble or something in order
to identify ourselves).

Chris Young

Aug 1, 2001, 3:16:18 PM8/1/01
On 31 Jul 2001 05:10:18 -0700, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> I can possibly make Friday, as I'm going to a wedding in Norwich on

> the Saturday. But I'm not going to recognise any of you, am I?

Well, I always walk around with two people dressed up as characters
from Pokémon in order to help myself be identified from my Spec-chums
pic.

Chris Young

Aug 1, 2001, 3:18:24 PM8/1/01
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:03:16 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,

> but of course I can make it!

I can't. I don't even know where the Old Spring is, having never
actually having been to Cambridge before.

Lee Prince

Aug 1, 2001, 4:41:05 PM8/1/01
Well, I was in this pub on 1 Aug 2001 20:18:24 +0100, minding my own business,
drinking my beer, when suddenly, Chris Young ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>> Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,

>> but of course I can make it!
>
>I can't. I don't even know where the Old Spring is, having never
>actually having been to Cambridge before.

But you only live twenty or so miles away!

Tsk. The youth of today, eh...

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 10:15:50 AM8/2/01
Chris Young wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:03:16 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
> wibbled on for an age:
>
> > Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,
> > but of course I can make it!
>
> I can't. I don't even know where the Old Spring is, having never
> actually having been to Cambridge before.

Go to Mitcham's Corner (sp? -- I can't spell 'corner') which
any road-user can direct you do, then walk down the road
along which the Portland Arms -> Staples vector points for
5-10 minutes and it'll be on your right.

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 10:18:42 AM8/2/01

Matthew Westcott wrote:
> About the choice of Thursday being not very helpful to CSS as a
> whole - erm, yep, fair point. I'm not suggesting this should be The
> Definitive CSS Meet or anything, it's just that it would be nice to
> meet a few CSSers while I'm down there.
>
> Anyway... anyone else who's thinking of coming, send a mail over in
> this direction [gas...@raww.org] , along with mobile number if you've
> got one - might be useful to track down missing people

[Cambridge, 'The Old Spring', Thursday 2nd August, evening]

So is this happening, in a not-just-me-and-matthew-and-nattie
sort of way? Philip too?

8pm, say?

Philip Kendall

Aug 2, 2001, 9:55:33 AM8/2/01
In article <3B696142...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:

>[Cambridge, 'The Old Spring', Thursday 2nd August, evening]
>
>So is this happening, in a not-just-me-and-matthew-and-nattie
>sort of way? Philip too?

Should be along...

>8pm, say?

Might be a bit later than that (trying to finish writing a paper...)

Phil ( http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~pak21/images/pak.jpg for those who
don't know him! )

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 11:18:17 AM8/2/01
Philip Kendall wrote:

> In article <3B696142...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:
> >
> >[Cambridge, 'The Old Spring', Thursday 2nd August, evening]
> >
> >So is this happening, in a not-just-me-and-matthew-and-nattie
> >sort of way? Philip too?
>
> Should be along...

Hooray!

> >8pm, say?
>
> Might be a bit later than that (trying to finish writing a paper...)

Okie dokey. I'll be there somewhere between 8pm and 9pm then,
I reckon.

Jamie Mann

Aug 2, 2001, 11:07:09 AM8/2/01
Could be there - mate wants to shake down his car, and me wanty a beer!
In ipswich, so only about 30 mins away
juice

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 12:28:05 PM8/2/01
"Adam D. Moss" wrote:
> Okie dokey. I'll be there somewhere between 8pm and 9pm then,
> I reckon.

Errr, I might have to stay late at work tonight and nurse a
stupid sick machine. Hopefully not THAT late, but... :(

Chris Young

Aug 2, 2001, 3:46:40 PM8/2/01
On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:15:50 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

Oh, bugger. That takes the entire 15 minutes out of my scheduled
visit.

Chris Young

Aug 2, 2001, 3:53:07 PM8/2/01
On Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:41:05 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> >> Neither The Old Spring nor Thursday would be my first choices,

> >> but of course I can make it!
> >
> >I can't. I don't even know where the Old Spring is, having never
> >actually having been to Cambridge before.
>
> But you only live twenty or so miles away!

Yeah, I know (actually, it's more like 30 as far as I can work out).
I haven't ever bothered to go up that far, the North is too scary.

My 45 mins travelling time estimate is also slightly pesimistic, but
it does include getting lost and taking a wrong turning, taking me 10
mins out of my way, and also the bit where I'm involved in a
high-speed car chase across a muddy field. Erm.. hold on, I think I'm
confusing my hypothetical journey with something else.

Chris Young

Aug 2, 2001, 3:45:31 PM8/2/01
On Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:18:17 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> > >[Cambridge, 'The Old Spring', Thursday 2nd August, evening]

> Okie dokey. I'll be there somewhere between 8pm and 9pm then,
> I reckon.

Oh, I forgot about this. Erm... it's now quarter to nine, and it'll
take me 45 mins (probably) to get there. Oh, and I'll need to leave
to get back home by 10:30ish. So... let's see... I can stay for 15
minutes. That gives me just about enough time to locate everybody
before I leave again.

Hardly seems worth it really.

Chris Young

Aug 2, 2001, 5:21:49 PM8/2/01
On 2 Aug 2001 20:46:40 +0100, Chris Young (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Oh, bugger. That takes the entire 15 minutes out of my scheduled
> visit.

Looks like I'm back in #speccy instead. *sigh*

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 7:38:50 PM8/2/01
Chris Young wrote:
> Oh, bugger. That takes the entire 15 minutes out of my scheduled
> visit.

Oh Gordon Bennett. And after we talked about you at
such great length!

Adam D. Moss

Aug 2, 2001, 7:40:26 PM8/2/01
Chris Young wrote:
> My 45 mins travelling time estimate is also slightly pesimistic, but
> it does include getting lost and taking a wrong turning, taking me 10
> mins out of my way, and also the bit where I'm involved in a
> high-speed car chase across a muddy field.

Pff. We had people come from *Ipswich*. That's COUNTIES
away, and half of the population there don't even have cars!

Hob

Aug 3, 2001, 2:54:31 AM8/3/01
Back in the mists of time, Chris Young gave forth, and spouted some
drivel like:

What? You in #speccy? That's almost as R@RE as me now.

--
Hob.

Replace a with er.
Visit the amazingly dull site! http://www.thehobbitsburrow.org.uk
Use the apostrophe correctly! http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
If this post doesn't make sense, please adjust your chuntey.

/|ndy |<avanagh

Aug 3, 2001, 9:30:18 AM8/3/01
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri,
03 Aug 2001 00:40:26 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk "Adam D. Moss"
<ad...@gimp.org> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Or arms.

/|ndy|< / deKay
--
o /|ndy's Lofi Gaming -- www.lofi-gaming.org.uk o
/ Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy \

Lister

Aug 3, 2001, 10:54:24 AM8/3/01
A long time ago (Fri, 03 Aug 2001 14:30:18 +0100, really), in a pub
far, far away, "/|ndy |<avanagh" <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> slammed a
pint glass on the table and said :

>Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri,
>03 Aug 2001 00:40:26 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk "Adam D. Moss"
><ad...@gimp.org> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
>>Chris Young wrote:
>>> My 45 mins travelling time estimate is also slightly pesimistic, but
>>> it does include getting lost and taking a wrong turning, taking me 10
>>> mins out of my way, and also the bit where I'm involved in a
>>> high-speed car chase across a muddy field.
>>
>>Pff. We had people come from *Ipswich*. That's COUNTIES
>>away, and half of the population there don't even have cars!
>
>Or arms.
>

>/|ndy|< / deKay

/me throws andy a spare arm

you can't have my "third leg" though

--
http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=A8RUHZ&key=QHB

go on ladies, give me your honest oppinion :P

Darren Salt

Aug 3, 2001, 1:06:25 PM8/3/01
I demand that Adam D. Moss may or may not have written...

So... how many tractors were there?

--
| Darren Salt anti-UCE | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk | nr. Ashington,
| Spec+3, Risc PC, A3010 | s zap,tartarus,org | Northumberland
| BBC M128, Linux PC | @ retrospec,co,uk | Toon Army
| Down with the Mackems!

I don't suffer from insanity: I enjoy every minute of it.

/|ndy |<avanagh

Aug 3, 2001, 4:22:37 PM8/3/01
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri,
03 Aug 2001 15:54:24 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Lister <fa...@clara.net>

fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>A long time ago (Fri, 03 Aug 2001 14:30:18 +0100, really), in a pub
>far, far away, "/|ndy |<avanagh" <an...@lofi-gaming.org.uk> slammed a
>pint glass on the table and said :
>
>>Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri,
>>03 Aug 2001 00:40:26 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>>comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk "Adam D. Moss"
>><ad...@gimp.org> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>>>Pff. We had people come from *Ipswich*. That's COUNTIES
>>>away, and half of the population there don't even have cars!
>>
>>Or arms.
>>

>>/|ndy|< / deKay
>

>/me throws andy a spare arm
>

>you can't have my "third leg" though

Pfff. I already have seven of them.

Lee Prince

Aug 3, 2001, 5:54:31 PM8/3/01
Well, I was in this pub on 2 Aug 2001 20:53:07 +0100, minding my own business,

drinking my beer, when suddenly, Chris Young ran in and started ranting and
raving...

>>>I can't. I don't even know where the Old Spring is, having never

>>>actually having been to Cambridge before.
>>
>> But you only live twenty or so miles away!
>
>Yeah, I know (actually, it's more like 30 as far as I can work out).
>I haven't ever bothered to go up that far, the North is too scary.

LOL! "The North" most certainly does not mean Cambridge!

Well, OK, it's further north than Arlesey, but I live in Kent (i.e.
very far south) and I don't refer to Cambridge, Bedford etc as "The
North".

Do you think everyone in Shefford and Henlow wears flat caps and owns
whippets, or something?

spi...@freenet.co.uk

Aug 4, 2001, 5:44:44 AM8/4/01
Hob <h...@blueyonda.co.uk> did eloquently scribble:

> Back in the mists of time, Chris Young gave forth, and spouted some
> drivel like:

>> > Oh, bugger. That takes the entire 15 minutes out of my scheduled
>> > visit.
>>
>> Looks like I'm back in #speccy instead. *sigh*

> What? You in #speccy? That's almost as R@RE as me now.

Well get back in there!
Or at least reopen your MOO so we can chat to you in there sometimes.
(If there's someone there you don't like, just /ignore them rather than
shunning the whole channel)

| spi...@freenet.co.uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

Hob

Aug 4, 2001, 8:57:18 AM8/4/01
Back in the mists of time, spi...@freenet.co.uk gave forth, and spouted
some drivel like:

> > What? You in #speccy? That's almost as R@RE as me now.

> Well get back in there!
> Or at least reopen your MOO so we can chat to you in there sometimes.
> (If there's someone there you don't like, just /ignore them rather than
> shunning the whole channel)

I'm not - I have too many things on these days, what with this "life"
thing and all. The MOO should be available. telnet hob.homeip.net 7777
for it.

Chris Young

Aug 4, 2001, 12:18:51 PM8/4/01
On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:54:31 GMT, Lee Prince (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> >> But you only live twenty or so miles away!
> >
> >Yeah, I know (actually, it's more like 30 as far as I can work out).
> >I haven't ever bothered to go up that far, the North is too scary.
>
> LOL! "The North" most certainly does not mean Cambridge!
>
> Well, OK, it's further north than Arlesey, but I live in Kent (i.e.
> very far south) and I don't refer to Cambridge, Bedford etc as "The
> North".

Neither do I normally, but it *is* North.

> Do you think everyone in Shefford and Henlow wears flat caps and owns
> whippets, or something?

Yes, they do. It's true!

Chris Young

Aug 4, 2001, 12:21:59 PM8/4/01
On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:40:26 +0100, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Chris Young wrote:

> > My 45 mins travelling time estimate is also slightly pesimistic, but
> > it does include getting lost and taking a wrong turning, taking me 10
> > mins out of my way, and also the bit where I'm involved in a
> > high-speed car chase across a muddy field.
>
> Pff. We had people come from *Ipswich*. That's COUNTIES
> away,

(Chris points out that Cambridge isn't in Bedfordshire either)

I work late on Thursdays, and I have to come from even further down
south to get to Cambridge from there. It would take me at least two
hours, so I wouldn't be able to get there until... oooh... about 8pm.
Oh, alright, I couldn't be bothered.

Chris Young

Aug 4, 2001, 12:23:16 PM8/4/01
On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 00:38:50 +0100, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Chris Young wrote:

/me only hopes he was joking.

No, really, what were you saying?

Chris Young

Aug 4, 2001, 12:23:56 PM8/4/01
On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 06:54:31 GMT, Hob (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Back in the mists of time, Chris Young gave forth, and spouted some

> drivel like:
>
> > > Oh, bugger. That takes the entire 15 minutes out of my scheduled
> > > visit.
> >
> > Looks like I'm back in #speccy instead. *sigh*
>
> What? You in #speccy? That's almost as R@RE as me now.

I've made a comeback after being away for so long. Dunno how long
it'll last though.

Rupert Goodwins

Aug 4, 2001, 1:53:51 PM8/4/01
On 30 Jul 2001 11:53:34 GMT, derek...@sage.com (Derek Jolly) wrote:

<blah>

Sage.com? Where David Karlin, one of the QL designers, has just gone to be
head tech bod?

Small world... (it is, I lost it under my bed the other night)

spi...@freenet.co.uk

Aug 4, 2001, 3:03:38 PM8/4/01
Hob <h...@blueyonda.co.uk> did eloquently scribble:
> Back in the mists of time, spi...@freenet.co.uk gave forth, and spouted
> some drivel like:

>> > What? You in #speccy? That's almost as R@RE as me now.
>>
>> Well get back in there!
>> Or at least reopen your MOO so we can chat to you in there sometimes.
>> (If there's someone there you don't like, just /ignore them rather than
>> shunning the whole channel)

> I'm not - I have too many things on these days, what with this "life"
> thing and all. The MOO should be available. telnet hob.homeip.net 7777
> for it.

It is now... But for a while it wasn't... It's usefull for a backup because
there is the odd occasion when astrolink (or large parts of it) shut down or
are otherwise unavailable.

:)

| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

Derek Jolly

Aug 6, 2001, 4:08:47 AM8/6/01
Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair, Rupert Goodwins said

That be it man.
--
Derek Jolly (derek...@deadspam.com) Web: http://rivet.50megs.com/
comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Transversion PC: http://rivet.50megs.com/games.html
Change "deadspam" to "sage" in my e-mail address to contact me.

Adam D. Moss

Aug 6, 2001, 8:15:30 AM8/6/01
Chris Young wrote:
> I work late on Thursdays, and I have to come from even further down
> south to get to Cambridge from there. It would take me at least two
> hours, so I wouldn't be able to get there until... oooh... about 8pm.

Oh...

> Oh, alright, I couldn't be bothered.

Why didn't you just SAY so?

Adam D. Moss

Aug 6, 2001, 8:17:23 AM8/6/01
Chris Young wrote:
> > Oh Gordon Bennett. And after we talked about you at
> > such great length!
>
> /me only hopes he was joking.

I suppose you'll never know, not having turned up! Tee heeee!

> No, really, what were you saying?

I think all that was said was that you were jolly good at
making crap games. But my memory of the night is quite hazy...

Chris Young

Aug 6, 2001, 2:49:38 PM8/6/01
On Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:15:30 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> > Oh, alright, I couldn't be bothered.

> Why didn't you just SAY so?

Erm, I did.

Chris Young

Aug 6, 2001, 2:51:15 PM8/6/01
On Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:17:23 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

> Chris Young wrote:

> > > Oh Gordon Bennett. And after we talked about you at
> > > such great length!
> >
> > /me only hopes he was joking.
>
> I suppose you'll never know, not having turned up! Tee heeee!

Bast.

> > No, really, what were you saying?
>
> I think all that was said was that you were jolly good at
> making crap games.

I'm now wondering what your definition of "great length" is. (and why
that definition is being used - Ed)

Adam D. Moss

Aug 7, 2001, 8:40:38 AM8/7/01
Chris Young wrote:
> > > No, really, what were you saying?
> >
> > I think all that was said was that you were jolly good at
> > making crap games.
>
> I'm now wondering what your definition of "great length" is.

Mmn, well, it's hard to put anything succinctly when
under the influence of whatever it is that pubs sell.

Natalie Mayer

Aug 7, 2001, 10:18:52 AM8/7/01
In article <3B6FE1C6...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:

>Mmn, well, it's hard to put anything succinctly when
>under the influence of whatever it is that pubs sell.

What he means is that he wibbles a lot. (Oh, but he's so cute when he
wibbles.)

nattie - checking in to the Hotel CSS for a little - reportlet to follow!

Chris Young

Aug 7, 2001, 3:39:14 PM8/7/01
On Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:17:23 +0000, Adam D. Moss (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")

wibbled on for an age:

(sorry, replying to the same message twice)

> I think all that was said was that you were jolly good at
> making crap games.

It's a shame I'm not jolly good at writing good games - I could have
made a living out of it. Come to think of it, a lot of people make
money out of writing crap games so, mmmm (er, I don't think there's
much of a market for commercial crap Speccy games these days - Ed).
Shame.

Lister

Aug 7, 2001, 7:03:22 PM8/7/01
A long time ago (7 Aug 2001 14:18:52 GMT, really), in a pub far, far
away, nma...@rohan.sdsu.edu (Natalie Mayer) slammed a pint glass on
the table and said :

>In article <3B6FE1C6...@uk.uu.net>, Adam D. Moss <ad...@uk.uu.net> wrote:

you can check out, but you can never leave....... :P

It is loading more messages.