This is what me missed: top10 dutch coders

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
We have had lots op toplists, but we missed the Dutch coders....I will
gave an example just to name a few......I am not saying number 1 on my
list is the best.....just what i think were the best 10 Dutch coders
on MSX,

- Stefan Danes (Magicracks)
- Alex Wulms (XelaSoft)
- Cas Creemers (Parallax)
- Ivo Wubbels (MSX-Engine)
- Remco Schrijvers (MoonSoft)
- Andre Ligthart (Anma)
- Nico Lubbers (Station)
- Dennis Geerdink (MSX-Engine)
- Remo Jongeneelen (Comjoetania)
- Roman v/d Meulen (Fuzzy Logic)

Who's next?

Ruud.

remko

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99

RHJL van de Moosdijk wrote in message <36d2a8ae...@news.wirehub.nl>...

What about

- Jan van Valburg
- Jouke (Dijkstra) (vriend of Jan)
- uuuh.....

Sander Zuidema

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
>- Jan van Valburg

Flying Bytes' greatest mistake, wasn't it, Anne? :)

Sander

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:34:53 -0800, "remko"
<re...@styleguide.demon.nl> wrote:

>- Jan van Valburg
>- Jouke (Dijkstra) (vriend of Jan)
>- uuuh.....

Jan hmmm.....he is ok, but not a top10 rated coder, at least not in my
opinion. Wonder how he is doing at Eurocom :)

Ruud.

TFH/Fony

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
I think you are missing out on The Pretender (FONY/TYFOON Software...)

Greetz,

Arnaud

--
Go visit the MSX Emulator Page (M.E.P.)
http://www.mep.msxnet.org

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:23:14 +0100, "TFH/Fony" <t...@casema.net> wrote:

>I think you are missing out on The Pretender (FONY/TYFOON Software...)
>
>Greetz,
>
>Arnaud

Arnaud!!! What are you telling me ?? That those Fony stuff were
actually CODED? Oh man, who is going to believe that..... I would
never have believed they were actually programmed.

I thought Fony demos were made by putting graphics and text on a disk
and all the freaky effects were made by accident, when The prentender
used his Freaky Fwang!(tm) magnet on the disk......sheeeesh, you learn
something new everyday....Fony could actually code...

Well anyway, I must apologize to my old friend The Pretender then for
missing out on him....I will apoligize later again for not remembering
his real name, but not now. (I don't apologize twice in one message)

Greetz,

Ruud.

denio

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
does the dutch group 'FAC' still exist? (from FAC-demo 1-5 and FAC
soundtracker)

greets from denio

TFH/Fony

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
|Arnaud!!! What are you telling me ?? That those Fony stuff were
|actually CODED? Oh man, who is going to believe that..... I would
|never have believed they were actually programmed.

No.... Ofcourse we didn't ocde anything... We just pressed some keys on our
computers by accident et voila... There we had the first real-time
calculated 3D effects on the MSX.... pres a few more buttones and et
voila... The first demo with own-written scc-music and of course we didn't
have to do anything for a replayer.. we simply prayed to God.. and there it
was !!! ;->

|I thought Fony demos were made by putting graphics and text on a disk
|and all the freaky effects were made by accident, when The prentender
|used his Freaky Fwang!(tm) magnet on the disk......sheeeesh, you learn
|something new everyday....Fony could actually code...

Well.. Actually... THe 3D routine was stolen from the amiga !! HE converted
it to MSX and was surprised by the speed he got. Just have a look on FONY
DEMODISK #1.. You can even controll the motion yourself... No bad eh ???

|Well anyway, I must apologize to my old friend The Pretender then for
|missing out on him....I will apoligize later again for not remembering
|his real name, but not now. (I don't apologize twice in one message)

Well ... To give you the cance to make the appology in another e-mail, I'll
tell you now his name is Michiel Spoor....

Greetz,

Arnaud !!!

TFH/Fony

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
Nop....

Thank God they don't....

(ahum.. This is going to give some flames...)

greetz,

Arnaud

--
Go visit the MSX Emulator Page (M.E.P.)
http://www.mep.msxnet.org
http://surf.to/msxemu
http://www.casema.net/~tfh
ICQ: 12222446

denio heeft geschreven in bericht <7b11kp$1ps$1...@news2.xs4all.nl>...

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:18:05 +0100, "denio" <hotd...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>does the dutch group 'FAC' still exist? (from FAC-demo 1-5 and FAC
>soundtracker)
>
>greets from denio

Nope they don't....no idea what happened to Erik Druijss, but John v/d
Poelgeest started FCS and Hayo quit MSX, I know he worked for PC
active, no idea if he still does.....

And why flames Arnoud ? It's ok not to like them, but they did do some
goodt hings for the MSX like Fac Demo 4 and Soundtracker....

Ruud.

Wammes Witkop

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
> and Hayo quit MSX, I know he worked for PC active, no idea if he still
> does.....

He does'nt any more, to my dismay. Changed job a bit over a year back, now
works for an outfit called XXlink.

Cheers,

Wammes

Manuel Bilderbeek

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99

Sorry, but I think FAC demo 4 was SHIT!
Liked part V much better, with those bouncy-balls... and the MIDI sound!
--
Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:28:28 +0100, Wammes Witkop
<wwi...@cable.a2000.nl> wrote:

Wammes,

what was that coder called that worked for you in the times of MCM,
the guy that made some stuff like some TSR's ? He was quite good
too....don't recall his name tho...help me out here.

Ruud.

Wammes Witkop

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Paul you mean - Paul te Bokkel. Nice lad, good programmer.

Wammes

Anne de Raad

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Anne de Raad

*grin*

Naaah, you mean Ries Vriend......

Bye, AnNmAn!!!!!

Anne de Raad

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Heee, Paul te Bokkel......

Yep, he also was a good coder.....

And what about Cees Cramer *correct spelling?* from Radarsoft, also a good
DUTCH MSX-coder, right!?

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99

Of course, good old Cees! You know Anne he is still active ? Not sure
what he is doing these days but 3 years back he was still writing
stuff for the CD-I....quite funny.

Oh and Wammes, I did mean Ries Vriend, not Paul te Bokkel, but thanx
anyway.

Ruud.

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:24:24 +0100, Manuel Bilderbeek
<manu...@sci.kun.nl> wrote:

>Sorry, but I think FAC demo 4 was SHIT!
>Liked part V much better, with those bouncy-balls... and the MIDI sound!

But Manuel, I don't think you saw the FAC demo 4 when it was first
released.....coz it was the first demo with own written MSX-Audio
music, and it sounded better then anything thought possible with the
MSX Audio....it was a major breakthrough.....before that time no one
really wanted an MSX Audio, the FMPac was a lot better.....but FAC
changed that and started a hype around the Music Module here in
Holland........(this was in.....1990?)

Greetz,

Ruud.

Wammes Witkop

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Ries indeed was the second possibility. Nowadays hiring himself out to
the KLM, doing heavy stuff in VB. Same as Markus The, if anyone remebers
that name. Actually Marcus and myself still team up for programming,
sometimes.

Wammes

Sander Zuidema

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Btw: Martijn Dekker and Michiel de Vries aren't that bad either....

--
Greetz,

Sander Zuidema
Listen to my music at:
http://members.tripod.com/moonsynth/

Sander Zuidema

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Fac demo 4 and the soundtracker made the MSX Audio worth gold and I think it
saved the MSX scene a little longer.

RHJL van de Moosdijk

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:30:27 +0100, Wammes Witkop
<wwi...@cable.a2000.nl> wrote:

>Ries indeed was the second possibility. Nowadays hiring himself out to
>the KLM, doing heavy stuff in VB. Same as Markus The, if anyone remebers
>that name. Actually Marcus and myself still team up for programming,
>sometimes.

Of course I remember Markus, I met him a few times at the Interexpo in
Eindhoven, nice chap I might add.....doing heavy VB stuff now eh? Is
that possible....VB isn't that heavy :) I just got a new CD from
Microsoft with 450 MB of VB tools ($350) so I can do some new
experimenting....already wrote an Arranger MP3 replayer and
all....quite nice....but not heavy :)

Greetz,

Ruud.

Wammes Witkop

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
S'pose it all depends on your definition of "heavy". To me, multiple
server-client systems that have to give a more or less real-time response on
flight-bookings can be heavy, depending on the number of users, planes and
passengers. Balancing file-trees can become a real pain in the behind, for
instance, if you just have to do it on the run. Garbage piles up, so to
speak.

Cheers, Wammes

Bart Roymans

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Ehh... Ignore that last mail... I'm BLIND !!!! (I guess :) )

Sorry Ruud :)

Greetz,
Bart

Bart Roymans

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
I still think one person is left out.

Remo Jongeneelen from compjoetania,

responsible for programming:

coprogramming: All machinecoded demo's from compjoetania
Compass
Pixess

Allthough he didn't specialize in visual efx, he was an excellent coder...

Greetz,
Bart 'humble' Roymans :)

Manuel Bilderbeek

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Wammes Witkop wrote:
<about former MC(C)M editors>
So now we know what happened to these former editors.. What about the
others?
I thought Harry van Horen was working for HomeSoft these days?
And what about M.B.Immerzeel?
Marco Soijer? (Is that the correct spelling?)
Ronald Blankenstijn (The former chief-editor!)
Lies Muller? (Did she get in because of her letter about women using
computers? Or was it another letter? (Anyway, I remember a letter of her
in the "Post" rubriek, in MCM 5 or so))
And the other names I'm forgetting...

And what about these Stark-Texel/Kluwer bookwriters, like Albert
Sickler, Aaldrik van Utteren, Wessel Akkermans, ACJ Groeneveld, Marcel
LeBelle, Hans Klopper?

Or the MSX CLub Magazine people, like Wim Dewijngaert? Jan van Roshum?

I'd really like to know what happened to these people since they left
the MSX scene... (if they did) or at least what they're doing now...

Can you give us some info, Wammes? Or maybe other people?

Wammes Witkop

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Hi Manuel,

Good grief! Do you really expect me to anwer all these questions? Loads of
people! I'll give you info on some...
Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> Wammes Witkop wrote:
> <about former MC(C)M editors>
> So now we know what happened to these former editors.. What about the
> others?
> I thought Harry van Horen was working for HomeSoft these days?

Still is, one of the directors there. Actually, Harry started working with
Homesoft many years ago and we had a deep converstation wether he could stay
on as our games-reviewer then. He did - and I must admit he gave Homesoft
titles a good trashing often enough.

> And what about M.B.Immerzeel?

No idea.

> Marco Soijer? (Is that the correct spelling?)

Alive and well, as an aeronautics engineer.

> Ronald Blankenstijn (The former chief-editor!)

Somewhere in Spain, selling satelite-dishes and decoders to expatriats.

> Lies Muller? (Did she get in because of her letter about women using
> computers? Or was it another letter? (Anyway, I remember a letter of her
> in the "Post" rubriek, in MCM 5 or so))

Lies wrote that letter after Ronald had called a HitBit feminine in it's
design. She freaked out and let fly. Actually, that was the only letter in
the whole history of the mag that Blankenstein answered himself. And even
back then Lies and I were close, though not married yet. Nowadays Lies has
her own workshop in Utrecht - we don't live together out of choice - and
gives courses on building musical instruments.

> And the other names I'm forgetting...

Many of them. Ramon van de Winkel, Robbert Wethmar, Hans Niepoth, Edgar
Hildering, many many more. Some of them are still friends, some write for
PC-Active.

> And what about these Stark-Texel/Kluwer bookwriters, like Albert
> Sickler, Aaldrik van Utteren, Wessel Akkermans, ACJ Groeneveld, Marcel
> LeBelle, Hans Klopper?

No idea.

> Or the MSX CLub Magazine people, like Wim Dewijngaert? Jan van Roshum?

Ask Frank. He should be here as well, but is very busy.

Cheers, Wammes

Manuel Bilderbeek

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
Wammes Witkop wrote:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> Good grief! Do you really expect me to anwer all these questions? Loads of
> people! I'll give you info on some...

:-) Yep! I'm too curious!

> > I thought Harry van Horen was working for HomeSoft these days?
>
> Still is, one of the directors there. Actually, Harry started working with
> Homesoft many years ago and we had a deep converstation wether he could stay
> on as our games-reviewer then. He did - and I must admit he gave Homesoft
> titles a good trashing often enough.

Yes, especially about very Japanese text-adventures, like Yajikita, or
something...

> > Ronald Blankenstijn (The former chief-editor!)
>
> Somewhere in Spain, selling satelite-dishes and decoders to expatriats.

Hmm! Funny!

> > Lies Muller? (Did she get in because of her letter about women using
> > computers? Or was it another letter? (Anyway, I remember a letter of her
> > in the "Post" rubriek, in MCM 5 or so))
>
> Lies wrote that letter after Ronald had called a HitBit feminine in it's
> design. She freaked out and let fly. Actually, that was the only letter in

Indeed! That was it!

> the whole history of the mag that Blankenstein answered himself. And even
> back then Lies and I were close, though not married yet. Nowadays Lies has
> her own workshop in Utrecht - we don't live together out of choice - and
> gives courses on building musical instruments.

Ah! I thought you got in contact with Lies throught this letter! But
when
did she start making the K&K's?

> > And the other names I'm forgetting...
>
> Many of them. Ramon van de Winkel, Robbert Wethmar, Hans Niepoth, Edgar
> Hildering, many many more. Some of them are still friends, some write for
> PC-Active.

Yes, those names I was forgetting!
Can you tell more about them? (And also Ronald Egas, please)

> Ask Frank. He should be here as well, but is very busy.

Too busy I guess! ;-)

John van Poelgeest

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
I really loved FAC demo IV when I first heard it. It was because of this
demo I was asked to join the FAC. Erik Duijs really wrote fantastic music,
but not at e real high speed. So they needed a second musician. That was in
1990, indeed.

btw, FAC 5 was completely written by FCS (Jeff Timmer and me), Hayo, Rolf,
Erik and Willem only saw the demo when it was finished.

John van Poelgeest
Jo...@poelgeest.demon.nl

RHJL van de Moosdijk heeft geschreven in bericht
<36d5aba9...@news.brabant.chello.nl>...