Mac Warcraft 2 demo available at ftp.blizzard.com!

BlizzrdEnt

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

The Mac Warcraft 2 demo will be available starting today at
ftp.blizzard.com.

Tym

C. Ligh

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Brian Hebert

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In article <4sjksi$s...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, blizz...@aol.com
(BlizzrdEnt) wrote:

A request! Could you please segment the file for download the way you did
the PC version? I spent three hours this morning downloading the file
only to learn that it was corrupted and wouldn't unbinhex. *sigh*
Segmenting would make it easier to download and would significantly reduce
the hassle if a piece of the download is bad. Thanks!

stuart andrews

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

> I am sure there is somebody who will say they have a T1 and smugly
> downloaded it several dozen times without success either :-o
>
> It's broke.
>
> Rob Barris
> Quicksilver Software Inc.
> rba...@quicksilver.com
> * Opinions expressed not necessarily those of my employer *

Try this site...

ftp://ftp.grayphics.com/incoming/wc2.sit

paul newman

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

In article <rbarris-1807...@192.168.1.16>,
Rob Barris <rba...@quicksilver.com> wrote:
>In article <hebert-1807...@inigo.hip.berkeley.edu>,
>I downloaded it three times this afternoon (I have ISDN ;-) and it was
>bogus every time. Neither StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Expander is able to
>de-binhex it.

>I am sure there is somebody who will say they have a T1 and smugly
>downloaded it several dozen times without success either :-o
>
>It's broke.

Hmm i downloaded it once onto my shell and from there used netscape to
download it and it worked out fine.. my download was from
next-generation.com so maybe blizzard's copy got messed up some how...

Invid fan

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

> In article <4sjksi$s...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, blizz...@aol.com
> (BlizzrdEnt) wrote:
>
> > The Mac Warcraft 2 demo will be available starting today at
> > ftp.blizzard.com.
> >
> > Tym
>
> A request! Could you please segment the file for download the way you did
> the PC version? I spent three hours this morning downloading the file
> only to learn that it was corrupted and wouldn't unbinhex. *sigh*
> Segmenting would make it easier to download and would significantly reduce
> the hassle if a piece of the download is bad. Thanks!

Is the thing actualy at this site? I just took a look, and only saw four
things: The mac and ibm demos of WC 1, the ibm WC 2 demo, and the 8 part
version of that demo.

--
"Say, Rose? Do you believe in Magic?" ! Chris Mack
"Not really, no. But that's NOT what you're asking me." ! 'Invid fan'

Beaver Cleaver

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

> I downloaded it three times this afternoon (I have ISDN ;-) and it was
> bogus every time. Neither StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Expander is able to
> de-binhex it.
>
> I am sure there is somebody who will say they have a T1 and smugly
> downloaded it several dozen times without success either :-o
>
> It's broke.
>

> Rob Barris
> Quicksilver Software Inc.
> rba...@quicksilver.com
> * Opinions expressed not necessarily those of my employer *

If you are using Fetch to get it, go to the Preferences and un-check the
BinHex 4 box, that was the problem I had the first time. If that doesnt
work, you just might need to get a new version of StuffIt

--
"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy,
and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form."

New York Times, November 26, 1991